Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Which would be absolutely hilarious and should cement the Pep being a cheque book manager theories.

Not sure thats a theory at all. He has either had the best squad in the league and added to it to maintain that or he has spent money like its going out of fashion. Still a top manager but I can't think of any teams he has managed that didn't have the best squad in their league and usually by a distance.

Soldato
Not sure thats a theory at all. He has either had the best squad in the league and added to it to maintain that or he has spent money like its going out of fashion. Still a top manager but I can't think of any teams he has managed that didn't have the best squad in their league and usually by a distance.

Well quite. He took over a title winning team and spent an absolute tonne and still their defence is average.

Soldato
Will there ever be a summer transfer window where Utd have all their transfer business done in a couple of weeks and NONE of it is protracted? If the stories are true about Woodward not doing any other transfers until Sancho is done or struck off, we could start the season with no new additions... :(

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well quite. He took over a title winning team and spent an absolute tonne and still their defence is average.

Hes never been in a league with the general quality of the PL and he has never had to worry about defence that much in the past. I don't think he knows how to create a solid defensive unit beyond buying a load of quality defenders and sticking them on the pitch.

Associate
Willian confirmed
Decent player and gives the squad depth. Wages look a little on the high side but I guess if you've not paid a fee then there's more wiggle room.

For what it's worth, I think it's quite a shrewd signing. Anyone saying he's too old, take note of what Santi Cazorla has done. Despite suffering career ending injuries and being mid 30's, he played so well, Spain called him back into the national squad.

Soldato
Decent player and gives the squad depth. Wages look a little on the high side but I guess if you've not paid a fee then there's more wiggle room.

For what it's worth, I think it's quite a shrewd signing. Anyone saying he's too old, take note of what Santi Cazorla has done. Despite suffering career ending injuries and being mid 30's, he played so well, Spain called him back into the national squad.

The "fee" you havent paid has more then likely gone to him though.

Soldato
Did Chelsea even try and keep Willian? If not that's a bit of a strange one, he always looked dangerous for them.

Good signing for Arsenal either way.

Yeah according to sources but would only offer 2 years vs the 3 he wanted. At least it will give Hudson-odoi more of a chance this year?

Soldato
Glad willian is confirmed he finished the season strongly after covid restart and despite his age has a great injury free record pretty much.

I think this is the end for lacazette

Auba back to upfront with willian as a number 10 i reckon

Lets see if partey and coutinho follow

Soldato
Glad willian is confirmed he finished the season strongly after covid restart and despite his age has a great injury free record pretty much.

I think this is the end for lacazette

Auba back to upfront with willian as a number 10 i reckon

Lets see if partey and coutinho follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom