Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Though a lot of your replies do seem to display a fundamental lack of understanding of nuance and take extremist points of view (like your portrayal above of the only two types of feelings towards Trump - which is demonstrably not true)

But it is true for how people at those two extremes view everyone who isn't at the same extreme, which was my point.

and especially when about biological & group identity politics.

Which is an equally extremist position. "They're all the same" is a very extreme position to take.

I never said that the only positions that exist are the extreme ones. I was referring to how people with extreme positions interpret things - one extreme or the other.

Soldato
Do you have that data?

Don't know if that's being centrally collated yet or not. Initial data from the states was showing an increase in excess deaths to reported figures, like everyone.

the best data that's easily publically available

Not according to various things I've read. @Mr Jack had a good explanation in the Covid thread.

Deaths per capita can be a valid factor at the end of the pandemic, but during, when it's been normalised by date of initial infection (or first 50 deaths as we do) then it's not that relevant, since we know how a virus spreads through a population, (and total size is irrelevant at low overall infection numbers of the population) and just total deaths give the indication on the efficacy of your current response

But hey, it must be nonsense because it doesn't agree with the idea that Trump is The Antichrist.

Now, now you wouldn't want to be putting forward an extremist two option only reason why the above is nonsense would you?

Last edited:
Soldato
You can call it what you like, but explain how 'Wuhan Coronavirus' is racist?

It's clear the media went PC on it after Trump said it was chyna. Not saying he's right but CNN's initial name was correct.
You can call it whatever you like, however calling it the Wuhan Coronavirus when it was given an official taxonomical name only 2-3 month after the first confirmed case causes people to question your motives for doing so, so what are your motives for calling it the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' some 3 months after it was given an official taxonomical name? If it's not, as people seem to be assuming, for racially motivated reasons now's your chance to provide a plausible, logical, alternative reason.
It wasn't conclusive and I never claimed it was.
No, i know, apologises if i gave you the same impression as those you've called out, it wasn't the intention if i did as i agree with you entirely that it's to early to dismiss as the evidence is inconclusive. :)

Soldato
Yes?

Show me where I've supported Biden?. That's the problem with you guys, you have such limited thinking everything is just black and white, left and right and it's just about "winning" rather than doing what's right.

If Biden gets to be President and acts in a similarly atrocious manner as Trump, I will be just as vocal against him, I certainly wouldn't be lowering myself into defending his outrageous behaviour because of some perceived "sides"
That’s always been beyond many Trump defenders understanding. By supporting Trump many of them are more left liberal then me. I don’t remotely support or even like much about the US left. So every time they call me leftist instead of responding to my points all they are doing is showing how extremely foolish they are.

They cannot accept or process that someone who is not left doesn’t support or like Trump and if any right Republican doesn't like Trump well that just breaks there minds. So people like MMJ, Plasmahal and Tang0 lie and pretend we are left liberal just so they don’t have to process or accept reality. They cannot face the fact they have been fooled into supporting Trump so have to get delusional. They just don't understand Trump is not a real right Republican.

One of the reasons I stopped paying attention to Plasmahal is I used a source to back up my point at the time and the source was a far right decades old established Republican. But Plasmahal was so delusional they couldn’t cope with the evidence and just responded with a lie about that person is a leftist liberal like they often do in this thread.

But that is what expect from someone that doesn’t understand bias and if a news source falls left/right, up or down on the pyramid chart even if you provide simple charts to follow. They are so separated from reality only understanding A and B and nothing else the best thing you can do is what a lot of people have done and block or ignore them. Unless of course you have time to waste and find it fun watching them make fools of themselves.

Soldato
so what are your motives for calling it the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' some 3 months after it was given an official taxonomical name?

The media have told you that you must call it 'XYZ'. Where in UK law does state what i have to call it? Where was my vote on it?

It's very simple, if they can call it the 'Ebola, Zika virus' etc, then it's fine to call it the 'Wuhan Coronavirus'.

Where are the 'official taxonomical' names for Ebola, Zika virus' etc?

Soldato
The media have told you that you must call it 'XYZ'. Where in UK law does state what i have to call it? Where was my vote on it?

It's very simple, if they can call it the 'Ebola, Zika virus' etc, then it's fine to call it the 'Wuhan Coronavirus'.

Amazing.

I’m calling it the Trump Virus!

Associate

I would suggest you read the recent editorial in Nature which covers all these issues in detail.It helps one understand modern virus nomenclature.

Caporegime
Well, this is awkward.

jcqgh0.png

Soldato
You have been asked before (which you ignored):

Where is Ebola and who are the mythical people of Ebola ?

Where is Zika and who are the mythical people of Zika ?

People?? Mythical people??

You off your meds, who mentioned people.

Read my posts where I mention area/location.

ZIKA = Name comes from the Ziika Forest of Uganda, where the virus was first isolated in 1947.

Ebola = The disease was first identified in 1976, in two simultaneous outbreaks: one in Nzara (a town in South Sudan) and the other in Yambuku (Democratic Republic of the Congo), a village near the Ebola River from which the disease takes its name.

Such pathetic and lazy posting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both played golf when POTUS, big deal, get over it.

Exactly why I've said the media need to stop moaning about the golfing because there are far more serious issues with the current POTUS.

My point is not about golf. It's about Trump obsessing over Obama as if he's even relevant any more.

Trump has been POTUS nearly 4 years and he still can't shut up about his predecessor. He's a sad sad gimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom