Caroline Flack RIP

B&W

B&W

Soldato
So she hits her BF with a lamp, he calls police but wants no charges pressed. Then CPS decide to goto court....

Of course she had her issues but the CPS needs to sort it's priorities out. A further example of how **** the law and justice system is in this country.

Caporegime
So she hits her BF with a lamp, he calls police but wants no charges pressed. Then CPS decide to goto court....

Of course she had her issues but the CPS needs to sort it's priorities out. A further example of how **** the law and justice system is in this country.

You might want to consider why the CPS would still look to prosecute in a domestic violence/abuse case despite the victim of the abuse saying they don't want to press charges, things are good with their partners now etc...

I mean it was serious enough at the time for the police to be called.

Soldato

CPS did the right thing. If she can’t handle the consequences of her actions then that’s not the CPS’s concern. Their concern is the victim.

Permabanned

24. Generally, the more serious the offence, the more likely we are to prosecute, even if the victim says they do not wish us to do so. In cases where there is sufficient other evidence, the prosecutor may decide to proceed without relying on the evidence of the victim at all. If the prosecutor decides that the case should continue and that it is necessary to rely on the victim's evidence to prove the case, the prosecutor must decide whether to proceed with the prosecution by helping the victim to attend court by the use of special measures, or whether the victim should be compelled to give evidence in court.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/victims-and-witnesses-cps-commitments-support

Law and justice worked exactly like it should. Just because shes female, doesn't mean she gets a pass when the perpetrator of domestic abuse. An act so violent she is lucky she wasn't facing a murder or manslaughter charge, instead of just assault. That she offed herself after finding out she was still going to be taken to court because of her violent actions, is not the CPS fault. It was her decision. And had the genders been reversed all the pearl clutchers with their RIPs would have been the ones calling for a man's head on the plate and how execution isn't good enough and how they'd do it themselves to the guy cause they're nails and it would save money on keeping them in prison.

Last edited by a moderator:

B&W

B&W

Soldato
People have not been taken to court for far worse, I have a feeling her status had some inkling in the decision making process to prosecute her.

An act so violent the man didn't even spend a night at the hospital...

B&W

B&W

Soldato
The only "rumor" we know is he was hit with a lamp.

How hard, what kind of lamp, where he was hit is unknown.

So unless you have further information then you can't really say "he was lucky he didn't die"...

Permabanned
Having been stabbed in the face with a broken bottle that opened me up severely (requiring quite a bit of stitching), and cracked on the head with a tree branch (that required a bunch of staples). I think I know a thing or two about being cracked in the head with blunt objects and how close is too close for comfort.

I think you're just salty I pointed out the ******** rhetoric about the death penalty supporting knuckle draggers because you happen to be one.

Man of Honour
Christ this thread is so bad. She was a 40 year old woman with the rest of her life ahead of her.

So she made a mistake(s)? And none of us have?

Have you clubbed your partner in the head while they slept? That's the mistake you're referring to. There are mistakes and there are mistakes.

If you'd argued that she didn't do it, that an unknown assailant did it and somehow nobody noticed or that he attacked her while he was asleep and she was defending herself, you'd have a better point.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Having been stabbed in the face with a broken bottle that opened me up severely (requiring quite a bit of stitching), and cracked on the head with a tree branch (that required a bunch of staples). I think I know a thing or two about being cracked in the head with blunt objects and how close is too close for comfort.

I think you're just salty I pointed out the ******** rhetoric about the death penalty supporting knuckle draggers because you happen to be one.

Cracking your head on branches doesn't make you an expert on this case or its specifics.

Salty? not in the slightest. I will always support death penalty for those who deserve it.

At the same time, those that should not be in prison I will defend too.

Caporegime
Wow ok this thread has blown up a bit since I last posted in here.

I don’t and didn’t care much for her and the fact that she battered her bf at the time in the head with a lamp/vase shouldn’t mean she should get away with it scott free. I don’t quite understand why her bf at the time didn’t want to press charges?? I mean does that mean he was ok with her losing her **** and battering him?? What about the next time she lost it, she could kill him??
I mean RIP to her but her taking her life was a cowardly act, in that she now won’t have to face any justice for her domestic abuse.

I read somewhere that she’s done this a few times before but managed to escape any punishment. Any truth in that??

B&W

B&W

Soldato
If you don't show mercy to others, no one will show it to you.

I have said this sentence a lot recently. Society is getting way too cruel, judgemental these days.

Gone are the values that make us decent, conscientious and caring of others.

TJM

TJM

Associate
People have not been taken to court for far worse, I have a feeling her status had some inkling in the decision making process to prosecute her.
The police and CPS pursue domestic violence cases when they can because (a) the complainant needs to be protected, as physical abuse almost never happens just once and (b) they will be blamed if the alleged abuser goes home after the case is dropped and murders their partner.

If the media reporting from the time of the incident is accurate - a 999 call saying 'She's trying to kill me' and photos of bed sheets covered in blood - then I'd have been stunned by a decision not to charge.

Caporegime
Wow ok this thread has blown up a bit since I last posted in here.

I don’t and didn’t care much for her and the fact that she battered her bf at the time in the head with a lamp/vase shouldn’t mean she should get away with it scott free. I don’t quite understand why her bf at the time didn’t want to press charges?? I mean does that mean he was ok with her losing her **** and battering him?? What about the next time she lost it, she could kill him??
I mean RIP to her but her taking her life was a cowardly act, in that she now won’t have to face any justice for her domestic abuse.

I read somewhere that she’s done this a few times before but managed to escape any punishment. Any truth in that??

Agree with this whole heartedly. If it was a man it would have been different. She took her own life because she didn't want to face the music of either a) being found guilty of her actions and b) having to live a normal life afterwards.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
She only tapped him :o

upload

I bet she still blamed him in the end, it's hard for narcissists to accept responsibility for their negative actions and easier to push blame.

Poor girl simply needed the right help a long time back. Police need to be more aware of signs of ill mental health as I would guess there was a high probability of visual instability and inability to cope with the situation at hand, the resulting pressures appear to have been the tipping point.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Agree with this whole heartedly. If it was a man it would have been different. She took her own life because she didn't want to face the music of either a) being found guilty of her actions and b) having to live a normal life afterwards.
No, I would have thought she ended her life due to the overwhelming anxiety, depression and feelings of everyone being better off without them existing.

Caporegime
RIP.

I guess she had a conscious about her attempted murder of the boyfriend and that ruining her career after the trial.
Being hauled through the fantastic British press obviously helped her mental state no end.

Back
Top Bottom