New PC (£400ish) Build help please

Man of Honour
Dammit! I was too slow! The CPU is now £159 and the memory is not in stock until the 9/1 and costs £56... you snooze, you lose!!
Post in the customer services section of the forum and ask if they'll honour the Christmas deals prices. (They should do imo)

Associate
OP
Soldato
In what way? Its worked fine on my current PC for a couple of years? How much is a decent new one?

Had not thought of that - but they are both 7 years old with no packaging ... where would I sell them - I don't do Ebay anymore? Although I suppose I could find my old account.

I tend to use average\decent 80 plus\white\bronze units for my systems or ones I build, but not for highish end stuff, but as far as the VS goes, it’s about quality. I’ve had a vs 350 before, but for a low powered system. CX are a better range.

Associate
OP

Guys, not sure where I should ask this question but I am having trouble getting the new build to run. It powers up and the fans come on. But no display is output - not even the BIOS. I bought the above items except the memory wasn't in stock so I swapped it for https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-channel-kit-black-grey-tdged4-my-089-tg.html.

I've searched forums and tried the following:-

1. swapped the memory modules around, using just one module. neither module on its own worked.
2. swapped the graphics card for my old graphics card (which I knew worked)
3. reset the CMOS

But It won't work. Having read a few posts about the motherboard, it seems that maybe my memory is not compatible? lots of similar situations were solved by replacing the memory. Any recommendations on what memory I could try? I will post a similar message on the customer service and see if they can help.

Associate
Which RAM slots were you using? According to the manual it should be slots A2/B2 for 2 sticks of RAM.

For the cable connecting monitor to PC, is it connected to the GPU or motherboard?

Associate
OP
@IMissMyDCast your monitor is plugged to the GPU outputs?
Which RAM slots were you using? According to the manual it should be slots A2/B2 for 2 sticks of RAM.

For the cable connecting monitor to PC, is it connected to the GPU or motherboard?

Yes, the ram is in slots A2 and B2. Lucky really, as the cpu heatsink/fan stops A1 being accessible.
Yes, I'm using the GPU outputs (now) . I did try the motherboard until I realised this processor doesn't have GPU capability!

Soldato
What is your old graphics card that you tried? Always make sure all of the power cables are plugged fully in, including for the graphics card when/if needed.

Does the motherboard box say Ryzen 3*** compatible, or have a bios version anywhere on it?

Soldato
is everything seated correctly? is the cable(s) to power the graphics card installed?

also i wouldnt always go by what the manufacturers list as compatible ram, i have the b450 aorus m motherboard with ballistix sport lt ram which were never listed on the support page and i never once had issues

Associate
OP
is everything seated correctly? is the cable(s) to power the graphics card installed?

also i wouldnt always go by what the manufacturers list as compatible ram, i have the b450 aorus m motherboard with ballistix sport lt ram which were never listed on the support page and i never once had issues

I have reseated everything apart from the CPU (which dropped in beautifully).
I've not looked on any compatibility list, but a number of posts with similar symptoms to mine were solved by trying different memory.. But I've no idea which ones to try.

Back
Top Bottom