Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I imagine he's on a pretty penny though.

Im assuming its for homegrown reasons.
I’m not so sure he’s on anything like he was in his City days. If he is third choice, and I doubt he had loads of offers he may ‘only’ be on £30-50k a week, perhaps even less as a third choice goalie. For us, a fortune. For a Premier League player at what should be a top six club, a relatively average wage.

Don
Lloris is a good keeper. People don’t understand the territory that comes with teams playing high lines and sweeper keepers. They are generally going to make mistakes, it’s the way they are asked to play, not their choice id assume.

You have keepers like Oblak, de Gea of old etc who have played traditionally, shot stopping, no need to run out, no need to worry about distribution etc. It makes them look great.

Neuer was the first high profile GK of his kind for that style of play, many a time he was made to look an idiot because of his positioning but the benefits usually outweigh the mistakes.

Caporegime
Can't say I recall him making too many mistakes because a team is playing a high line, he makes mistakes because he's not very good. That being said he's made plenty so no doubt some will be down to the way the team plays, in which case he shouldn't be playing if he's incapable. That of course is partially on the manager, but it's still mostly his fault if he comes rushing out recklessly all the time. He doesn't learn.

The odd wonder save here and there don't erase some of the worst mistakes I can remember in recent times, trying to take players on whilst on his own goal line and the likes. He's not even top 10 in the league imo.

Last edited:
Don
Can't say I recall him making too many mistakes because a team is playing a high line, he makes mistakes because he's not very good. That being said he's made plenty so no doubt some will be down to the way the team plays, in which case he shouldn't be playing if he's incapable. That of course is partially on the manager, but it's still mostly his fault if he comes rushing out recklessly all the time. He doesn't learn.

The odd wonder save here and there don't erase some of the worst mistakes I can remember in recent times, trying to take players on whilst on his own goal line and the likes. He's not even top 10 in the league imo.

Put the likes of Pope, Henderson etc in a top 6 team and watch the mistakes happen. It’s completely different when a team play a pressing, high line game which the majority of the top teams do.

Caporegime
Put the likes of Pope, Henderson etc in a top 6 team and watch the mistakes happen. It’s completely different when a team play a pressing, high line game which the majority of the top teams do.

Would we though? Who is to say those keepers can't play that style? Stick Lloris in Sheff Uniteds team and id assume he would make the same sort of monumental brain meltdown mistakes as he does at Tottenham, because that's exactly the sort of keeper he is.

We will find out soon enough as Pope may well go to Chelsea and Henderson is destined for Man United's first team providing he has another solid season.

Don
Would we though? Who is to say those keepers can't play that style? Stick Lloris in Sheff Uniteds team and id assume he would make the same sort of monumental brain meltdown mistakes as he does at Tottenham, because that's exactly the sort of keeper he is.

We will find out soon enough as Pope may well go to Chelsea and Henderson is destined for Man United's first team providing he has another solid season.

Lloris wouldn’t as all he would have to worry about is shot stopping and hoofing it. No coming out of his area etc. That would be his orders.

Soldato

I don't think he's saying they can't play that style, just that its far easier to make mistakes playing a sweeper keeper, there's far more decision making going on than just sitting in your 6 yard area and saving shots, collecting crosses and closing down 1 on 1's

Caporegime
Lloris wouldn’t as all he would have to worry about is shot stopping and hoofing it. No coming out of his area etc. That would be his orders.

Those orders aren't going to stop him making handling gaffs, or as I alluded to above trying to take players on. His head goes, that's his problem.

I don't think he's saying they can't play that style, just that its far easier to make mistakes playing a sweeper keeper, there's far more decision making going on than just sitting in your 6 yard area and saving shots, collecting crosses and closing down 1 on 1's

As I said we will very likely soon see.

Don
Those orders aren't going to stop him making handling gaffs, or as I alluded to above trying to take players on. His head goes, that's his problem.

As I said we will very likely soon see.

https://twitter.com/jhdharrison1/status/1227957248099569664?s=21

I think the above counts for a lot of opinions on here of late. Person watches a game and sees an error “he’s ****”, another person remembers this and jumps on the bandwagon.

This place used to be a lot more balanced for opinions, I guess this what happens when 95% of the place supports Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal. No one here to defend the other team’s players.

Caporegime
https://twitter.com/jhdharrison1/status/1227957248099569664?s=21

I think the above counts for a lot of opinions on here of late. Person watches a game and sees an error “he’s ****”, another person remembers this and jumps on the bandwagon.

This place used to be a lot more balanced for opinions, I guess this what happens when 95% of the place supports Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal. No one here to defend the other team’s players.

And he also makes more mistakes leading to goals than anyone else.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/25/hugo-lloris-much-problem-becoming-tottenham/

And a quote as it's behind a paywall

Over the past three seasons, Lloris is the most error-prone of any Premier League goalkeeper having made 10 mistakes that have led to goals. Last term was by far and away the worst, with five mistakes resulting in goals

And another

https://www.90min.com/posts/6564399...to-goals-in-the-last-5-premier-league-seasons

He's sixth on the all-time rankings for errors leading to goals, and there's still plenty of time for the Tottenham star to take top spot.

Your rant then borders on the ridiculous, considering I don't support any of those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom