How comes Banksy never gets caught in the act?

Soldato
Revered artist who’s work is worth millions uses stencils.
Caravaggio must be turning in his grave.
Why?
Many (most?) classical artists like Caravaggio, Rembrandt, etc used apprentices to paint a lot of the work, to varying degrees, with the 'Master' only coming in at the last bit to paint in the highly skilled details. Caravaggio himself was apprenticed to Peterzano... and yet the Master always gets full credit for the whole thing.

Soldato
Yeah Barton Hill is a shocker but so was/is St Pauls where there's loads of bits.

I'm not not buying no one knows who he is. Everyone in Bristol knows at least someone who knows him. That's what they tell me anyway.

Caporegime
Why?
Many (most?) classical artists like Caravaggio, Rembrandt, etc used apprentices to paint a lot of the work, to varying degrees, with the 'Master' only coming in at the last bit to paint in the highly skilled details. Caravaggio himself was apprenticed to Peterzano... and yet the Master always gets full credit for the whole thing.
And ghost producers do pretty much the same for musicians

Soldato
How many graffiti artists actually get caught full stop? Probably not many.

I doubt there is much interest in catching him either, since his work increases property values :p

Soldato
How many graffiti artists actually get caught full stop? Probably not many.

I got naff'd when I was 14 by the parish council, doing it on your own patch in a village wasn't the cleverest though.

There was a piece on the radio a few months ago with a commenter saying that he doesn't even do them himself anymore. How true that is I've no idea.

Selling art that he then shreds :eek:

I assume that he does get commissioned for some of the work he does. Private work perhaps but I'm sure there must be a demand.

Maybe also merchandise but can't be sure if he owns the rights and how it works

Soldato
He must be known to the police, otherwise it makes them look at bit silly that they can't catch a graffiti artist.

I'm sure there are people who know him on the scene. I had a friend years ago who used to do similar things. He would take pictures of all his work.

It won't be just some random unknown guy.

Back
Top Bottom