BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
link https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/2-8-march-2020/bmw-new-logo/
The previous logo’s black ring has been replaced with a transparent one, which aims to “radiate more openness and clarity”, Thiemer says.

“We want to use this new transparent version to invite our customers, more than ever, to become part of the world of BMW,” he adds.

The company is seemingly hoping to expand the “world of BMW”. Thiemer says that the new brand design is “geared to the challenges and opportunities of digitalisation for brands”.

The transparent, two-dimensional has more “graphic flexibility” than the previous logo (which was designed in 1997). That is important when considering “touch points in communication” both “online and offline”.

A transparent logo is certainly more applicable across digital applications. It is also in keeping with another German car company, Volkswagen (VW), who last year revealed a two-dimensional design in preparation for an “electric future”. VW’s new badge means it can be illuminated on the front of vehicles and at showrooms.

.... And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom. (good movie)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Along with the new style grills on top I guess they've taken that step into the future...

...whilst reading comic books??

It is quite a big new look. It's a shame it's happened at a time when the brand has been spread so thin with base-spec fillers and a minority of multi-versioned showpieces. I would wager this would be a welcomed change if the exclusivity was still there.

Soldato
Hard to describe one here...I'll try anyway

When my 330d is cold it seems fine under normal driving until I have to accelerate a bit, say overtaking a cyclist or pulling out from a roundabout quickly, the revs go higher than normal like it isn't going to change gear and then I get a massive drop in power which almost brings the car to a stop. The odd thing is that this doesn't happen every morning, or even on colder mornings/days, it is a bit random or maybe I just haven't figured out the trigger yet.

I understand if that doesn't make sense.

I renewed the warranty so still have some left, I'd take it to the dealer but by the time I got there the problem would be gone as the car would be warm, maybe if they kept it but I bet it wouldn't do it as it isn't every day or in the same place.

330d xdrive m sport 2016 if that helps anyone.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What are you doing? Just take it to the dealer under the warranty you paid for and use their courtesy car until they give it back to you fixed.

Soldato
When my 330d is cold it seems fine under normal driving until I have to accelerate a bit, say overtaking a cyclist or pulling out from a roundabout quickly, the revs go higher than normal like it isn't going to change gear and then I get a massive drop in power which almost brings the car to a stop. The odd thing is that this doesn't happen every morning, or even on colder mornings/days, it is a bit random or maybe I just haven't figured out the trigger yet.
Just take it to the dealer under the warranty

if it is something like a dirty MAF sensor, is that covered (about to order some cleaner for an older bm petrol)

Soldato
I have a Right Side Dipped Beam failure currently.

This clears when the ignition is turned off. Shortly after turning on the bulb illuminates then about 20 seconds or so later, it reoccurs and the bulb shuts off and the check control error reappears.

I can hear a high pitched beeping sound and then a click from headlight area before it shuts off, so perhaps the module has failed or needs looking at. Sounds like a typical hardware error that you might get from a computer.

Anyone here experienced similar?

E92 with Adaptive Lighting. Probably a costly extended warranty claim...

Man of Honour
Hi guys ,

Now that the wife has a large car I'm going my S6 Avant and get a hatchback.

I was originally going for an M135i however there's something about the previous gen 130i in manual that makes me want one!

Any thoughts!?

Thanks,
Mal

Soldato
Picked the M3 up yesterday from Redish, had the Rod Bearings done, along with Engine Mounts, Brake Fliud Change and they diagnosed my brake vibration to a N/S/R caliper, when it gets heat in it starts to bind, but spins free enough on the ramp! So had two rear calipers fitted as well :)

Associate
Hey all, had my 335i M Sport Highline for nearly 3 years now. Love it. Its a late 09 model n54 with the DCT gearbox, and the much better CIC I drive. Running full bolt on mods, with a custom tune through MHD. 455bhp and 500lbs/ft. Love it to bits.

Bought it on 52k, its now on 69k. Never let me down. Still running original Index 6 injectors. Been tuned since October 17. N54 gets a bad rep for reliable but ive not found that. All ive had to change is plugs and coils, that's it. Does 1/4 mile in 12.0 at 118mph ;)

88325806_10157898384959178_3344665731189964800_o.jpg

88442113_10157898372834178_1327186671610888192_o.jpg

Soldato
if it is something like a dirty MAF sensor, is that covered (about to order some cleaner for an older bm petrol)

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom on an e90 petrol hot start problem, I don't seem to have any engine codes, likely suspects are
- Dirty/failing Maf
- cam or crankshaft sensor
- intake air temperature sensor. (in crankcase)

what would you put your money on. ?
... I may have to turn the engine over for 15-20s when it is hot to restart it, other than that, no problems with cold start, hesitation, power delivery.

Soldato
OP
Who wants a laugh?

I took my X5 into Sytner Sunningdale 3 weeks ago for a brake fluid service and also because I'd reported a knocking noise coming from the front offside. 3 weeks later and every single component of the front suspension changed as well as the steering rack and it turns out the noise was coming from a loose brake pad. The components excluding labour were in excess of £3000. Since collecting it there is a horrible springy metallic metal on metal noise coming from the front so it's going back.
To be fair to the service team they have been very communicative!

Last edited:
Soldato
Who wants a laugh?

I took my X5 into Sytner Sunningdale 3 weeks ago for a brake fluid service and also because I'd reported a knocking noise coming from the front offside. 3 weeks later and every single component of the front suspension changed as well as the steering rack and it turns out the noise was coming from a loose brake pad. The components excluding service were in excess of £3000. Since collecting it there is a horrible springy metallic metal on metal noise coming from the front so it's going back.
To be fair to the service team they have been very communicative!
I assume thats under warranty?

Soldato
Now that the wife has a large car I'm going my S6 Avant and get a hatchback.

I was originally going for an M135i however there's something about the previous gen 130i in manual that makes me want one!
I've a 130i of you have any specific questions? I bought it as I wanted to experience BMW's NA 6 cylinder engine whilst I still could.

Back
Top Bottom