Is anyone else done wearing jeans in public?

Soldato
Always wondered why posties wear shorts 365?

Would the other, older and more alpha posties bully someone if they wore trousers on the coldest day of the year?

There is this one tall lanky postie I see around my town who wears very short shorts all year round. Never seen him delivery my letter post though.

Associate
Always wondered why posties wear shorts 365?

Would the other, older and more alpha posties bully someone if they wore trousers on the coldest day of the year?

I personally wear them all year as my legs don’t get affected by the cold that much and they are much more comfortable then the trousers they issue. Also I prefer wearing shorts when it rains or snows, there is nothing worse then waking round with heavy wet trousers for 5 hours. They issue us with waterproofs but they are literally not breathable so ur dripping with sweat within 10mins of putting them on making them useless for keeping dry.

Soldato
depends on the season, i'll be popping my jeans back on in the cold months
i switch between them and walking trousers

jeans really are not comfortable though, i just wear them when i need to be a bit neater looking

Associate
Those of you who wear walking or outdoors trousers - have you found any well-cut ones? My SO disowns me if I go out walking in walking trousers, and threatens castration if I wear them as normal trousers.

I like walking trousers; lightweight, flexible and great for muscular legs. She says they don't show my ass off well enough :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Those of you who wear walking or outdoors trousers - have you found any well-cut ones? My SO disowns me if I go out walking in walking trousers, and threatens castration if I wear them as normal trousers.

I like walking trousers; lightweight, flexible and great for muscular legs. She says they don't show my ass off well enough :rolleyes:

I really like GAP trousers, they have enough stretch to be really comfortable and they do a few different fits. Plus only like £20 a pair if you buy from an outlet.

Man of Honour

I don't have specific recommendations but when browsing I've seen all sorts these days including skinny ones with distressed styling, etc. etc.

Soldato
Not a bad idea - I quickly wear out the seat/crotch when cycling in jeans round town, and these should last longer.

Denim: tough until introduced to a bicycle.

I have an older version and they are still going strong, the colour is now faded a bit. bought them as I was sick of normal shorts wearing out and/or splitting as the seems. They are kinda passable as casual shorts, and they do a short shorts version if you don't want 3/4 legnth too

Soldato
I used to be a jeans type of guy, when ever I would leave the house I would always be in a nice pair of jeans, fendi belt, good drip. How ever since the lock down I have been wearing jogger bottoms pretty much 24/7 , I recently put some jeans on to go out and it really just made me realise how uncomfortable they really are.

At that moment I realised I just can't wear jeans out in public anymore. It doesn't matter if I am in Harrods, on a date, or in burger king, I will be wearing a nice soft pair of joggers. I feel so liberated from the societal pressure that was forcing this notion on me that I had to wear jeans or I am a chav. Does anyone else feel the same way?

i have always hated tight and restricted clothing, always wear loose shorts and a t shirt now or joggy bottoms even in winter but i am autistic lol

Soldato
Cargo shorts for as much as I can get away with then jeans if I have to wear "trousers" but I hate the fashion for the last decade of "skinny" jeans with bloody stretchy lycra crap added. However I'm mid 40's so I suppose I should be buying mine from the Asda/Tescos range by now rather than looking at "fashion" stuff at my age :D

Soldato
Cargo shorts for as much as I can get away with then jeans if I have to wear "trousers" but I hate the fashion for the last decade of "skinny" jeans with bloody stretchy lycra crap added. However I'm mid 40's so I suppose I should be buying mine from the Asda/Tescos range by now rather than looking at "fashion" stuff at my age :D

the only jeans i enjoyed wearing were over sized baggy skater jeans in the 90's with my blades, they were comfy and like a triple layer of skin if i had a oopsy moment :)

cycled 21 miles earlier with tesco f&f shorts and a t shirt all i added was gloves and a high vis vest :p

lycra needs to go back to hell where it belongs lol

im 36 but i would rather spend my limited money on fun toys and i always have :p

Last edited:
Soldato
hav'nt worn jeans in about 5 years, cause i can't fit in them anymore hah and i'm not buying
any new ones. sporting my "action trousers" from cotton traders for the cool early 50's Jack Bauer
look :p once you go elasticated waist...

Soldato
Can't stand jeans. I have very sensitive skin so only got one pair of jeans I rarely wear. Other than that is tracksuits or tracksuit bottoms.

Edit: I own a pair of very baggy Khakis. and some trousers with elastic waist and elastic cuff bottoms, no idea what they're called. Bit tight though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't stand jeans. I have very sensitive skin so only got one pair of jeans I rarely wear. Other than that is tracksuits or tracksuit bottoms.

Edit: I own a pair of very baggy Khakis. and some trousers with elastic waist and elastic cuff bottoms, no idea what they're called. Bit tight though.

get elastic shorts on the waist ftw

i do the same and cycle in winter with shorts, every summer the super markets want at least 8 quid a pop at their cheapest point, wait till after summer and u will get awersome stock shifting deals on shorts and t shirts :)

i do not care if there is a lable on somthing, if it fits and is comfy why not?

decathlon trainers are more comfy and lighter than nike ones also cheaper btw

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom