15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

Caporegime
This, it's bizarre no one the left can admit that the BLM marches and vandalism has set race relations back decades. It's done the black community in this country far more harm than good.

The BLM violence and vandalism hasnt done them any favours whatsover. The protests in general though have done a lot of good though.

But then again I am not on the Left so my opinion doesnt count. Perhaps one of the Corbyn supporters could answer that?

Soldato
And that is how almost every riot in history has started. Rightly or wrongly people feel angry and feel like they are not being listened to. You can;t deny it. Its a fact.

Yes, with every riot there can be a lot discussed whether the way the people feel is a true reflection of fact or whether they did indeed have a point.

My friend said the same (in regards to BLM) but my counter to that is. If people are rioting every few years about being ignored then rioting isn't the solution to the problem and a different approach needs to be taken.

Caporegime
My friend said the same (in regards to BLM) but my counter to that is. If people are rioting every few years about being ignored then rioting isn't the solution to the problem and a different approach needs to be taken.

I can sympathise with them though. People normally resort to this kind of violence when they have given up and don;t see anything chagrining and their voices arent being heard. Its frustration boiling over and then it only needs the smallest spark to flair up.

Man of Honour
And that is how almost every riot in history has started. Rightly or wrongly people feel angry and feel like they are not being listened to. You can;t deny it. Its a fact.

Yes, with every riot there can be a lot discussed whether the way the people feel is a true reflection of fact or whether they did indeed have a point.
The government and council have never listened to me. But amazingly (probably due to my parents bringing me up properly) I never felt the need to riot. Also incredibly my father, who was certainly froma very poor working class environment, also never felt the need to riot. He just got on with life, improved his job over the years to provide for his family, stayed married to my mum while his kids were young despite them not getting on very well, to provide a stable and productive home for us all. Perhaps parenting actually has more affect on rioting than other factors?

Soldato
The government and council have never listened to me. But amazingly (probably due to my parents bringing me up properly) I never felt the need to riot. Also incredibly my father, who was certainly froma very poor working class environment, also never felt the need to riot. He just got on with life, improved his job over the years to provide for his family, stayed married to my mum while his kids were young despite them not getting on very well, to provide a stable and productive home for us all. Perhaps parenting actually has more affect on rioting than other factors?

Too many broken families and single mothers raising kids. So they fight with emotions instead of logic.

Rioting is fighting with emotions.

Caporegime

Oh I agree, I have never rioted in my life despite agreeing with the reasons behind some riots like the poll tax riots. Its just not in my nature. However, that doesnt mean to say that there arent millions of people who will riot.

So on that basis I assume you are saying everybody who rioted over the poll tax just had bad parents then?

Man of Honour
Too many broken families and single mothers raising kids. So they fight with emotions instead of logic.

Rioting is fighting with emotions.
I do agree with this. I think single parent familes are a big factor. In particular I think boys need a father figure in their life. I've said before that many boys now don't have any good role models in their lives. Their parents split up and many don't even have male teachers anymore (because a lot of men are reluctant to go into a career that automatically casts suspicion on them). I also think that the black community is overly affected by this because, for reasons I don't pretend to understand, there appear to be a higher number of single parent familes there.

Caporegime
This, it's bizarre no one the left can admit that the BLM marches and vandalism has set race relations back decades. It's done the black community in this country far more harm than good.

What I find bizarre is that no one can see that the elites are using black people as pawns in their quest for power.

Soldato
Brixton is still an absolute dive despite the gentrification. Yeah there's a few nice bars and hipster coffee shops now butas soon as you step outside you feel like you could be stabbed at any second like it's always been.

Not always. My grandmother was born in Brixton in 1908. Was quite a well to do area back then.

Soldato
So you think that applies to all riots then like the poll tax? or just the ones in Brixton?

Not all but most.

I do agree with this. I think single parent familes are a big factor. In particular I think boys need a father figure in their life. I've said before that many boys now don't have any good role models in their lives. Their parents split up and many don't even have male teachers anymore (because a lot of men are reluctant to go into a career that automatically casts suspicion on them). I also think that the black community is overly affected by this because, for reasons I don't pretend to understand, there appear to be a higher number of single parent familes there.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I don't want to derail the thread but that's why I'm not in support of BLM and it will changing nothing(yes I am black myself). Because we need to address the broken families within the black community, too many single mothers breeding with the wrong type of men, leaving no male role models. Oh and these are the same type of women running BLM. Too busy pointing the finger at others but never looking at themselves.

Caporegime
We both know I'm not saying that. Don't be daft.

So what are you saying then? As it seems to be that these black people in brixton rioted because there are "Too many broken families and single mothers raising kids" and "Perhaps parenting actually has more affect on rioting than other factors?" yet doesnt apply to any other riots that have taken place like the Poll Tax riots?

EDIT: I have just seen your second post. Perhaps it is a factor and I am sure there will be studies done on single parents vs rioting but its just really a guess and a feeling by you that these particular riots are mainly because of them being more single parents and no male role models and not perhaps because they have just had enough?

Caporegime
I do agree with this. I think single parent familes are a big factor. In particular I think boys need a father figure in their life. I've said before that many boys now don't have any good role models in their lives. Their parents split up and many don't even have male teachers anymore (because a lot of men are reluctant to go into a career that automatically casts suspicion on them). I also think that the black community is overly affected by this because, for reasons I don't pretend to understand, there appear to be a higher number of single parent familes there.
Denzel agrees

Man of Honour
So what are you saying then? As it seems to be that these black people in brixton rioted because there are "Too many broken families and single mothers raising kids" and "Perhaps parenting actually has more affect on rioting than other factors?" yet doesnt apply to any other riots that have taken place like the Poll Tax riots?
I very clearly asked whether parenting could be a bigger factor in riots than other factors. There was a question mark at the end of that too, which in the English language is used to indicate a question. I did not assert, as you tried to assume I had, that "everybody who rioted over the poll tax just had bad parents then?"

You seem to be trying to use a similar tactic that Cathy Newman tried with Jordan Peterson on the infamous Channel 4 News interview, where she immediately tries to assert her own opinion into his reply.

Back
Top Bottom