Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Thanks guys.
Just grab enough loot from a scav run to equip a pmc run doing quests and learn the maps/tactics etc before launch.
This is still something I dont understand.. whats the playing differences between the two?

Why would there be a rush to complete upgrading the hideout before the wipe, if it's getting wiped?

Soldato
PMC is you, when you die you are injured and need to re-heal / eat / drink. Nearly all quests need to be done as the PMC (some find in raid quests work with a Skav though) and any stat increase are persistent.

Skav is just a free run to spawn in with random gear. Anything you extract with can be transferred to your PMC.

Man of Honour
Also, on a scav run, the npc scavs are friendly to you (unless you shoot one of them), which is useful if you encounter another player and you still have friend status with the NPCs and they don't :D , whereas on a PMC run the NPCs are enemy.

Soldato
Why would there be a rush to complete upgrading the hideout before the wipe, if it's getting wiped?

It's more getting it done in good time before the wipe, you can easily make a few hundred thousand rubles passive income per day without trying from the hideout.

Also having upgraded mine, I know now what to focus on more after the next/final wipe comes.

Soldato

Its a QOL thing for me, just upgraded my stash to level 2 and am now broke, which is kind of fun in its own way. As said before though, its really getting an idea of how the game works, whats worth looting and why, how to get the quests done etc. been playing a couple of weeks now and ive got a scav lucky box jam packed with trash, armor and bits of guns everywhere. I had a play last night, spent an hour sorting out my stash and didnt actually get into the fps bit!

Soldato
Guys, i put something up for sale on the flea market on the 20th, just logged in for the first time since then, and had message saying The item was not sold, Incoming package and in brackets (out of time) does that mean i lost the item that did not sale ? i ask because i cant remember what i put up for sale now,

Associate
Guys, i put something up for sale on the flea market on the 20th, just logged in for the first time since then, and had message saying The item was not sold, Incoming package and in brackets (out of time) does that mean i lost the item that did not sale ? i ask because i cant remember what i put up for sale now,

Yes i think it works the same insurance, you have to claim it back within a set period of time

Soldato
Thanks guys.

This is still something I dont understand.. whats the playing differences between the two?

playing as SCAV is in someways, better than fully loaded. Sometimes you can do a SCAV run, with 10 minutes left on the clock and walk past piles of bodies as you make your way out.

it is not unusual to see two dead bodies facing each other which you can then loot and make a hasty run for the exit. I made 500k rouble on a SCAV run today because one of the dead bodies had a 125k key on it for the resort.

Soldato
Thanks Besty :)

Is there much point in getting any other edition apart from Standard if it's relatively easy to make money to purchase weapons and upgrade the stash?
making money is fairly simple once you get the hang of it - upgrading stash takes ages - buy the standard and you can upgrade later on for the difference.

Soldato

Lol well your name doesnt check out with your actions :D

Associate
Infuriating at times.

IKR? The most annoyingly addictive game I've played in a long time.
Reminds me to hop on the oc discord server to meet up with some peeps.
Edit: well, that's annoying I can't find the discord address after a forum search.
Anyone got it or have an idea on the best way to search for it?

Soldato
IKR? The most annoyingly addictive game I've played in a long time.
Reminds me to hop on the oc discord server to meet up with some peeps.
Edit: well, that's annoying I can't find the discord address after a forum search.
Anyone got it or have an idea on the best way to search for it?

Literally the top pinned thread mate - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-unofficial-discord-channel.18712831/ :D

Jump on, getting a strong following now, rarely a quiet day.

Back
Top Bottom