Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
speaker pelosi is being charged with destroying a state document and other things.

Which was proven on TV.

Good, that was a massive mistake from her in front of 10's of millions of people.

it is a crime to destroy a document of the Presidents - she had it pre-ripped prior to the speech.

Cognitive dissonance is an awful thing but we can work through it together for you.

Sorry to disappoint y'all, but whichever Redditor convinced you that Pelosi is going to jail for that got it somewhat wrong. An attorney's perspective:

But hey - you want to believe that someone can be charged with, and jailed for, tearing up a courtesy copy of a speech you go right on ahead believing that. But just remember - wishing for something to be true doesn't make it so :)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Sorry to disappoint y'all, but whichever Redditor convinced you that Pelosi is going to jail for that got it somewhat wrong. An attorney's perspective:

But hey - you want to believe that someone can be charged with, and jailed for, tearing up a courtesy copy of a speech you go right on ahead believing that. But just remember - wishing for something to be true doesn't make it so :)

JRS your not allowed to debunk their CT, else they will label you and Mr Lehto as extreme Lefties, how dare you contradict their supreme orange leader. Cant wait to see their crazy responses to counter your facts.

That's a quick u turn :D

Soldato
Sorry to disappoint y'all,
Sorry to disapoint you.. She made herself look like a petulant child infront of MILLIONS of VOTERS, you know, because she DID - so to include my quote was wrong!

But hey - you want to believe that someone can be charged with, and jailed for, tearing up a courtesy copy of a speech you go right on ahead believing that.
She made herself look like a petulant child in front of MILLIONS of people, you know, who VOTE..

But just remember - wishing for something to be true doesn't make it so :)
You do know that you-tubers can be wrong too right? I'll wait for the courts to make a final decision over what either any of you, any of redditors?, any of you-tubers say!

My point was She made herself look like a an absolute fool in front of MILLIONS of VOTERS, not just her voters, she'll not run again I feel as the demenitia is setting in, but for the democratic party as a whole!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I liked the bit where he said Pelosi acted like a petulant child ripping up the document. Something president Trump definitely doesn’t do on a daily basis via Twitter... :o

LoL- touché. Cant disagree :D

@hominid you need to slow down, your first quote isnt working. Breath, type Breath slow down. Relax.

Soldato
“The list of inactive voters is composed of people who did not respond to notices sent to them because they had either filed a change of address form with the US Postal Service, had official election mail returned undeliverable, had moved or died or who have not had contact with the election system for three years,” the secretary of state’s office said in an online description of the removal process.

“Although these people failed to respond to that initial notice, they still remained able to vote normally for two additional election cycles equal to four years, but their registration will be canceled if they fail to respond to the notice mailed to them … or had other contact, such as voting, signing a petition or changing the address on their driver’s license.”

So they want to cut down on voter fraud by REMOVING DEAD PEOPLE FROM THE VOTING REGISTER and ensuring people participate in the system over the best part of a decade, this is your outrage? What about in the UK where you face fines of upto £1000 if you dont respond to the electoral register, would you be equally upset if the USA adopted that? OMG THE REPUBLICIANS ARE TAXING THE POOR TO MAKE SURE THEY CANT VOTE!!

GREAT point though, really nice levels of faux outrage over an administrative body wanting to ensure lists remain accurate over the best part of a decade, LOL, what a joke. OMG THEY R REMOVIN R RITES. Hahaha

you mean that non existent voter fraud, that’s the voter fraud they want to crack down on. And it isn’t just GOP that are guilty of it so I’m not making a partisan point.

“State officials have downplayed the mass cancellation, arguing it is routine “list maintenance.” Others say the practice amounts to a large-scale and undemocratic voter purge, which comes just over three months before Georgia’s presidential primaries.

This week, a federal judge allowed the secretary of state’s office to remove about 4 percent of registered voters from the rolls, a move officials said was aimed at those who have recently died or left Georgia. But there were also more than 120,000 people included in that cull simply because they hadn’t voted since 2012 or responded to mailings from the state, according to a lawsuit filed to halt the purge.”

so just 3 months out from presidential primary’s they purge 4% of voters. Some just because they haven’t voted in 2 cycles. Why not do this directly after 2018 midterms? They had the figures then. They could have done it in Dec 2018 and given people over a year to sort out their registry. Voter suppression is an issue. If you can’t see that you’re just being naive.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
@hominid - let's go through that one.

@deuse says:

speaker pelosi is being charged with destroying a state document and other things.

Which was proven on TV.

Asserting that Pelosi is being charged with a crime. Not hoping that she will be, not saying that she should be, but saying that she is actually being charged with an actual crime.

You then replied to him, quoting his post, with:

Good, that was a massive mistake from her in front of 10's of millions of people.

So please feel free to point out how I was at all wrong to quote you agreeing with @deuse's wrong-headed assertion.

By the way, people who are in such a rush to score points on the internet that they confuse a Republican senator for a Democrat one probably shouldn't be throwing around exhortations to get "facts" correct. Just sayin' ;)

Caporegime
The simple fact is though he was elected to build a wall (amongst other things) and the Democrats have done everything they can to obstruct and prevent him from doing everything he promised.

The reason Trump stated that Mexico will pay for it is because the Democrats won't give him the funding but when the majority of the public want a better border protection it's the Democrats who will be punished at the ballot box for his failure because it is their fault, it's all well and good obsessing over a statement of Mexico paying for it but all it highlights to most people is that the Democrats won't give him the money to do WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT. Mexico shouldn't HAVE to pay for it. He has done the best he can under unprecedented hostile circumstances.

The Democrats policies are so unpopular that rather than talk about them they have had to resort to Russia collusion conspiracies and attempted coups (kangaroo impeachment) against him.
Weird. The wall started getting built after the Democrats flipped the House, yet I believe none was built during his first two years when Trump controlled all three branches. And yes the Democrats oppose the wall but have continued to pass over 400 bills on issues the majority of Americans actually care about, as predicted you completely ignore the Republican opposition to it, especially in his early years.
12 Senate Republicans just helped Democrats block Trump’s border wall national emergency.
11 Senate Republicans voted to block Trump’s border wall emergency declaration.
Less than 25% of Republicans in Congress endorse border wall funding in USA TODAY survey.
Where’s Trump’s Wall? Republicans Refused to Pay for It.
Hill Republicans revolt over Trump's plans to build border wall.
As well as public support for the wall...
Averaging national public opinion polls conducted in 2018 reveals that 6 in 10 Americans oppose building a border wall. But just a few years ago, at least that many supported a wall

Tell me, why did you willfully lie in your post?

Soldato
My point was She made herself look like a an absolute fool in front of MILLIONS of VOTERS, not just her voters, she'll not run again I feel as the demenitia is setting in, but for the democratic party as a whole!

Which is something president Trump manages to do on a daily basis... Unless his wifi isn’t working or he’s forgotten his Twitter password. In that case it could be every few days I guess?

Soldato
@hominid - let's go through that one.

Asserting that Pelosi is being charged with a crime. Not hoping that she will be, not saying that she should be, but saying that she is actually being charged with an actual crime.
My point was she made herself look like a fool in front of EVERYONE watching. I did say later that probably nothing would happen as they are slippery - but hey, feel free to carry on trying to score points. I said "Good" because if I was a democratic voter I, as in MYSELF, would want that. She showed a massive disrespect to the whole country!

So please feel free to point out how I was at all wrong to quote you agreeing with @deuse's wrong-headed assertion.
I was agreeing with the SENTIMENT.

By the way, people who are in such a rush to score points on the internet that they confuse a Republican senator for a Democrat one probably shouldn't be throwing around exhortations to get "facts" correct. Just sayin' ;)
At the time that happened was right before the vote happened, and I was bombarded by lots of people trying to take me down. All they, and you found it, got me on was that - even though I admitted that it was it and that it didn't affect the result.

//edit, format got all screwy

Last edited:
Caporegime
You are all going full potato on Pelosi I see. :)
Speaker of the House ripping up his speech > Trump loosening restrictions on land mines. She was disrespectful, attention seeking and wasted perfectly good A4 paper (she probably didn't recycle it which might have broken a regulation Obama brought in but Trump probably removed that also).

Republican selective outrage is the pinnacle of distracting hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom