Disney +

Soldato
I believe the App is capable of UHD but I'm not 100% sure. Of course it would need to be on a UHD capable device like a newer 1TB Q box or an older 2TB, with the UHD subscription.

I have the older 2tb box with a 4k tv and it defaults to HD. My Qbox has output set to 2160p 10bit. I guess it could be throttled due to the current bandwidth rules.

Soldato
I can't see skyQ showing high quality Disney+ when the sky movies top quality is 3gb a movie.

I would just stick to watching it on your tv apps where ever possible.

I have installed the skyQ app for disney but that will just be for the mini boxes. I will stick to the tv app for my main screen.

It's the same for Netflix on sky Q, it's handy having it on the miniboxs but best watching it on the tv app for your 4k stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't see skyQ showing high quality Disney+ when the sky movies top quality is 3gb a movie.

I would just stick to watching it on your tv apps where ever possible.

I have installed the skyQ app for disney but that will just be for the mini boxes. I will stick to the tv app for my main screen.

It's the same for Netflix on sky Q, it's handy having it on the miniboxs but best watching it on the tv app for your 4k stuff.

Netflix on skyq is 4k
Disney+ on skyq is 2k

Also I had to sign in individually on each minibox after having signed in on the main 2TB box. I'm sure with Netflix I signed in on the 2TV box only.

I will be using it on the tv apps I'm simply posting this for reference.

Soldato
Started a rewatch, in chronological order, of all the Marvel films with my son. :p

Just one a day, captain America done, 22 to go.

I plan on doing this over this lockdown period too! I am knee deep with the 4k blurays though. Have most of them. Just have to wait until March 30th for the final individual releases (ant man and guardians of the galaxy).

Caporegime
Had it confirmed that the Sky Q app is UHD capable assuming you have the right subs and equipment, but they’ve withdrawn a lot of the UHD content due to the current bandwidth reduction.

Soldato
Had a very brief look on Mandalorian, Toy Story 4 and a pirates of Caribbean film and things are still 4k DV (although softer than disc) and dolby digital plus rather than atmos. Can't tell if they reduced bitrate further though.

Soldato
Had it confirmed that the Sky Q app is UHD capable assuming you have the right subs and equipment, but they’ve withdrawn a lot of the UHD content due to the current bandwidth reduction.
That's not what the Disney+ website says.

Says that currently the Sky Q app is HD only and 4k will be coming later. It also states that the app menus on Q are only 720p right now.

Caporegime
That's not what the Disney+ website says.

Says that currently the Sky Q app is HD only and 4k will be coming later. It also states that the app menus on Q are only 720p right now.
That's what I was told, although 'UHD coming later' as I was advised may mean that while it is capable it's not active yet. And before anyone jumps on Sky this was a Disney decision. Sky can't even sell Disney+ at the moment.

Soldato
That's what I was told, although 'UHD coming later' as I was advised may mean that while it is capable it's not active yet. And before anyone jumps on Sky this was a Disney decision. Sky can't even sell Disney+ at the moment.
That's also coming later. It's all mentioned in the help section on Disney+ website.

Back
Top Bottom