Disney +

Caporegime
Probably a bad time to sign up for the free trial if you're wanting Atmos sound.

If the stream is dark with Dolby Vision you may need to adjust your TV settings, it's a regularly complaint with DV vs HDR10.

Edit: Just checked and definitely no Atmos, checked a number of titles that have it labelled. It seems it was working earlier this morning but they've likely restricted bandwidth a bit more due to the demand.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys they have now added it to my 2018 samsung q8dn :)

Also HDR is working :)

I have been HDR gaming non stop for 9 month but this is first time with HDR movies. Im very excited.

The qaulity is like 100x better than same movie on sky q

Soldato
Probably a bad time to sign up for the free trial if you're wanting Atmos sound.

If the stream is dark with Dolby Vision you may need to adjust your TV settings, it's a regularly complaint with DV vs HDR10.

Edit: Just checked and definitely no Atmos, checked a number of titles that have it labelled. It seems it was working earlier this morning but they've likely restricted bandwidth a bit more due to the demand.

Yes Atmos is not available currently I believe due the bandwidth throttling, it says it on the Disney + site under FAQs I think.

Soldato
As much as I am not particularly for them gimping the bitrate and despite the comparison I'm seeing Vs disks looking softer it still looks good. Still doing DV and HDR10, sadly no Atmos even on the titles stated, but still sounds good. Will likely watch more of the stuff I don't care much about or can't obtain 4k discs (rogue one, pirates of Carribbean etc). Hopefully they don't gimp further.

Soldato
This is straight from the Disney plus site

Please note that any account transition from DisneyLife to Disney+ is not automated. DisneyLife subscribers will have to sign up for a Disney+ subscription. When Disney+ goes live on 24 March 2020, you can download the Disney+ app on your favourite devices, create a new account to log in and stream the stories you love as well as new originals, all in one place.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=7fc568911bcfc8d4b8651f861a4bcbb1
So as I said yesterday, they have updated the DisneyLife app with Disney+, I’ve just opened the DisneyLife app on my Samsung tv and it booted up into Disney+.

Soldato
So as I said yesterday, they have updated the DisneyLife app with Disney+, I’ve just opened the DisneyLife app on my Samsung tv and it booted up into Disney+.
Which must have been done by Samsung. Showed on my Samsung TV as Disney+. Still 2 seperate apps in the play store and iOS and trying to log in with Disney+ credentials doesn't work. Your info about them being the same app was wrong.

Soldato
Yeah the quality is trash on the skyQ app version.

I have been very impressed with the samsung tv app though. I watched guardians of the galaxy 1 and enjoyed it very much. Great sound, great picture.

Soldato
installed on our philips oled this morning working fine looks lovely.

overall very happy decent selection as well

when do we get the simpsons?

Back
Top Bottom