Inline temperature sensors

Associate
id agree with going the aqua computer aquaero, then just add what you need as and when
i love it, its costly to get started tho
i have my temp sensor being picked up from its high flow meter, which i have after my gpus and before my cpu block
i have 2 other temp sensors, 1 out of my last rad and one going into my first rad
two of those sensors are connected to the aquaero and used for automatic fan curves, the last i use for a front of case temp for me to see
its all silent and automatically controlled with no software needed to be run, just fire it up to make changes when you like

Soldato
id agree with going the aqua computer aquaero, then just add what you need as and when
i love it, its costly to get started tho
i have my temp sensor being picked up from its high flow meter, which i have after my gpus and before my cpu block
i have 2 other temp sensors, 1 out of my last rad and one going into my first rad
two of those sensors are connected to the aquaero and used for automatic fan curves, the last i use for a front of case temp for me to see
its all silent and automatically controlled with no software needed to be run, just fire it up to make changes when you like

OCTO is a very powerful alternative at half the price, you can pick one up, some temp sensors and flow sensor for the same price as an Aquero :)

Last edited:
Soldato
zhQfWfx.jpg

I tried this one, it`s really nice and simple shows u water temp, and flow rate, only proble was it was noisy and I got rid of it, perhaps I should have tried swapping the insides or remounting them but I didnt have an 11m internal hex key to do so.

I bought one of these, really happy with it.

What sort of flow rate should I be looking for?

With my current pump profile i'm getting around 1.5 l/min

Associate
OCTO is a very powerful alternative at half the price, you can pick one up, some temp sensors and flow sensor for the same price as an Aquero :)

i use aquero LT so without the display they are the same price, the 5LT at £49.99 or the 6 is more at £90, but they allow chaining and adding more devices by the looks of it
iv not seen the OCTO before though, ill checkout some reviews when i get a chance

I bought one of these, really happy with it.

What sort of flow rate should I be looking for?

With my current pump profile i'm getting around 1.5 l/min

i try and aim for 1 gpm at my normal use, then ofc it increases as the temp rises by its self
i have an alarm setup for 0.8gpm so it if drops below then its clean out time

Soldato
i use aquero LT so without the display they are the same price, the 5LT at £49.99 or the 6 is more at £90, but they allow chaining and adding more devices by the looks of it
iv not seen the OCTO before though, ill checkout some reviews when i get a chance

i try and aim for 1 gpm at my normal use, then ofc it increases as the temp rises by its self
i have an alarm setup for 0.8gpm so it if drops below then its clean out time

The 5LT is a great bit of kit, though a bit old in the tooth, and isn't PWM. Fiver more from my source for AC parts too. I used to lust after the Aquero kit, but the OCTO for me is fab. I think we're going to see a marked upgrade in the next generation of Aquero, to reflect their impressive new products and technologies.

OCTO is PWM, with 8x 25w channels, total 100w, and can switch the fans on and off individually, with adjustable boost. Also has dedicated alarm output, flow input, 4x temp input, and 2x RGBpx outputs and AquaBus for connecting to an Aquero. Imports software sensors etc.

It's tiny too; half the size of an SSD, and much easier to mount.

For me it represents the most viable fan / temp controller on the market atm.

Associate
ill checkout a review, there must be a good reason for them to have bought out a second range, unless they plan to drop the LT in favour of the octo

Soldato
ill checkout a review, there must be a good reason for them to have bought out a second range, unless they plan to drop the LT in favour of the octo

I think it's a response to the range of fan controllers on the market; Commander Pro etc.

It doesn't feature AquaBus chaining like the Aquero, it runs off USB. But it's a neat, powerful, small package, that doesn't need heavy investment to leverage AC's wide range of peripherals, sensors and technologies. No need for seperate RGBpx controllers, pump controllers, fan splitters etc

It's self contained, so once set up it doesn't need software to run. Speaking of which , it leverages the most flexible, capable, and comprehensive control package on the planet (imo) AquaSuite. Something you're probably much more familiar with than me :)

I think the next Aquero will just be a big boy version with an optional screen. Way more RGBpx headers, perhaps more current per fan channel, more I/O, built in alarm, etc

Plus, the 5" bay is obsolete, everyone's turned to small, internally mounted controllers, and people are putting loops in mATX and ITX enclosures. They needed a more relevant product.

That being said, the AquaBus port means that you can purchase an Aquero later, and connect the OCTO/QUADRO to it as an expansions board.

Just my tuppence. I can't deny I'm bias :D

Last edited:
Associate
the LT is tiny and does not need a bay, granted not nice looking and a pain to mount, the octo looks far easier
good to hear it uses the same software, not having to run the software was one of the major plus for AC
its nice it can be chained from the aquero so its not a wasted device should you want more from a controller, i have a few i dont use anymore as i slowly outgrew them
i use 4 channels on my aquero to run 18 fans lol
i went for it originally as i was running high wattage fans and could not find another that could support them, now mine are all weak i can run loads off each channel, i just have them on 4 to cover areas of the case
the octo is the pwm fan extension for the aquero that is also a standalone, very cool
for that price it might be a nice add on to let me swap out some fans

just at the time one of my fans is failing, good time to find this out
thanks

Soldato
the LT is tiny and does not need a bay, granted not nice looking and a pain to mount, the octo looks far easier
good to hear it uses the same software, not having to run the software was one of the major plus for AC
its nice it can be chained from the aquero so its not a wasted device should you want more from a controller, i have a few i dont use anymore as i slowly outgrew them
i use 4 channels on my aquero to run 18 fans lol
i went for it originally as i was running high wattage fans and could not find another that could support them, now mine are all weak i can run loads off each channel, i just have them on 4 to cover areas of the case
the octo is the pwm fan extension for the aquero that is also a standalone, very cool
for that price it might be a nice add on to let me swap out some fans

just at the time one of my fans is failing, good time to find this out
thanks

Welcome dude. Big setup!! Nice to find fellow AC fans.

Mine isn't connected at the moment as I'm building a scratch case, so if you want photos or anything let me know. The Aquero for me, and many of their other products, are the pinnacle of pc hobby hardware; just awesome.

The OCTO is 76mm x 48mm x 17mm. The QUADRO is even smaller with 4 channels and a few less bits, cheaper too, so might be another option?

I need the 8 channels and extra features as the new build will run the following fan banks:

4x enclosure 140mm intake
3x enclosure 140mm exhaust
3x120mm main radiator
3x120mm exhaust radiator
2x120mm radiator
2xD5, own channels
2x120mm for chipset and storage

I'll also be running :
1x flow sensor
1x emergency shutdown output
4x temp sensors (ambient, water, exhaust, enclosure)
2x 90 addressable RGPpx LEDs.

That's all 8 channels used, and most of the IO. Most fabswill be off completely when not under load, then they'll kick in sequentially. For a tiny board at £50, it's quite impressive, to me at least.

Have you used one of their reservoirs? If so what did you think?

Considering one of the ones with a fill level we sor, but not sure if there's any point...

Last edited:
Associate
damm thats quite the setup
2 fans for chipset and storage? think im going to have to see some pics to follow that please

sadly no iv not used their rez, im still running a koolance RP-452X2, lets me pick between 1 and 2 loops, and how the pumps run within it
however its too small now, when you get all those rads up and running trying to get the air out its just not big enough to handle it :(

i prefer bay rez so i can see my water level and so i can see the water moving, also makes me remember to flush the system as i can see the water changing colour
i think the fill meter would be nice, but i dont see it being of much use, you will have a big enough rez so it can fill easy, it will have plenty of fluid to cover small air bubbles and since your not likely to be running the software having the alarm go off to tell me the tank has gone below X amount would likely mean i have a leak and i would either know before that alarm goes off or its too late anyway

its one of those things thats a cool feature that i would probably end up getting just because its there, im going to have to give up on the bay options anyway at some point i think, so iv been thinking of that or the monsoon
i bought a couple of 75ml rez to use for filling last time then just use quick disconnects to remove them from the case, and leave it running the bay only, on a small rez with a large loop i can see it having a use, iv prob lost 25% of my rez filling air pockets over the last year, so it would be handy when your looking at space saving and using a small rez

i have a lamptron CW611 in a bay which has 6 channels for fans or pumps etc, which i did love till i installed the AC software, its still there but just to show me the water temp and it did have a fan for the hdd's till i unplugged them, caused abit of a noise tunnel

im running 3x360 rads, 1x240 thick rad, 2 gpu blocks, cpu monoblock on 1 loop, really happy with it, apart from trying to fill and empty it
but my pride and joy is the case, iv spent more on the cooling on this build than the rest of my setup combined lol
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-d888wx-8pack-edition-atx-cube-case-black-ca-739-ll.html

i love cube cases, and this one letting me keep my bays while having a front rad is perfect, tho it could do with being slightly wider on the mobo side as my gpu block is touching the window, i got lucky on that, it never crossed my mind that it might not fit lol

Soldato
damm thats quite the setup
2 fans for chipset and storage? think im going to have to see some pics to follow that please

im running 3x360 rads, 1x240 thick rad, 2 gpu blocks, cpu monoblock on 1 loop, really happy with it, apart from trying to fill and empty it
but my pride and joy is the case, iv spent more on the cooling on this build than the rest of my setup combined lol
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-d888wx-8pack-edition-atx-cube-case-black-ca-739-ll.html

i love cube cases, and this one letting me keep my bays while having a front rad is perfect, tho it could do with being slightly wider on the mobo side as my gpu block is touching the window, i got lucky on that, it never crossed my mind that it might not fit lol

Wow mate, that's a lot of rad space! Big fan of cube cases myself. I ran small systems for a while, and the Corsair Carbide Air 240 was a real gem. That case you linked looks incredible; love the aesthetic, and the room for rads. Getting real CaseLabs vibes (RIP).

Would love to share some pics when I'm done. I've got about 80% of the parts, and I'm well under way, I live with chronic pain so projects can go very slow. It started with me wanting my rig in a cabinet under the desk, and it just... spiralled.

So I've 'built' a custom desk from off the shelf parts, about 2.2m long, with drawers and the aforementioned cabinet as well as some other storage. It's all on some very nice cushioned, low profile double castors. It slides out from the wall, leaving one heavy paperwork cabinet in place.

Front intake on the cabinet consists of ML140s wired together, with a locking 4 pin connector that plugs into a PCIE bracket, through to fan control. They're behind a bricky white grill, mounted to the door.

Temps are good but heat really accumulates in the top of the cabinet even though the back is quite open, so I'm adding a side exhaust at the top to vent it. That part is currently underway.

That's when it escalated. I wanted more case height as the Meshify C doesn't have room to connect to the VRM waterblock, and I couldn't find a case with the right dimensions for my cabinet.

It occurred to me that I didn't really need a case at all, I have the cabinet. So I'm planning a custom, open frame case. The design feeds air from the front intake, through the rads and out the exhaust. However the storage, some of the motherboard and the PSU could be a little starved of fresh air, and the design would mean they're quite far apart, hence the two fans.

The design is actually quite like a cube case, with the PSU and storage behind the motherboard.

There will be no internal filters, so I'm halfway through making a filter that snaps onto the back of the cabinet door fans, using magnets. Which simultaenously hides all the mounting hardware, and is easily removed for cleaning. I'm also doing the wiring and mounting for the exhaust fans, and working on a desk mounted power switch, which all connect to the same PCI-E bracket. I'm still drawing up the frame plans.

Anyway, sorry for the massive explanation, didn't know how to explain the need for those fans without the whole saga. :p

Limiting factors are how much pain I'm in, and being thoroughly skint! Pretty much everything has been off the MM, with the exception of some cheap China bits from eBay, it's been a bit of a scrapyard challenge.

Some pretty awesome chaps have offered to help with things I can't manage too, like laser cutting some plastic parts when the time comes etc.

Would love to see some pics of your build too fella.

Last edited:
Associate
its been quite some time since i cared about looks....

its certainly not a good looker lol
i gave up on looks and cable management some time back when i ended up with too much in a case, one of the reason i dont like case windows tbh

its apart on the other pics as im currently trying to work out how and where to fit a monsoon res that makes me happy

Ufk7GsR.jpg
Ufk7GsR

Soldato
Awesome, that's what I call a 'proper' PC, all those front bays with goodies; hot swaps, fan control, and an actual DVD-RW. Love it.

We have oddly similar taste fella, I too am running ZMT with EK nickel fittings. Is that 16/10mm?

You inspired me today, so I carried on with my 420 magnetic filter; thanks :D

Associate
yep they are 16/10 rotary where able to
i have about 1 bay free down the bottom
the top two have tubing and cables so they cant be used
the bottom still has a hdd hotswap bay with 3 drives, they are just not plugged in anymore, i dont need them tbh, but i struggle to throw things away, and they are all atleast 3tb all full of crap lol
same with the dvd drive, not plugged in, but on occation iv been asked to move stuff to a usb drive for people so its handy to have kicking around

good luck with your filters, i got rid of all my magnetic ones sine they wont stick to this case lol
iv bought a dyson with the little brush attachment cleans them all really well for regular use, i still use the paintbrush for better cleans, also picked up the xpower blower https://www.overclockers.co.uk/it-d...uster-and-vacuum-suck-and-blow-kb-004-id.html
i only use it as a blower, i highly recommend it
those two just let me give it a 2 minute clean when im in the mood lol

Soldato
yep they are 16/10 rotary where able to
i have about 1 bay free down the bottom
the top two have tubing and cables so they cant be used
the bottom still has a hdd hotswap bay with 3 drives, they are just not plugged in anymore, i dont need them tbh, but i struggle to throw things away, and they are all atleast 3tb all full of crap lol
same with the dvd drive, not plugged in, but on occation iv been asked to move stuff to a usb drive for people so its handy to have kicking around

good luck with your filters, i got rid of all my magnetic ones sine they wont stick to this case lol
iv bought a dyson with the little brush attachment cleans them all really well for regular use, i still use the paintbrush for better cleans, also picked up the xpower blower https://www.overclockers.co.uk/it-d...uster-and-vacuum-suck-and-blow-kb-004-id.html
i only use it as a blower, i highly recommend it
those two just let me give it a 2 minute clean when im in the mood lol

Yeah I really don't like any manufacturers filters. This is a wooden frame with around 8 neodymium magnets, and it located in such a way it cant move. One step in a long process :) All ready for a finishing filler, prep and paint.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Back
Top Bottom