Car Youtubers and dangerous driving

Soldato
the owner was legging it with him!

So who did they leave sat in the Audi at 11:37?

I see what you mean though, owner was wearing a grey tracksuit. Grey tracksuit ran off with DMO. It sounded like they were thanking someone for stopping? They left some randomer in the Audi?

Even bigger bell :D

Soldato
I enjoy watch these YouTube channels and seeing the cars people have built. However the driving seems getting more and more dangerous, as people want to impress the audience. Channels like LiveLifeFast and Officially Gassed, I'm sure there are others but they seem to be the most popular.

After a fellow forum member did a video for one of those channels you mentioned (can't remember which), a few of the "bigger power" RS6 owners like myself and a couple of others started to get forum PM's from other 'smaller' Youtubers who joined just to ask for "big" HP cars for their videos with messages such as "Hey mate your car is wicked sick bruv, mad props to you and yer crew! We wanna see on our channel to help us grow man, let me know bro!" etc and I promise I'm not exaggerating that language that much although I am having to go from memory.

I have no problem with people lending their cars top Youtubers but, for me at least, I'd prefer someone a little less "youth" and more "gentleman" like JayEmm if I was to lend my car for a YT video etc :D

Soldato
So who did they leave sat in the Audi at 11:37?

I see what you mean though, owner was wearing a grey tracksuit. Grey tracksuit ran off with DMO. It sounded like they were thanking someone for stopping? They left some randomer in the Audi?

Even bigger bell :D

Looks like fiesta or similar stopped by random. At 11:38 it’s a little hatchback.

Man of Honour
After a fellow forum member did a video for one of those channels you mentioned (can't remember which), a few of the "bigger power" RS6 owners like myself and a couple of others started to get forum PM's from other 'smaller' Youtubers who joined just to ask for "big" HP cars for their videos with messages such as "Hey mate your car is wicked sick bruv, mad props to you and yer crew! We wanna see on our channel to help us grow man, let me know bro!" etc and I promise I'm not exaggerating that language that much although I am having to go from memory.

I have no problem with people lending their cars top Youtubers but, for me at least, I'd prefer someone a little less "youth" and more "gentleman" like JayEmm if I was to lend my car for a YT video etc :D

We've had it at work before where people who drive a nicer vehicle have come out of work to find the boy racer types parked up around their car to make their YT videos trying to make it look like part of the shot LOL.

Soldato
DMO tends to blur road/navigation signs out in his videos these days. Most (if not all) YouTubers tend to not capture the speedometer in fear of being prosecuted.

The riskiest car content I've seen posted up is on here: https://www.instagram.com/gap4days

Be prepared to have your blood boil. Lots of clips from different countries but there's a lot of UK based clips there too of people 'gapping' (undertaking/overtaking/speeding on the motorway/dual carriage ways to squeeze into gaps between other cars).

EDIT: You will need an Instagram account in case you want to watch any of the videos linked. Apologies for those who don't have one.
I bet they wouldn’t be gapping on a track day :p

Would probably be even worse on a track with other fast cars

Soldato
So next time I encounter some **** with a stupid haircut in a 'sick' car, cutting me up and behaving like a massive ******* on the road... chances are it's merely some YouTuber formally requesting that I "Lahk, fayve and su'scrahbe, innit Bruv" in the language of his people?

Caporegime
There are some really good car journos on Youtube, Harry Metcalfe being top tier for me, however Jason Camissa also has a decent channel now. I also enjoy Hoovie & Doug as well. Bad Obsession Motorsports was good for the first year or two of their Mini build but it's just dragging on now.

These guys however are just bottom of the barrel tripe, "well wikkid motah m8 innit" types, they probably think "brought" is the past tense for purchasing something and "could have" means "could have".

Idiots. Probably Labour supporters.

Hi OP,

Do you actually have any evidence that these youtuber's are on public roads? Landmarks can be recreated on private roads very easily. I am not sure what you are trying to say in your post exactly, but it is clear you are jealous of these young men and their nice cars.

yeah it wasnt stonehenge in the background of my sick video, it was foamhenge ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foamhenge

Man of Honour
Hi OP,

Do you actually have any evidence that these youtuber's are on public roads? Landmarks can be recreated on private roads very easily. I am not sure what you are trying to say in your post exactly, but it is clear you are jealous of these young men and their nice cars.
Hi Squidward

I'm sure it could be possible that they have recreated large swathes of UK landscape in a private setting. I'd imagine the budget for that would outstrip any revenue generated by a YouTube channel.

Soldato
We've had it at work before where people who drive a nicer vehicle have come out of work to find the boy racer types parked up around their car to make their YT videos trying to make it look like part of the shot LOL.

LOL I had that exact thing way back in 2004 when I had my R34 Skyline. I'd parked up at a MaccyD's after finishing a evening shift (so 11-12pm-ish), came out about 20 minutes later and Lincoln's local "cruise" network had setup around my car (Max Power, F&F etc were still big back then). I also had an "odd" meet-up where I'd parked next to a cash-machine and a "youth" came running up to me so I was understandable defensive as I squared up but he just wanted permission to take a few pics of the R34, which was a little odd to ask first I suppose, but he was happy when I said yes :D

Commissario

Funny you should mention JayEmm, I’ve just come back from doing a video with him. Very nice and down to earth guy with a lot of respect for people’s cars.

Soldato
Landmarks can be recreated on private roads very easily. I am not sure what you are trying to say in your post exactly, but it is clear you are jealous of these young men and their nice cars.

Can you tell me how I'd create the eiffel tower on a private road? I'd just like to make my friends jealous by pretending to be in Paris.

Also it's pretty obvious what his post is saying. These morons need to grow up before they kill some innocent person.

Back
Top Bottom