• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
I've had the cold boot issue with 3.00. There doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, and it only happens once every month or so. RAM is at 1.4v.

I do wonder if some of these issues are down to the X570 chipset, as i've had nothing but trouble with the MSI A-Pro in my son's computer too.

Soldato
I've had the cold boot issue with 3.00. There doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, and it only happens once every month or so. RAM is at 1.4v.

I do wonder if some of these issues are down to the X570 chipset, as i've had nothing but trouble with the MSI A-Pro in my son's computer too.

Ram at 1.398v found the most stable with the 3.0.

Associate
Is it normal that different BIOS versions will results in widely different frequencies in Prime95? Everything UEFI default:

1.60: Prime95-> about 4000Mhz
2.80: Prime95-> about 3600Mhz
3.00: Prime95-> about 3200 Mhz

I'm getting really tired of this Ryzen gpu-like boost. It just isn't fun for OCTs like me.

Also, I've been having some issues with an Aorus Master x570 where I couldn't have a Prime95 stable system even with UEFI defaults. Now that I've tried the same 3950X with the x570 Taichi, Prime95 seems somehow more stable and it's using more voltage, but crashes anyway within few minutes.

Does this mean it's the CPU which is faulty? Or is just an expected Prime95 behaviour with 3950X? Haven't had a faulty CPU in... never.

Last edited:
Associate
If its crashimg I would think its more likely you need to alter some bios settings to correct it.
I don't use prime 95 but if you have not already bump your dram voltage to 1.35V

Associate
In a perfect world yes but if you want to stop issues you are going to have to actively pursue it.
Dram 1.35 as minimum.
Check your SOC voltage and set to 1.1 as minimum.

If you still have issues then you may be wise to download and run the Dram calculator.
You can choose Safe or Fast as options and it will show what values will work.
It may be you need to only change one value to cure it.

I did have a quick run of Prime 95 and my 3900X was running in the 4250 range on Bios 2.80
However it is very heat dependant so if your cooler is not up to the task the cpu will dial back your clocks to protect cpu.

Associate
Still having issues with this board. :(

Been running ok on bios 2.10. Been reading up on the whole "Power reporting deviation" thing in hwinfo. Checked on my machine and when it's running cinebench it's reporting it to be.... 35% :eek: CPU PPT at 45w under full load.....

A bit behind on bioses since I tend to have boot issue on startup with later ones, but thought I would give the latest (3.00) a try.

After updating, clearing settings and setting XMP on I tried again - and the power reporting deviation now at 95%, and wattage showing more correctly (high 80's) for CPU PPT. Sorted. Did notice that all core boost is a little lower but that could be the agesa update.

Went to restart - screen goes black, fans still on....... and nothing, doesn't want to shut down. Waited a bit then powered off by holding the power button down. Powered up - and got the whole restart power cycle training thing again. :( Into bios and all settings had been reset. Reconfigured for XMP and booted ok.

Then spotted that for some reason even though memory running at 3600 as in XMP, tRC is at 82 rather than the 53 defined in the xmp profile. Also IF was at 1,500 and mem clock at 900. ??? Not had to correct this before. Back into bios and set IF speed manually to 1800 and booted up ok.

Decided to go back to 2.10 Flashed, cleared settings and enabled XMP. tRC correct as well as IF etc, when left on auto.

Seems to be (for me at least) the bioses are just getting worse as time goes on - other than fixing the PRD issue.

Tempted to go for a B550 board, possible an MSI Tomahawk given no chipset fan and 2.5GB lan.

Associate
Done some more digging on my machine. Compared settings in Ryzen Master software between bios 2.10 and 3.00 with default/auto settings and just XMP enabled.

Noted that 2.10 has PBO on, but off on 3.00 - that would explain the slight mutli core boost speed difference.

3.00 set IF and Mem controller clock "wrong" - 1500/900 instead of 1800/1800 on 2.10. (3600 mem)

A few memory options different between the two - Trc, Tfaw, TrrdL and TrrdS noted. Not sure exactly what they do or which value is better or worse.

VDDCR_SOC 1.2v on 3.00, 1.1v on 2.10.

Given that I find things stable on 2.10, I've been inclined to change settings to match what was in that rather than 3.00. Will see if boot/reboot issues pop up again with 3.00 using 2.10 settings.

Edit: Summary of differences (at least those seen in ryzen master)

2.1 vs 3.0

Tfaw - 54, 38
TrrdL - 13, 9
TrrdS - 13, 6
Trc - 53, 83
IF/Mem clk - 1800/1800, 1500/900
VDDCR_SOC - 1.1v, 1.2v
PBO - On, Off

Last edited:
Associate
Well, this board is seriously annoying me now. Just powered up and its done the reboot issue again. All settings reset, inc time, fan settings, voltage et all. :mad::mad:

Most settings differences were changed to 2.10 settings too - bar TrrdL and TrrdS where it would only take a max value of 12 now for some reason.

Will I ever get a stable bios beyond 2.10? :(:(:( Guess it's probably back to 2.10 and living with the power reporting issues - at least it will boot/reboot properly.

EDIT : Back on 2.10. From what I've been reading, many suspect the intermittant boot issue is actually due to agesa 1.0.0.4, and effecting various boards. Could be some truth in that since I believe 2.10 is the last bios using 1.0.0.3? So guess I'll wait for a later bios with hopefully a newer agesa version and with the power delivery fixes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well, this board is seriously annoying me now. Just powered up and its done the reboot issue again. All settings reset, inc time, fan settings, voltage et all. :mad::mad:

Most settings differences were changed to 2.10 settings too - bar TrrdL and TrrdS where it would only take a max value of 12 now for some reason.

Will I ever get a stable bios beyond 2.10? :(:(:( Guess it's probably back to 2.10 and living with the power reporting issues - at least it will boot/reboot properly.

EDIT : Back on 2.10. From what I've been reading, many suspect the intermittant boot issue is actually due to agesa 1.0.0.4, and effecting various boards. Could be some truth in that since I believe 2.10 is the last bios using 1.0.0.3? So guess I'll wait for a later bios with hopefully a newer agesa version and with the power delivery fixes.

Oddly mine cold boot issues came back this week with memory errors and instability.

I reset to default, re-entered all my settings exactly the same and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Oddly mine cold boot issues came back this week with memory errors and instability.

I reset to default, renetered all my settings exactly the same and it worked fine.

I get this occasionally too, it's got to be a bios fault, as it can work fine for weeks and then it resets. Ive had this on all versions of bios (running 3.0 atm).

Associate
Bios V2.11 out for the Taichi X570.. https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/index.asp#BIOS

Description of "Fix CPU Power consumption report."

I can't believe I missed the fact I posted this. :D It's not on their website anymore, but I still have a copy. Will give this a try - hopefully the stability of 2.10 with the CPU power usage reporting fixed.

EDIT: Flashed to 2.11 and can confirm power usage reporting correctly (or at corrected/same levels as later versions at least). All settings showing the same in ryzen master compared to 2.10, bar EPO which is off by default in 2.11, so all core boost down a little. I can live with that (or just enable PBO later) if there aren't any other issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom