The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
The 1st TLoU was pretty much pitch-perfect storywise, the DLC not so much. But having read the spoilers for this I'm out, canceled my pre-order as I don't feel this game has been made 'for me'.

To the guy that said the leaks were due to a pay dispute, I've read that due to ND's crunch culture and by initially delaying the release of the game indefinitely to maximize profits they annoyed a fair few folks that dealt with some horrible working conditions getting TLoU2 release ready.

Soldato
The 1st TLoU was pretty much pitch-perfect storywise, the DLC not so much. But having read the spoilers for this I'm out, canceled my pre-order as I don't feel this game has been made 'for me'.

To the guy that said the leaks were due to a pay dispute, I've read that due to ND's crunch culture and by initially delaying the release of the game indefinitely to maximize profits they annoyed a fair few folks that dealt with some horrible working conditions getting TLoU2 release ready.

Horrible working conditions, what exactly do they have to put up with sitting at a desk developing games, I have always been curious, when this has been mentioned in the past within game development. I know they may have to work long hours to meet dead lines.

Soldato

Yeah, the story is so random, idiotic and out of place that I can barely believe it's true but it apparently is.

I've been telling people ND won't be able to do TLoU justice as they themselves said Joel and Ellie's story is finished but what happened here boggles my mind, I'm actually glad I checked this out:p

Caporegime
OP
Horrible working conditions, what exactly do they have to put up with sitting at a desk developing games, I have always been curious, when this has been mentioned in the past within game development. I know they may have to work long hours to meet dead lines.

you should educate yourself on the culture of games development at the top studios prior to launch, the crunch culture sounds absolutely horrific.

https://kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-games-culture-of-crunch-1829936466

https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-crunches-on-the-last-of-us-ii-developer-1842289962

Soldato
I take my previous statement back I just had a peak......

WTH ND!!!!!!

They are blaming the leaks on ruining the game for people.

I think they have done that themselves.....

Ahhhhhh

Soldato
It's not good dude. The first game has just been **** on and full on 2020 gender and social politics have taken over.....

Really peaved off now. Why didn't they just go away and make a new game instead of this.

I would have purchased the new game and probably enjoyed it even with all the politics.

Why!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Erm, did no-one play the DLC? I am surprised that anyone is surprised that gender is a theme in the game.

Anyway, if the anti-SJW crowd are foaming at the mouth, that probably means it's good :)

Soldato
Dude it has nothing to do with her being a lesbian or even the gender politics.

All I can say this is just nasty and way to dark and that's all I can say without spoiling.

What were they thinking.

Soldato
Erm, did no-one play the DLC? I am surprised that anyone is surprised that gender is a theme in the game.

Anyway, if the anti-SJW crowd are foaming at the mouth, that probably means it's good :)

I'd love to see your face when you finally get to know everything:p

Gender has rather little to do with it, even though they tried so hard to pointlessly refocus the game around such themes like it really needed that. Won't say more not to spoil anything, but I've seen enough.

Bigpig, why do you think it's too dark and nasty? I though there were many other problems, can you tell me in spoiler tags?

Soldato

Gender has rather little to do with it, even though they tried so hard to pointlessly refocus the game around such themes like it really needed that. Won't say more not to spoil anything, but I've seen enough.

Bigpig, why do you think it's too dark and nasty? I though there were many other problems, can you tell me in spoiler tags?

I am going to avoid spoilers if I can and find out soon when I play it. I'm certainly intrigued by the response from people.

Soldato

Yes we played the dlc, and whilst Ellie being gay felt a bit forced given some elements of the main game the story was still well written and executed.

ND have always had 'sjw' themes in all of their games, the difference this time appears to be that the story has been sacrificed in order to force through certain progressive elements. Reading up on this the main guy at ND now is Neil Druckman and yes he's a leftist but he's always had a team of writers able to reign him in, that's not the case this time by the look of it. It's entirely possible to write/make a damn fine game or movie or comic book if your number one priority isn't 'ma diversity' but rather the story 1st. This is the problem the 'raging anti sjw' crowd have, the story always takes a back seat so some moron can virtue signal.

Soldato
Yes we played the dlc, and whilst Ellie being gay felt a bit forced given some elements of the main game the story was still well written and executed.

ND have always had 'sjw' themes in all of their games, the difference this time appears to be that the story has been sacrificed in order to force through certain progressive elements. Reading up on this the main guy at ND now is Neil Druckman and yes he's a leftist but he's always had a team of writers able to reign him in, that's not the case this time by the look of it. It's entirely possible to write/make a damn fine game or movie or comic book if your number one priority isn't 'ma diversity' but rather the story 1st. This is the problem the 'raging anti sjw' crowd have, the story always takes a back seat so some moron can virtue signal.

You people are hilarious :)

Soldato
Resetera has a very comprehensive thread on all the leaks and basically everything else. If you'd like to see it the link is here.

I was hyped for this and Cyberpunk 2077 but after seeing what they've done with the sequel I think i'll pass for the time being.

Soldato
Gah I hope most of this is not true. I wanted a sequel but not like this. Every single person on this forum that said the first game was perfect and a sequel would ruin it are 100% correct.

This is some nasty crap. It's all going to come down to the execution which they will probably pull off. The actors and writer's have enough skill to do it.

But at what cost? Make you feel empty and hallow?

This is a story that didn't need to be told.....

The price is just to high.

Bigpig, why do you think it's too dark and nasty? I though there were many other problems, can you

Like forget all the trans crap but to make you play as a character who kills a beloved character is some dark crap.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just out of interest, why?

As an aside, do you think the trend of shoe horning social agenda items into every facet of consumable media is a good thing? And if so, why?

The world is full of interesting people and stories, I like to hear about them. As a boring ass straight white dude who was exposed to mostly just boring ass straight white dudes in popular culture when I was growing up, it's interesting to watch, read, and play stories about people different from myself.

As a bonus, people different from me get to see a little of themselves represented in popular culture, and feel more a part of it.

If you feel threatened and have hostile reactions to this sort of thing...you really need to take a long hard look at what's really upsetting you, and perhaps step away from the environments that are encouraging you to have such a negative outlook on life.

Back
Top Bottom