1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, Apr 12, 2012.

1. jamoor

Sgarrista

You wont even get quoted range.
    Think 160 for the SR and 250 for the LR

Another alternative is that the Model 3 is actually a good place to spend time, when charging, put the heater on relax and watch a movie. The sound experience makes it like a cinema.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

This is a joke right?

3. AiiR

Mobster

Think I'd rather spend the time getting to my destination than watching films. :p

4. jamoor

Sgarrista

Of course not, don't knock it until you've tried it.

I'm curious to know if you've ever even driven a model 3.

5. Simon

Capodecina

No need for a lounge then when you have a model 3?

I can do the same with my iPad resting on my dash

6. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I can sit in my 5 series and watch a wide-screen movie with Logic 7 Surround Sound.

But I don't, as watching TV in the car seems like something that might have been fun aged 19 in McDonald's carpark.

7. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Don’t be silly millennial, no TV in it. It’s all about Netflix and Elon chill.

honda E with the HDMI input for a SNES sounds more fun. :p

8. jamoor

Sgarrista

indeed with the engine running and a tiny screen

9. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It works with the engine off. Very clever.

But the TV in my lounge is better.

10. jamoor

Sgarrista

how Will you stay warm/cool then?

as I said it’s better to use your lounge much like it’s better to browse the internet on a pc but sometimes it’s good in a circumstance

11. IAmATeaf

Soldato

When I need to get somewhere or back the last thing I want to do is park up for an hour and watch movie in all honesty. :D

12. Jez

Caporegime

Isn’t his whole point that if you got caught short and we’re charging up at a supercharger, it has a nice bonus of having a good movie screen and of course being an EV on charge can stay warm while parked?

I don’t think he is suggesting that you sit in your car at home and watch a film....

13. jamoor

Sgarrista

exactly the car has been designed around people may be sitting in there for reasons other than transporting themselves hence why the sound system is much better than most others I’ve used apart from ones fitted to an xj and panamera.

there’s also some games that you can play.

sometimes you may be waiting in the car for a ferry for example or crossing the Chunnel so I just watched some Netflix on there too:

14. M1k3H

Wise Guy

Okay, so the selling point is:

Compromise on the car, so that you can compromise on other activities as well.

Where do I sign?

15. jamoor

Sgarrista

Selling point for me was its cheaper, faster, waaay better tech and better refuelling options (I hate petrol stations with a passionm charging at home and work is a godsend) and much lower running costs.

The others are fringe benefits.

It seems to be very hard to convince some people out of the petrol car owning mindset, funny thing is I have experience of both types of cars I'm willing to best most people arguing against an EV have never owned onw.

16. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Because there are no decent EVs to buy yet. Once there are, I'd love one. But I am not going to give up the benefits of a decent car just because EV.

17. jamoor

Sgarrista

Just because you dont like them doesn't mean they aren't decent.

18. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Edit: never mind

19. Journey

Soldato

Most people haven't, and won't until they are forced to. There is little point in trying to win an argument with a someone holding their fingers in their ears shouting la-la-la-la. If it doesn't have a BMW badge on it, and have buttons, knobs (not just the one in the drivers seat) and switches everywhere and make a stupid loud noise then it's no good. Not to mention you must be able to add and configure it in alt least 400 different ways, with a tech pack, sound pack, seat pack, sunroof pack, dog pack, lights pack, ambience pack, convenience pack, and who know how many other random crap things they offer.

He'll never answer or test drive one, it's easier just to bash something you have no experience of than use first hand evidence.

20. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Of course I'll answer, I've not driven a Model 3 and my only experience of Tesla is the Model S.

How many Tesla drivers pick them for reasons other than hilarious BIK?

This is, after all, the BMW thread so you can't be surprised to receive quite different views if you pop in to go on about Tesla is it? Shock as people in BMW thread prefer what BMW has to offer. For me a car is about the whole package, it's not enough to just have a great drivetrain. The rest of the fundamentals must be right too.