Resident Evil 3 Remake

Soldato
Quite short but all I needed prior to this being released. Looks like they've moved the engine one a bit further with some very impressive character models, in all it's fluid at max details 1440p with my 5700 XT.

Loved RE2 Remake so no doubt I'm going to love this just as much.

Soldato
panic threw a nade and downed him, but it wasn't long before he caught up to me. I unloaded 4 shotgun rounds into his head while he was downed, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Soldato
panic threw a nade and downed him, but it wasn't long before he caught up to me. I unloaded 4 shotgun rounds into his head while he was downed, but it didn't seem to do anything.

It's the same as the res 2 remake after you down him you just keep running.

Also movies are the same, takes more than normal guns to kill the bit ugly ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
The game runs great, I turned everything max 1440p 120hz HDR and had about 100fps on my gtx 1080 (the 2 blur settings off).

I thought the hdr looked great, I did have to turn the colour down a bit on my tv because it looked too much like cartoon at first.
I went and maxed the first HDR slider then took the next one up a couple of notches past centre. The red blue were not quite the same size but seemed to look better taking it that bit further.
The blacks were jet black and the barrels explosions were crazy bright. Much better HDR than resident evil 2 remake in IMO.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Aye mental, hes bloody solid to get away from :p

I couldn't get the shottie, as was carrying too much stuff.

The safe code was a bit of a bugger, i found it eventually though :D
I got the shotgun, had to use my first aid kit to make space. Thought why not as I already had a mixed red and green herbs :p

I decided to fight Nemesis as I had loads of ammo and 2 grenades. Even after unloading it all he just gets up (as expected like the original). Was interested to see if he dropped anything when I did it, but nada. I died trying but the game just loads from just before you encounter him so this time I just used one grenade and then run for it. He did not catch up and that was that.

My game time said 27 minutes which I thought was very nice for a demo, did not feel short for me. Only thing I forgot to look for is the code for the safe.

Overall really enjoyed it. Better graphics than RE2 Remake and even better performance. I enjoyed this demo a lot more than RE2 demo. I get the feeling this game will rank high in my list of RE games. Can see it being in the top 3.

Now need to try and play it on my PS4 Pro and OLED TV to see if it looks better due to HDR.

Soldato
Impressed by the modern shader FX Capcom are using. Also great use of cinematic sound FX. Gives the game a fantastic look & atmosphere. Will probably buy it as Capcom do put a lot of effort into these remasters they are not just basic re-releases at all.

Caporegime
I couldn't work the dodge feature out at all (Xbox one controller)

I assumed it was using the right bumper (dodge) but the one time it seemed to activate I think I had a knife and pushed the attack trigger.

Are there really 20 little dolls in the demo? I only found 3.

Associate

I assumed it was using the right bumper (dodge) but the one time it seemed to activate I think I had a knife and pushed the attack trigger.

I found one lol. Loving the demo though, can't wait for full release. Runs like a dream too. Save room music brought back memories.

Soldato

I had 3 dolls but wasn't looking for them. So possibly there could be more, i would be surprised if there was 20 on that demo I didnt see.

I found dodge worked just fine on xbox one controller, it takes some skill though, everyone of my dodges ended up with a zombie bite.

I stored my knife away in the chest.

Soldato
It's the same as the res 2 remake after you down him you just keep running.

Also movies are the same, takes more than normal guns to kill the bit ugly ones.
In the old game, couldn't you take him down and then you got a gun drop or something? I only played it once when it released, so my memory is a little hazy.

Hope he just appears at certain points like in the old game and similar to Resi 2. Wouldn't want an invincible ammo sink constantly following me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Haha. That is exactly how many I found and was surprised to see at the end it said there was 20!

I felt like maybe there would be 5 or something while playing and felt I was doing well.

Caporegime
I got the shotgun, had to use my first aid kit to make space. Thought why not as I already had a mixed red and green herbs :p

I decided to fight Nemesis as I had loads of ammo and 2 grenades. Even after unloading it all he just gets up (as expected like the original). Was interested to see if he dropped anything when I did it, but nada. I died trying but the game just loads from just before you encounter him so this time I just used one grenade and then run for it. He did not catch up and that was that.

My game time said 27 minutes which I thought was very nice for a demo, did not feel short for me. Only thing I forgot to look for is the code for the safe.

Overall really enjoyed it. Better graphics than RE2 Remake and even better performance. I enjoyed this demo a lot more than RE2 demo. I get the feeling this game will rank high in my list of RE games. Can see it being in the top 3.

Now need to try and play it on my PS4 Pro and OLED TV to see if it looks better due to HDR.

Took me about 40 minutes :p

Only managed to get about 7 wobbly heads, and i was everywhere you could be, so not sure if there was 20 as it said :D

Associate
Recorded a play-through on my new Ryzen build. Game runs flawlessly at 1440p. Used MSI Afterburner to grab stats.
Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 5 3600
-MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
-Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz
-PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil (8GB)
-Corsair VS650 650w

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Took me about 40 minutes :p

Only managed to get about 7 wobbly heads, and i was everywhere you could be, so not sure if there was 20 as it said :D
I just played it again on my OLED and PS4 Pro and found 7 also, so you could be right. Took me 47 minutes this time as I was taking it even slower and taking in the HDR graphics. It really is very good. Though if you take the HDR away, the PC version is superior. It seems to me like as if the resolution is not 4K on the PS4 Pro, maybe closer to 1440p.

Torn really. Though right now I am thinking if I can pick up a cheap AMD code from someone, I might just cancel my PS4 Pro pre order.

Getting the PC version working on an OLED with HDR would be the best. I actually might just take my pc down to my living room from my office/man cave and see what that looks like :p

This is one of the very few games where I know I will enjoy getting as many achievements as possible, so might be worth just going a PC from the start :)

Back
Top Bottom