1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Psycho Sonny, Jan 9, 2014.

1. BuffetSlayer

Mobster

Thats kind of missing the point. Its also more hassle for me having to sell the game.

The ps4 was reformed in the slim in 2016 with a £100 off the rrp of the ps4 (around 3 years after originally released).

3 years on from the pro release and no similar drop in rrp.

2. Matt_West_Mids

Gangster

Presume it's because it's still selling well.

3. BuffetSlayer

Mobster

Or perhaps not well enough? I read somewhere that whilst ps4 sales are way ahead of xbox sales, when it comes to the more powerful iterations, the 1x has outsold the pro.

4. oli collett

Mobster

can you share this source?

5. TheVoice

Capodecina

Because bundle deals tend to be more appealing and will be a supported promotion with some help from the publisher. It's the same reason that sometimes it's cheaper to buy the bigger box of Corn Flakes in Tesco vs the smaller box; the promotion is on one specific SKU rather than the whole range.

6. stoofa

Capodecina

If I remember the One X had a better "Opening week" compared to the Pro - something along the lines of 80k units vs 50k units. But I was very much under the impression that things were a lot closer now.

7. jennidc

Hitman

Does anyone know when new ps now games get announced? I know ps plus is the first Tuesday of the month is psnow the same?

I treated myself to a year of psnow as I managed to get it for £39 for 12 months.

8. JUMPURS

Capodecina

Game were doing a trade in any PS4 and get a Pro with COD for £139 which was a great deal. I traded in my launch day PS4 for it.

9. budge1972

Wise Guy

I managed to bag a mint 500 million edition PS4 pro locally at the weekend...a thing of beauty :) it upset me a little when I removed the sellophane from it.
    Sold my day1 PS4 pro for a decent amount aswell to soften the blow on the wallet.

10. manic111

Capodecina

I'm angry with myself for missing that, I was so close to doing it

11. Dyson

Mobster

Need some help! My PS4 has become really slow, and laggy in use. Controllers are randomly disconnecting despite being fully charged, and games have horrendous input lag.

I've turned it off and on, that didn't fix it, so must be something more serious...

Any ideas, or suggestions?

12. budge1972

Wise Guy

Maybe formatting may help?

13. Dyson

Mobster

Hmm, that's what I was thinking. Fingers crossed it'll fix itself overnight lol

14. jennidc

Hitman

If that doesn't work you could try plugging in an external drive and moving your games to that. If that fixes it you know your internal ps4 drive needs changing.

15. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

My Pro did something similar and it turned out to be the Hard Drive was dying. I swapped out with another and all was fine.

16. Dyson

Mobster

Will have to have a look Friday, may just order a new drive incase

17. Digital X

Sgarrista

Picked up Fallout 4 for £3 from Gamebase, they had AC Origins for £5 too, cracking prices.

18. Matt_West_Mids

Gangster

Bargain playing fallout 4 currently using the PlayStation now trial so might get that at somepoint.

19. BuffetSlayer

Mobster

That is an awesome deal. :eek: How the hell did I miss that one?

Me too - gutted and disappointed that I let myself miss out on that. My ps4 has been collecting dust for nearly 2 years since I got my 1x. Would have literally chewed both their arms off for that deal, lol :p

20. TNA

Capodecina

I went for the Argos deal. For £319.99 you get the PS4 Pro with the Fortnite code (which I will sell on) + Death Stranding + Extra V2 controller + Blu Ray Movie. Basically you get the movie and the controller for £20 which is a good saving there.

Not the deal I was hoping for, but it is the best I could find and at least I can now catch up on a bunch of exclusives and I am ready for FF7 Remake :D