One Plus Nord

Sho

Sho

Soldato
think OP are trolling me. accessories arrived today from them. phone doesnt arrive from amazon until 5th :(

Yea i too have pre ordered from amazon and delivery is 5th.:(

As for case, what is everyone going for. I always go for Spigen cases.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Just a heads up for anyone who has this phone on pre-order. If you order from John Lewis today (create member account) you can pick it up from any local stores on Saturday.
No need to wait for release day. Picking mines from my local co-op store :D

Introductory Offer - Receive £30 off with promotional code Exclusively for new & existing my John Lewis members - Available only today

1. If you’re not already a member, join my John Lewis for free to receive all the benefits

2. Make sure you’re signed in to your account when you check out

3. Enter MYJLSAMSUNG30 at payment by going to the ‘Add promotional code’ link in checkout

Available for general sale from 4.8.2020 at £379

Currently not available in stores

Only one promotional code may be used per transaction

Associate
I'll be ordering one of these next week I think to replace my aging Note 8 that I've had for over 2.5 years. My only gripe with it really is battery life and the camera isn't that great (I'm sure it's got worse over time). I assume it'll be a nice bump up in terms of battery, camera, screen quality, etc.

Now my wife has a P30 that she'd like to replace in the near future, as again the camera quality seems to be deteriorating since she bought it. Would the Nord be an upgrade over the P30 or just a side step in terms of camera ability? I'm pretty sure she'd be happy with everything else, but the camera is a major factor on her phones as she takes a ton of pictures.

Associate
Well I don't think OnePlus Nord camera is as good as say as a Samsung S10 , but im sure it will improve in time with software updates. But as it is at this movement , its more of a side step and won't me better than your P30.

In its current state , its usable , but it can be a bit better I feel with a few more updates.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Well I don't think OnePlus Nord camera is as good as say as a Samsung S10 , but im sure it will improve in time with software updates. But as it is at this movement , its more of a side step and won't me better than your P30.

In its current state , its usable , but it can be a bit better I feel with a few more updates.

Over in time with software updates it should improve. Gcam is available and picture quality is much better. I'll be using Gcam as soon as i get my phone on Saturday.

It'll be my first Oneplus device. It'll be a nice upgrade to my aging 3.5yrs Galaxy S8. (I won't miss wireless charging, as i hardly used it)

Last edited:
Associate
That's kind of what I was expecting to be honest. It's just hard to tell from watching YouTube videos how much difference there actually is, most comparison videos are either against the 8 or 8pro, or the iPhone SE, etc
When we bought the P30 the camera was considered pretty decent.
I guess as I'll be ordering one anyway, can always compare next week

Soldato
Tjis

Those pics look way better than the stock cam app. I have been looking to get a Google Pixel 4 XL still as I miss the wireless charging. I'm exploring options at the moment

Which config file you using with gcam ?

Im just using this one from XDA - Arnova's 7.4 Beta: GCam_5.1beta1.200706.1149build-7.4.104.apk (2020-07-18, Android 9+)

Prefer the Nord to the 4XL, never use wireless charging on it.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Picked up my nord 2hours ago. Got it up and running. I'm enojoying it so far. Only thing left is to install Gcam on it.

Back
Top Bottom