Selfishness

Soldato
So I got called selfish tonight by my girlfriend.
We went to M&S where I spent £16 on dinner. She asked if she could take leftovers for lunch to which I said no as planned to have tomorrow for both our dinners instead of spending more money. I then got called selfish
She pays towards food and I pay for other things - mortgage, bills, holidays and most lunch and restaurant meals.
I'm rather fuming so just needed a rant really

Does that sound selfish to you?

Associate
So I got called selfish tonight by my girlfriend.
We went to M&S where I spent £16 on dinner. She asked if she could take leftovers for lunch to which I said no as planned to have tomorrow for both our dinners instead of spending more money. I then got called selfish
She pays towards food and I pay for other things - mortgage, bills, holidays and most lunch and restaurant meals.
I'm rather fuming so just needed a rant really

Does that sound selfish to you?

Not really to me anyways i don't think that is selfish,

You are just prioritising and planning ahead, so if i was in your shoes i would not think that is selfish,

Why would it be selfish after all the leftovers are for you two, if you was selfish you would have it all to your self i think and not her.

Before she asked you to have left overs for lunch, did you say to her that the left overs will be for dinner for you two to save some money, did she agree and or did she change her mind or did she not know?

And or well i have to edit my post here but you have 2 portions of left over food, 1 for her and 1 for your self, i would allow her to have her lunch with her portion and save your portion for your dinner as you have planned, leaving her without food for dinner, because she had it for lunch.

So all in all she will have too use her or your lunch money saved by eating left over food to buy her dinner again you see, because you say she also pays towards food you see.

Saving money still by allowing her to have it for lunch because she or you will not need to buy food for lunch..

I hope that make sense so either way it is pretty much break even with the cost's if you think about it

Also being emotionally detached is very good advise, i am like that all the time.

I can see why you are fuming, it seems to be a twisted power struggle here.

Dan.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just LOL if you don't have a contract with your girlfriend clearly defining ownership of items including but not limited to food and related ingredients, by way of a proportional investment/reward model, to whit, and as an example, Party 1 pays $10 of the total charge of $16, meaning they can eat up to but no more than 10/16th of said items, unless and only on the provision of prior approval from Party 2 to consume more than initially agreed.

Noobs.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's £16. It's not like you spent £1600 in Harrods on oysters and caviar.
How much will she spend on lunch now that she can't take the leftovers?

Man of Honour
If you ever want to get laid again give her the damn food and buy her a cat/puppy by way of apology. That is of course assuming that this is not all an elaborate ruse.

Back
Top Bottom