Resident Evil 3 Remake

Soldato
Mr. X is on you for like 3-5mins on Leon A if you optimise your route and even shorter on Claire A. I've gone through both standard and HC, he always triggers at the same moment, the only difference is his movement speed. You don't have to engage in combat with him at all.

Seriously, Nemesis looks like much more of a PITA with his spiderman jumps, grabs and all that stuff.

My last run on standard for the handgun was around 2h and I dealt with him for 3 mins tops.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mr. X is on you for like 3-5mins on Leon A if you optimise your route and even shorter on Claire A. I've gone through both standard and HC, he always triggers at the same moment, the only difference is his movement speed. You don't have to engage in combat with him at all.

Seriously, Nemesis looks like much more of a PITA with his spiderman jumps, grabs and all that stuff.

My last run on standard for the handgun was around 2h and I dealt with him for 3 mins tops.
Glad I am not the only one. People make him out to be a big deal, he is not. Nemesis no doubt will be :)

Soldato
Glad I am not the only one. People make him out to be a big deal, he is not. Nemesis no doubt will be :)

Yeah, I haven't played the demo yet but he looks like a right ******* to deal with, thank god for dodging:p Mr. X is a complete non-issue in comparison, he can't even run.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Based on the demo I think this will likely be my new ranking :D

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3 Remake
5- Resident Evil 3
6- Resident Evil 2 Remake
7- Resident Evil 0
8- Resident Evil 4
9- Resident Evil 7
10- Resident Evil 5
11- Resident Evil: Revelations
12- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
13- Resident Evil 6

Let's see if I am right. It could be higher, but unlikely as they probably have not added much to the original by the sounds of it.

Might play Resident Evil 7 again one more time before that and see if it does not claw it's place back above RE4 which is where it used to be. The only thing letting that down is the forgettable characters and the last third of the game which was poor. Otherwise it would be a few places higher potentially.

Hopefully they can now see what makes a Resident Evil game and get it right for RE8. Saying that I wonder how far along that is in it's dev cycle? My guess is about 1-2 years away. Though I really hope it is 2-3 years away and we get a Code Veronica Remake in the meantime!

Associate
Yeah, I haven't played the demo yet but he looks like a right ******* to deal with, thank god for dodging:p Mr. X is a complete non-issue in comparison, he can't even run.

I couldn't get the hang of the dodge button, everytime I tried it I still got caught.

Resident Evil Resistance beta is out tomorrow, (the online mulitplayer part of the game they are releasing with it)

Last edited:
Soldato
I liked Resi 4 quite a lot but I definitely prefer the classic approach, REmake 2 was really good and 3 looks great. I see Resi 6 has a well-deserved place in your ranking:p

Would love to see Code Veronica remade before 8 as well as I haven't played it.

Associate
I liked Resi 4 quite a lot but I definitely prefer the classic approach, REmake 2 was really good and 3 looks great. I see Resi 6 has a well-deserved place in your ranking:p

Would love to see Code Veronica remade before 8 as well as I haven't played it.

You should play code veronica! emulator on PC.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You should play code veronica! emulator on PC.
Yep. Great game. An updated version would be awesome. It is much longer game than RE3 though as I recall. They will probably get too lazy and not make it. Also people will probably start crying for RE8. Shame really as I wish they would just use the same engine and get it done in the next 12-18 months. I am sure there is a separate team working on RE8 anyway which will be released on next gen consoles likely using a brand new engine.

Associate
Based on the demo I think this will likely be my new ranking :D

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3 Remake
5- Resident Evil 3
6- Resident Evil 2 Remake
7- Resident Evil 0
8- Resident Evil 4
9- Resident Evil 7
10- Resident Evil 5
11- Resident Evil: Revelations
12- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
13- Resident Evil 6

Let's see if I am right. It could be higher, but unlikely as they probably have not added much to the original by the sounds of it.

Might play Resident Evil 7 again one more time before that and see if it does not claw it's place back above RE4 which is where it used to be. The only thing letting that down is the forgettable characters and the last third of the game which was poor. Otherwise it would be a few places higher potentially.

Hopefully they can now see what makes a Resident Evil game and get it right for RE8. Saying that I wonder how far along that is in it's dev cycle? My guess is about 1-2 years away. Though I really hope it is 2-3 years away and we get a Code Veronica Remake in the meantime!

Is that the Remake 1 or the original where you placed the first RE in 2nd place?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Is that the Remake 1 or the original where you placed the first RE in 2nd place?
The remake. I actually do not have the original on the list. I know it is not consistent. But the original remake was so long ago now that I consider that to be Resident Evil. Also it has been so long since I played, maybe I will replay it again some day and add it to my list.

Caporegime
The remake. I actually do not have the original on the list. I know it is not consistent. But the original remake was so long ago now that I consider that to be Resident Evil. Also it has been so long since I played, maybe I will replay it again some day and add it to my list.

I am surprised you didn't have 0 higher. It is basically more of the Remake and the leech hunter mini game is immense fun.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am surprised you didn't have 0 higher. It is basically more of the Remake and the leech hunter mini game is immense fun.
I did enjoy Resident Evil 0, but was not a huge fan of the leech stuff. The Billy character was ok. I do still enjoy replaying it now and then though. Whereas Resident Evil 4 I do not replay as the story was a bit rubbish and the gameplay changed for the worse. Just did not feel like Resident Evil. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it as a game, just not as a Resident Evil game. Waiting for the mod project where they have replaced the textures to finish before I replay it. The main thing I have fond memories of Resident Evil 4 is the merchant "whatcha buyin? whatcha sellin? hehehehehehe" :D

I actually might replay the original Resident Evil 2 again soon and see if it still holds up on the top of my list. I think it might, loved that game back in the day and probably played it like 10 times over the years since. Resident Evil 2 Remake somehow did not fully capture what made the original so special for me or it would have landed on the top spot of my list. With the original Resident Evil Remake I felt they got everything near perfect. With Resident Evil 2 Remake they changed too much for my taste. What they needed to do was change less and add more! Was very disappointed with them changing the gunshop. That for me was too iconic to change:

Soldato
I did enjoy Resident Evil 0, but was not a huge fan of the leech stuff. The Billy character was ok. I do still enjoy replaying it now and then though. Whereas Resident Evil 4 I do not replay as the story was a bit rubbish and the gameplay changed for the worse. Just did not feel like Resident Evil. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it as a game, just not as a Resident Evil game. Waiting for the mod project where they have replaced the textures to finish before I replay it. The main thing I have fond memories of Resident Evil 4 is the merchant "whatcha buyin? whatcha sellin? hehehehehehe" :D

I actually might replay the original Resident Evil 2 again soon and see if it still holds up on the top of my list. I think it might, loved that game back in the day and probably played it like 10 times over the years since. Resident Evil 2 Remake somehow did not fully capture what made the original so special for me or it would have landed on the top spot of my list. With the original Resident Evil Remake I felt they got everything near perfect. With Resident Evil 2 Remake they changed too much for my taste. What they needed to do was change less and add more! Was very disappointed with them changing the gunshop. That for me was too iconic to change:

LOL great video!!!

Associate

RE4 was amazing, especially on the Wii. RE2 is my fave from the franchise though, just started RE3 again after many years, playing it on the Dolphin emulator in preparation for the remake :D Kendo gun shop was iconic though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
RE4 was amazing, especially on the Wii. RE2 is my fave from the franchise though, just started RE3 again after many years, playing it on the Dolphin emulator in preparation for the remake :D Kendo gun shop was iconic though.
Do you think it was amazing as a Resident Evil game though? For me the answer is no. As a game yes, but a let down as a Resi game.

Incredibly short (five and a half hours) and lots of reused locations from the RE2 remake. :(

Watch me complete it in 12-15 hours :D

Then next go in 2 :p

Back
Top Bottom