AW3418DW best bang for buck uw?

Caporegime
For all those who have just received theirs. They all have IPS glow at the bottom left. Every single one. Every picture I’ve seen on Reddit has it, mine has it, yours will likely have it too. How bad it is will vary but mind is pretty good and doesn’t cause any problems in games with dark scenes or movies with black borders.

Associate
Sooo I just got sent a picture of the monitor awaiting my arrival back home.

The picture on the back of the box is the new monitor the AW3420DW.....

And it has that as the model number

Associate
Sooo I just got sent a picture of the monitor awaiting my arrival back home.

The picture on the back of the box is the new monitor the AW3420DW.....

And it has that as the model number

I've just got home and I've had the same, walk in see the box and immediately notice the aw3420dw model number.

My heart sinks, and I think noooooooo. Open up the box thinking it's a return and they have just put it in a new box.

Nope, it's a brand new aw3420dw, perfectly wrapped etc.

Happy days!!!!!

Associate
So now I can giddily await the monitor with hope of it being the one I wanted but couldnt justify the price of.

for those that got the dw20, can you recall any of the tracking details, mines says a merged item was picked in Tilberg and departed manufacture EMF both on 21/01.

Associate
So now I can giddily await the monitor with hope of it being the one I wanted but couldnt justify the price of.

for those that got the dw20, can you recall any of the tracking details, mines says a merged item was picked in Tilberg and departed manufacture EMF both on 21/01.

Mine says this too, but I haven't received it yet. ETA of tomorrow

I'm hopeful we've all got the same batch :) The AW3418DW is good value at ~£609 but I'll be disappointed now if it's not a 20 model :D

Edit: on my invoice I can see a service tag that if I put into here (https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1?app=products) is shows an 18 model... I'm less hopeful now.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine says this too, but I haven't received it yet. ETA of tomorrow

I'm hopeful we've all got the same batch :) The AW3418DW is good value at ~£609 but I'll be disappointed now if it's not a 20 model :D

Edit: on my invoice I can see a service tag that if I put into here (https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1?app=products) is shows an 18 model... I'm less hopeful now.

Well you still may be in luck. I've just looked at my invoice and found the service tag and entered it into the link. It shows mine as an 18 model. But I've had the 20 delivered.

Associate

Mine tracked from tamworth, and originally showed up from on 21/02 and then landed in stoke depot 5am this morning for delivery today

Associate
Well you still may be in luck. I've just looked at my invoice and found the service tag and entered it into the link. It shows mine as an 18 model. But I've had the 20 delivered.

Cool, thanks, reason for optimism :)

Out of interest for those that had a 20 model if we ever need to send our monitors back to Dell would they be within their rights to replace it with an 18 model?

Associate
Cool, thanks, reason for optimism :)

Out of interest for those that had a 20 model if we ever need to send our monitors back to Dell would they be within their rights to replace it with an 18 model?

Technically I suppose yes, but I would assume that we got 20 models as the 18 is End of Life and they had no stock, so sent 20s to honour some of the orders before a certain cut off they decided on. Hence some reports of orders being cancelled as they had no stock.

They wont make anymore 18 models, so it's a pretty safe bet you would get a 20 again, or newer if they had none of them either in the future, and within the 3 year warranty.

Very good of dell really to send us 20 models, rather than cancelling the order.

Associate
well it seems my excitement was short lived, Monitor appears to be DOA. No power, display, lights or anything, When I plug the upstream USB in, just get usb connected and disconnected sounds.

Off the phone with dell support, No idea whats going on, First the guy said he would request a replacement and this would take 2 business days for approval then later said check my email in 3-5 days as I have to reply to the email for the replacement monitor. The guy didnt really fill me with confidence in dells reputed customer service and the idea of waiting another week after already having a week delay isnt fun.

anyone any experience with dell support recommended the best contact?

Last edited:
Associate
well it seems my excitement was short lived, Monitor appears to be DOA. No power, display, lights or anything, When I plug the upstream USB in, just get usb connected and disconnected sounds.

Off the phone with dell support, No idea whats going on, First the guy said he would request a replacement and this would take 2 business days for approval then later said check my email in 3-5 days as I have to reply to the email for the replacement monitor. The guy didnt really fill me with confidence in dells reputed customer service and the idea of waiting another week after already having a week delay isnt fun.

anyone any experience with dell support recommended the best contact?

Hoping you still get a AW3420DW, did you mention this?

Back
Top Bottom