Is anyone else done wearing jeans in public?

Man of Honour
I used to be a jeans type of guy, when ever I would leave the house I would always be in a nice pair of jeans, fendi belt, good drip. How ever since the lock down I have been wearing jogger bottoms pretty much 24/7 , I recently put some jeans on to go out and it really just made me realise how uncomfortable they really are.

At that moment I realised I just can't wear jeans out in public anymore. It doesn't matter if I am in Harrods, on a date, or in burger king, I will be wearing a nice soft pair of joggers. I feel so liberated from the societal pressure that was forcing this notion on me that I had to wear jeans or I am a chav. Does anyone else feel the same way?

There's a bit too much to unpack in this. What is a good drip for starters?

There is no societal pressure to wear jeans but there are reasons to own and wear more than one type of trouser.

Fendi, Harrods, Burger King, Date.

Soldato
I wore them 5 days a week for work for a decade and still wear them in the cooler months for shopping etc. Cheap as chips and very hard wearing. Had 4-5 pairs in rotation and wore out 1-2 a year. A bargain at £25 each.
Likewise, although my work actually issues them as uniform PPE. I haven't worn jeans since I was maybe 16, now.

For non-work, I prefer cargo/outdoorsy type trousers mainly for the pockets, which I've gotten used to having as I carry a lot of 'stuff' these days. I tend to buy the more high end ones though, and even my jean-lookalikes have far more pockets than actual jeans. Most have extra pockets for holding magazines and, while I'm not walking around armed, the 5.56mm pockets hold a smartphone perfectly!
I only wear smart chino/slack type stuff when we go out somewhere nice (that isn't formal enough to require a full suit).... and yes, those have extra pockets too! :D

Cargo pants are silly comfortable, I don't even remember the last time I saw someone wearing them though.
Most of my friends tend to wear them, but we're all in fairly outdoor and/or mechanical trades, so they're more practical than smart/fashion stuff for general life.

Soldato
I've barely put jeans on in the last few months since lock down as I've been in a perpetual state of shorts or joggers. I wear jeans the few times I've needed to ride my motorbike but even then when I get to work I put some shorts on.

Genuinely no idea if my jeans still fit me correctly once I come to need them once again

But being a chav is just a state of mind. I've no issues wearing joggers out in public, comfort is the aim of the game.

Associate
Chuck Norris himself has been a purveyor of jeans that let you stretch it all out since the 1970's.

Just check out Chuck Norris action jeans, he even does Daisy Dukes too.

Permabanned
I don’t keep my clothes around for long, I tend to bin my jeans and clothes after a few weeks. I am an environmental nightmare.

Man of Honour
I don't understand why people are so upset by skinny jeans. If they are what you want to wear, then wear them.

I generally try to be respectful of other people's tastes but when it comes to skinny jeans I really struggle they just look so utterly ridiculous to me on a non-female. I think a good part of it though is a slight resentment on my part that a lot of clothing companies are swinging towards catering for it making it harder for me to find the clothing I'm comfortable in (I struggle at the best of times finding stuff that caters to me, too often when I find something that is perfect they stop making it after a fairly short amount of time to focus on some ridiculous trend instead, so easily get angry about it).

Back
Top Bottom