Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem- New ARPG

Soldato
Seems like there is quite a bit of variation here then. Since the server issues at the weekend it's been ok, played for a couple hours last night with no crashes or major bugs that I noticed - just a nuisance of losing all sound during a boss fight. Really hope the devs get it sorted as it seems a solid basis for a game right now!

Soldato
Completed this tonight. Well when I say completed, I mean I have completed the three acts. Last boss took a few attempts but it was just me getting used to the fight really. Up until this boss I was mowing everything down with ease, but then I had some trouble staying alive with the boss.

Not had any further bugs with this game since I last posted if that helps anyone decide to buy or not.

What I am struggling with is wanting to continue playing the end game. I will give it some time tomorrow maybe, but really not drawn to it. Will see how it goes.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Best combat of any arpg on the market.
Endgame is well worth playing too and will only get better with time.

not made it there yet but is funny how many people are having hissy fits over the state of it, im sorry who remembers the mess of diablo 3 when it launched. we had a few weeks of server issues. and then the whole real money auction house. for a none AAA published game of this scale its not that bad yes it has rough edges but give it a week or two and who knows how this will be, least of all what the monthly stuff will be once it starts up.

Soldato
I managed, somehow, to get a couple of hours 'stable' to play this last night out of the blue. Tried today, after a 2+GB patch, and it's still the same, can't complete a zone because of random crashes - I've tried to clear the same zone 4 times and crashes near the end each time, my patients only last soo long.

I get about 8-10 minutes between crashes, unlike before when it was every 2-3 minutes max, so it is better - but this game should not have been released in this state, period!

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I managed, somehow, to get a couple of hours 'stable' to play this last night out of the blue. Tried today, after a 2+GB patch, and it's still the same, can't complete a zone because of random crashes - I've tried to clear the same zone 4 times and crashes near the end each time, my patients only last soo long.

I get about 8-10 minutes between crashes, unlike before when it was every 2-3 minutes max, so it is better - but this game should not have been released in this state, period!

have you tried a full reinstall ? as this seems very specific to you.

Soldato
So I played this most of yesterday pre patch, which seems to address quite a few issues. I didn't have one server issue, no disconnects and the ping remained low. I did encounter two or three bugs only one of which was game breaking, however a relog fixed it. It's a decent game so far and has many plus points. My biggest issue is the lack of character in some of the design, mainly around icons, gear, cutscences etc. It feels rushed and a little cheap. The character creation screen is one of the worst I've ever seen compared to rivals. Diablo 3 is way ahead on this point. Global chat like in poe would be a nice feature as well and better multiplayer support. I agree it's been released too early.

Soldato
have you tried a full reinstall ? as this seems very specific to you.
I've forced it to recheck the files twice so far, I've not reinstalled though. If it was one type of crash then I would look into it more, but it's doing random things, even idling in town, opening the bank chest, clicking portals even just running around and the window closes with no warning - that one doesn't give a bug report window.

I'm not going to waste my time looking into it more, I've asked for a refund(first time ever) but as I have more than 2 hours I think it's at steams whim. If I don't get one I'll leave it for a month or three to work out the bugs. It does seem to be a lot better in offline mode, I had one crash in 7 levels so a vast improvement over online play.

I still want to play it but I just don't want to end up hating the game for a bad first impression. I'm not sure why I'm getting all these issues, I do have a Vega64 which is perfectly stable in everything else I play, it may be that they only have tested on Nvidia, which isn't unheard of these days - no idea and to be honest it shouldn't be my problem.

Thanks for the help though!

Soldato
Finished story mode last night and moved into the 'endgame' rifts. Still after bits to make my build more viable and running a rift with the treasure map added seems to be best bet for legendary items.

Cleared 1 rift last night and it crashed all 3 of us to desktop with their new error report system popping up. It still has issues and bugs but I'm still finding it enjoyable to play.

Soldato
I am about to hit level 50 and I am playing it on and off. Sometimes I really am enjoying it but other times I am just frustrated with it also. It annoys me that I keep needing to wiggle my mouse when comparing items as the comparison does not always show up. Also I really want to know what aliments and/or buffs are on me and enemies.

I have a very tanky build and I rarely even worry about dying, but it is also very slow to move around so sometimes the maps feel really slow to progress through. I have also found it to be really clunky every now and then where I go to use an ability but it just doesnt pop - even if I have enough resource to do it.

However, I have not had a single crash to desktop in the 36 hours I have put into it which I guess is a bonus!

Soldato
I am about to hit level 50 and I am playing it on and off. Sometimes I really am enjoying it but other times I am just frustrated with it also. It annoys me that I keep needing to wiggle my mouse when comparing items as the comparison does not always show up. Also I really want to know what aliments and/or buffs are on me and enemies.

I have a very tanky build and I rarely even worry about dying, but it is also very slow to move around so sometimes the maps feel really slow to progress through. I have also found it to be really clunky every now and then where I go to use an ability but it just doesnt pop - even if I have enough resource to do it.

However, I have not had a single crash to desktop in the 36 hours I have put into it which I guess is a bonus!

The clunky feeling is due to not being able to interrupt abilities once triggered. The animation has to finish.

Soldato
@hominid

What cpu and ram?

Thanks for the offer, I managed to play for about 2 1/2 hours earlier on tonight without a single crash. I have changed nothing at all, although there was a tiny patch, but it seems it was a lot better than any other time I tried to play. I hope it continues, I know my computer is stable(AMD 1700/32GB RAM) but this game was crashing in so many different ways it was very odd. I did re-check the files again, although I didn't notice any errors, but it has been fine today.

Associate
Quin has a quite in-depth (50 minute) review of this on Youtube, makes for some interesting watching.

I'm still enjoying the game but it is still interesting to hear the viewpoint of someone who has basically took it as far as it can go.

Soldato
I'm about 40-45 hours in and loving it. I've had to change my builds for some of the boss fights as they were proving really tough.

I can understand they had to release the game to generate more coin to keep the studio going, they went from a few mates to 40+ over the years which is a ton of wages.

My only gripe is the number of people who cheated - gold and duping - if they had to wipe I'd have no probs with it although the majority I think would be against it.

Back
Top Bottom