People you admired but now you don't

Permabanned
^^ Should be a HR lawyer, plenty of cash to be made from a lot of messed up clients.

ON TOPIC: I grew up with action stars like Arnie/Segal/Van Damme etc but as you grew up you no longer look up to them or nowadays nobody celebrity wise anyhow.

Soldato
Well, perhaps we just have different views on what defines homophobia, but we can agree it is ridiculous.
it is certainly ridiculous. however, no matter what way you view it, the original post in question quite simply wasn't homophobic. there's absolutely no grounds to call it so. the poster doesn't believe his coming out is genuine therefore it's attention seeking. there's is absolutely nothing homophobic about that. off the charts daft, yea, but not homophobic - no matter how many times someone claims it to be or indeed wants it to be.

Soldato
it is certainly ridiculous. however, no matter what way you view it, the original post in question quite simply wasn't homophobic. there's absolutely no grounds to call it so. the poster doesn't believe his coming out is genuine therefore it's attention seeking. there's is absolutely nothing homophobic about that. off the charts daft, yea, but not homophobic - no matter how many times someone claims it to be or indeed wants it to be.

Yeah that's fair enough, I still stand by what I said though. But not really worth debating. :)

Soldato
Yeah that's fair enough, I still stand by what I said though. But not really worth debating. :)
you called someone homophobic for no reason. not something i'd want to be 'standing by' but each to their own. maybe don't be as quick to accuse and the 'grimaces' you think you are seeing everywhere when your neighbours physically touch might stop too.

Soldato
you called someone homophobic for no reason. not something i'd want to be 'standing by' but each to their own. maybe don't be as quick to accuse and the 'grimaces' you think you are seeing everywhere when your neighbours physically touch might stop too.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
I think the only people I really admire and have always loved are Groucho Marx and Sir David Attenborough. Neither luckily have done anything or come out as doing anything that has tarnished my opinion.

Sorry to say but for me the shine has come off a little with Sir David Attenborough in the last couple of years when he became a Greta fanboy. I'm putting it down to being so old he's lost his marbles a bit and ignore it.

Soldato
Kevin Bacon, really liked him in Tremors and lots of other old movies but seeing him flogging phones at every opportunity makes me sick of him, regardless of him getting stung on Madeoff's ponzi scheme.

Back
Top Bottom