Your first post on these forums

Soldato
From July 2007 - Asking about a new MoBo/CPU combo from OcUK which was blowing PSU's - MSI K9A Platinum Blowing Power Supplies? - Turned out that the combo of that particular CPU in that particular MoBo was the issue, both worked fine when used separately so OcUK swapped the CPU and all the problems went.

Absolutely no idea how good/bad that PC build was as I have absolutely zero memory of it, so it may not have been mine as I'd been using OcUK from '02-'03-ish (when they were my local PC shop still in small trading "garages" in Fenton) to build PC's for friends, family and work mates etc up until around '10 when I stopped building for folks and even decided to go OcUK pre-built Tyrannosaur V3 for my personal rig rather than building one which is still in use today (with a few GPU upgrades).

Hiya all, bit of a crap 1st post but I've hit a snag building my latest PC. My components are:

MSI K9A Platinum
AMD6000+
HSI HD2900 1GB
Corsair 620W PSU

After building it I tried applying power and after 1sec the power died without any POST beeps to help me (all cpu, system, psu & cooling fans ran during the 1sec of power). I disconnected all the non-essential power sockets (HD's, optical drives, extra cooling fans/leds etc) and tried again with the same result.

Then I removed the Graphics card (in case it was the cause) but the power still died without POST beeps (hoping to get the "No Graphics" 3 beeps). That left the PSU itself, Mobo and chip. I tried a mates PSU but still had the same problem so "Oh crap, it's the Mobo or chip" I'm thinking.

HOWEVER, my mates PSU when back in his PC now refuse's to work either! SO I'm guessing that my Mobo is the cause as it's blowing up psu's (i.e My mates is Kaput - internal fuse? I'm thinking - but mine is still going so mine will probably have a relay) but as it's the 1st major problem I've had in a load of builds that I've had a problem like this I thought I ask if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought from ocuk in 2000 and had an account on the forums before 2002 I think but as said things changed a lot back then. I remember an AMD chip with a circuit on top, you drew across this circuit with a 2B pencil and it unlocked the chip and allowed greater overclocking. In that package also was cheap as chips 10 gram aluminium heatsink a bit bigger then my thumb with a 40mm fan on top
Something I really wanted or saw listed in the shop was a case with like 8 fans on it and each one was self controlled in its speed to keep the case in that area below a certain temp, it was set with a thermistor resistor. I'm not sure I've ever seen or managed to do that perfectly.

Anyway I cant see 2004 forum posts for this account so we'll never know but I would have registered on the forum to ask about the shop originally.

Associate
My first post according to the search has me listing matchbox 20 as one of my top 3 bands, so there's definitely a glitch somewhere in the search/my life.

That was 2003, my actual first post was presumably something about a Duron (650?), as that was about what my budget stretched to as a 14 year old somewhere around 2001, at a guess.

My first thread (of only 6 I've ever created, it seems) was about getting beaten up in Vietnam in 2006. Not because of my music taste.

Permabanned
The earliest post I can find is quoting this post:

[FnG]magnolia said:
Right, 30 quid is yours if we get a picture of you wearing your rape-wear next to an actual person who wants to be in the shot. Caveats: must be a lady and a stranger so think mall or shopping centre and similar.

Additional 10 quid if it's a Japanese lady in the pic.

Paypal only, 12 hours from this time stamp. Get to it you broken manbaby.

Note: do not hurt anyone, seriously.

Which was a pretty savage call out of IronWarrior's weird anime purchases: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ave-purchased.18571708/page-124#post-26515872

Don
Top right, search by your name, then when it loads the most recent 25 pages of results, click 'Search After' and keep going until it get to no more results, click back and choose the final page.

when I click that I just get the same 25 pages again

Don
Weird, mine keeps going and then eventually I get to one with only 14 pages and my oldest posts :( There must be a better way, Shirley.

was just going back so slowly I thought it wasn't changing :D

finally got to end

first post seems to be 19/10/2002

a post about favourite sports people

Of course my posts go back much further but lost due to the 2 forum nukes

Back
Top Bottom