How comes Banksy never gets caught in the act?

Caporegime
Outrageous, the graffiti has been vandalised with graffiti. :D

Obvs Banksy's is valuable and seen as desirable these days and some random scrawl/writing is very much not - but at one point his stencils, tags and whatever else he started off doing was considered vandalism too...

Permabanned

Anything can be considered art, including the defacement of art. Some of the funniest art I've ever seen was just words and offensive phrases. In Strabane a few years ago someone had sprayed "Xmas is balls. **** Santa. IRA". Was it an eyesore? Yes. Was it hilarious? Absolutely. In years previous, other graffiti had appeared with "JOIN THE IRA" and someone had put L at the start, B after the I and RY on the end of IRA (Library).

Soldato
Taken from wiki.

.In 2008, Nathan Wellard and Maev Neal, a couple from Norfolk, UK, made headlines in Britain when they decided to sell their mobile home that contains a 30-foot mural, entitled Fragile Silence, done by Banksy a decade prior to his rise to fame. According to Nathan Wellard, Banksy had asked the couple if he could use the side of their home as a "large canvas", to which they agreed. In return for the "canvas", the Bristol stencil artist gave them two free tickets to the Glastonbury Festival. The mobile home purchased by the couple 11 years ago for £1,000, is now being sold for £500,000.

This is quite impressive, what a difference that money would make to their lives. I guess without anominity and the hype that surrounds it, prices would not be that high.

Soldato
He probably has a couple of mates who park box vans in front of the item to be painted so passer by don’t spot it. Plod are too busy covering for grooming gangs or chasing people for hurtful words on the internet to catch him.

"Plod" are too busy dealing with more important issues that actually affect people to care about a bit of occasional art that tends to add value to whatever it's been painted on.

Back
Top Bottom