BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
**** poor service from Dicklovett BMW Bristol so far. Am I being dumb, what kind of nonsense excuse is “we have run out of courtesy cars” when Sytner would bend over backwards to get me in a 24 hour test drive whilst mines in.

Then they arrange something via enterprise for me because of all the work they are now getting warranty wise..... and it’s not turned up.

Exact same at BMW Bath. Terrible service.

Man of Honour
Yea I steered my Dad into one last year after renting one in Germany and being very impressed. They are brilliant cars, very practical, more load space than a 5 Touring and high spec as standard. Cheap too as people hate how they look so they cost less used than a 5 series.

Unless you buy that exact one, no it will not be similar spec to that!!! That is an exceptionally high spec car with a number of ultra rare factory options fitted to it - Driver Assistant Plus and Nappa leather for example are few and far between, particularly Driver Assistant Plus.

If thats the spec you want buy that one because there won't be another like it any time soon. The standard spec is very good - but not as good as that!!!

Associate
Man of Honour
Pan roof, Pro nav and 19 inch wheels are standard fit on the M Sport.

It is a MUCH better car than that X6 - the X6 is a previous generation F Series car, the 6GT is a current generation G Series car.

Associate
Pan roof, Pro nav and 19 inch wheels are standard fit on the M Sport.

It is a MUCH better car than that X6 - the X6 is a previous generation F Series car, the 6GT is a current generation G Series car.

Sorry fox, any idea on the petrol engines? They've had diesels for the past 15 years or so but that's down to the types of cars they've had. My dad works away at the moment so they probably only do about 8k a year. Wouldn't have problems with the DPF etc on a diesel doing that sort of mileage? Id be insured on it anyway so could give it a good blast once a week when I visit.

Soldato
I’ve found that BMW are weird when it comes to courtesy cars, and they never have enough.

Well Enterprise got me in a car eventually... but didn’t have any BMW premium products so I have a Mini Cooper estate thing for a few days until they can replace it. It’s terrible and makes me realise what a car snob I have become, because lots of people are saying how nice it is.

Man of Honour
The current Mini is a great car. Not sure what you think makes it so terrible, it obviously won't be as fast as your car but interior fit and finish is at least as good as the E89.

Remember, it's a small town car and should be judged in that context.

Soldato
The current Mini is a great car. Not sure what you think makes it so terrible, it obviously won't be as fast as your car but interior fit and finish is at least as good as the E89.

Remember, it's a small town car and should be judged in that context.

Maybe it’s because it was the estate version in terms of feel? My partner still has a cooper S and that’s fun for what it is, but this Cooper was horrendously slow, lardy and echoey and rattled inside.

The infotainment system felt like it was fisher price level.

I’m a genuinely sporty kind of guy, I don’t normally notice or care about these things, this Cooper estate was bad enough that I didn’t like it.

Man of Honour
Maybe it’s because it was the estate version in terms of feel? My partner still has a cooper S and that’s fun for what it is, but this Cooper was horrendously slow, lardy and echoey and rattled inside.

Horrendously slow? It does 0-60 in about 8 seconds which for a normal non-sport model car really is quite quick! Sure its horrendously slow compared to a Z4 35iS but this feels fairly irrelevant.

The infotainment system felt like it was fisher price level.

The infotainment system is the same BMW system in the rest of the range but with more 'fun' graphics. This is the Mini brand.

I’m a genuinely sporty kind of guy, I don’t normally notice or care about these things, this Cooper estate was bad enough that I didn’t like it.

Perhaps drive a Ford Focus 1.6 Estate and compare it against that instead of whatever is you've compared it against to decide that its crap.

it's not a 'genuinely sporty' car, it's a small funky compact estate car.

Your comments appear to be like me renting a Ford Transit Connect and complaining that the door bins are not carpeted.

Associate
Yea I steered my Dad into one last year after renting one in Germany and being very impressed. They are brilliant cars, very practical, more load space than a 5 Touring and high spec as standard. Cheap too as people hate how they look so they cost less used than a 5 series.

Unless you buy that exact one, no it will not be similar spec to that!!! That is an exceptionally high spec car with a number of ultra rare factory options fitted to it - Driver Assistant Plus and Nappa leather for example are few and far between, particularly Driver Assistant Plus.

If thats the spec you want buy that one because there won't be another like it any time soon. The standard spec is very good - but not as good as that!!!

Just an update. I tried but they thought the 6 series GT was too long so they bought this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002056993261

Soldato
Perhaps drive a Ford Focus 1.6 Estate and compare it against that instead of whatever is you've compared it against to decide that its crap.

it's not a 'genuinely sporty' car, it's a small funky compact estate car.

Your comments appear to be like me renting a Ford Transit Connect and complaining that the door bins are not carpeted.

You aren’t wrong

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My i3 key fob was "discharged" so I replaced the battery. Now it doesn't work. Awesome. Will try to pair it with the car and see if that works.

This means that I have to use the other key, which has completely different settings to EVERYTHING.
I get maybe different Climate settings, but changing EVERYTHING in the iDrive? F.O.
Will I lose everything on the old key if I pair it again? Is there anyway to recover that profile data so I don't need to re-do everything?

Back
Top Bottom