Caroline Flack RIP

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Lots of blame on the media, they've not done anything they haven't done to the majority in her position and her action is a rarity, thankfully.

Troubled people will succumb to most consuming encounters - the lack of immediate help around her (most likely self caused and possibly even warranted), and lack or previous interventional help is why she's no longer here.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are people who struggle with depression, for whom things get too much and they end their lives. It's very sad

Then there are people who project a pleasant and happy persona to the world, whilst controlling, manipulating, perhaps physically attacking, the lives of their supposed loved ones or people who look up to them who, when the mask slips and they are revealed for their true selves, choose to end it rather than face the consequences.

This is very different. And is not sad.

Caporegime
Lots of blame on the media, they've not done anything they haven't done to the majority if her position and her action is a rarity, thankfully.

Exactly... was thinking the same - loads of "OMG the media did this"

Like **** off, if it was a male celebrity who'd beaten up his girlfriend both the media and various blue checkmarks on twitter would be all over him with the criticism(and quite rightly so!) . It was quite right of the media to cover the story and be critical of her over it.

Lots of these celebs are, obviously, massive narcissists - she's allegedly caused all sorts of grief for her neighbours etc... (having lived next door to a celeb in London myself a few years back I know full well that it can be a nightmare at times when they just decide to have a party till 3 or 4 am mid week etc..).

The violent attack itself apparently prompted by some jealousy/misunderstanding over a text message her partner had or something also indicates things weren't exactly right mentally before any medial attention.

Ultimately it's all down to her, not the media or anyone else.

Soldato
Exactly... was thinking the same - loads of "OMG the media did this"

Like **** off, if it was a male celebrity who'd beaten up his girlfriend both the media and various blue checkmarks on twitter would be all over him with the criticism(and quite rightly so!) . It was quite right of the media to cover the story and be critical of her over it.

Lots of these celebs are, obviously, massive narcissists - she's allegedly caused all sorts of grief for her neighbours etc... (having lived next door to a celeb in London myself a few years back I know full well that it can be a nightmare at times when they just decide to have a party till 3 or 4 am mid week etc..).

The violent attack itself apparently prompted by some jealousy/misunderstanding over a text message her partner had or something also indicates things weren't exactly right mentally before any medial attention.

Ultimately it's all down to her, not the media or anyone else.
Google "Gazza" then report back. Thanks.

Caporegime
There are people who struggle with depression, for whom things get too much and they end their lives. It's very sad

Then there are people who project a pleasant and happy persona to the world, whilst controlling, manipulating, perhaps physically attacking, the lives of their supposed loved ones or people who look up to them who, when the mask slips and they are revealed for their true selves, choose to end it rather than face the consequences.

This is very different. And is not sad.

Seems harsh, maybe it was the media harassment and articles they’ve take down that screwed with her head.

There’s questions that need answers from our media, they and social media bullies played a role in this.

You can’t say for sure she killed herself because she was found out.

Permabanned
You can’t say for sure she killed herself because she was found out.

So you also can't say it was the media's fault either. These people crave being in the limelight, going so far as them (or their agents) telling paparazzi where they will be and at what time, to have their pictures taken so they can be in the gossip rags and their name and picture circulated. And Flack has been quite happy to play that game.

This isn't the first boyfriend Flack has allegedly violently assaulted, with one previous boyfriend when learning about her latest charge saying "some things never change" and that he was lucky to make it out of the relationship.

Celebrities use the media as much for their own advantage as the media uses celebrities for their own. It's a symbiotic relationship. What isn't though, is going to court and having to stand up in front of a judge and jury and have the reality of your life and violent actions laid out and reported on and you can do nothing to prevent it except maybe get an injunction. You can't manipulate that and put on a front for the readers benefit.

Associate
Folk like Flack revel in the press and limelight - so when it comes back to bite them in the ass you have to wonder if its all that surprising.
That said this is a bit sad, but we dont know the full story. I dont think her lift went all the way to the top floor to be honest and its a real shame she got as far as she has without support and help.

Associate
Sorry but I’m shamed by some posts in this thread

I’ve never really took much interest in her but I feel really sad at this news.

RIP to her. At least she’s now at peace despite the reasons behind it

V F

V F

Soldato
Folk like Flack revel in the press and limelight - so when it comes back to bite them in the ass you have to wonder if its all that surprising.
That said this is a bit sad, but we dont know the full story. I dont think her lift went all the way to the top floor to be honest and its a real shame she got as far as she has without support and help.

Didn't Flack's career hit high gear after she won Strictly Come Dancing?

Caporegime
Piers Morgan of all people spouting his tributes and sadness at the news.

PIERS ******* MORGAN! The man who thought nothing of faking photos and bugging grieving relatives phones so he could get a good story. Never in my life have I seen such sickening hypocrisy.

Soldato

Why do you feel sad? Did you know her personally? If not you need to get a grip.

Soldato
Watch as those in the public eye, with vested interest in hamstringing the reach of journalism, leap upon this as evidence we need to take action.

Why do you feel sad? Did you know her personally? If not you need to get a grip.
It's legit to feel sad about celebs if you had some investment in their work, though.

You can also feel sadness in empathy toward their loved ones.

Associate
RIP. I'm guessing she'll be front page tomo on the very newspapers that probably had a hand in driving her to do this. Not that any of them will admit it though.

Associate

Seriously?

Of course I didn’t know her personally but I assume you didn’t either. None of us can understand what was going off in her personal life asides what has been said in the media.

She’s made mistakes yes but to resort to suicide it’s just truly tragic I’m sorry to say

Man of Honour

Agreed. When you see some of these comments you can see why so many people commit suicide over them. Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom