**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
It's a personal thing really with a case, I bought the Samsung Protective Standing Cover in silver and it goes well with the silver camera bump, also the bump is slightly sunk in so well protected and doesn't rock when its flat on a table, I do take the case off when I can at home in a safe environment though, just to admire it ;)

Soldato

Just more of that Exynos vs Snapdragon fuel on the fire :D

He does swap their cooling systems but seems there isn't much difference between the copper and graphite coolers.

Associate
Was ready to upgrade my Note 9 this generation, but whatever I get in the future isn't going to be Samsung. Struggle to see how any business could justify this practice of giving select markets a better device, but charging top prices everywhere, other than it meaning more cash in the shareholders pockets of course!

Caporegime
OP
Was ready to upgrade my Note 9 this generation, but whatever I get in the future isn't going to be Samsung. Struggle to see how any business could justify this practice of giving select markets a better device, but charging top prices everywhere, other than it meaning more cash in the shareholders pockets of course!
Same boat and completely agree. It's odd as I love getting the latest and greatest but now I have sorted my Note 9 - I am having a second renascence with it :p.
I'm just halfway through watching that. Ouch.
Hahaha - not watched yet, worth putting in the OP lol?

Associate
Same boat and completely agree. It's odd as I love getting the latest and greatest but now I have sorted my Note 9 - I am having a second renascence with it :p.

Hahaha - not watched yet, worth putting in the OP lol?

I often get the itch to upgrade but these days I usually just relfash the OS on it, give it a good clean and it feels like a new phone again :D

Exynos has always been an issue but it seems more apparent this year, hopefully Samsung just accept their chips are not good enough and pull the plug on it/leave it for their less expensive devices.

Soldato
You can but apparently some features don't work.

I have one on the way from a seller in the states, Although it seems to be an Asian model as they say they'll include an American plug adaptor.

£836 delivered via FedEx, although pretty guaranteed I'll get stung for import tax.

(Figured £830 Note or £1800 fold 2.As good as the Fold looks £1000 more is hard to justify.)

Due Tuesday so I'll let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think majority are Hong Kong models, although you can also get South Korean ones too since they started putting Snapdragon into those from this year.

Associate
I have one on the way from a seller in the states, Although it seems to be an Asian model as they say they'll include an American plug adaptor.

£836 delivered via FedEx, although pretty guaranteed I'll get stung for import tax.

(Figured £830 Note or £1800 fold 2.As good as the Fold looks £1200 more is hard to justify.)

Yeah it will be interesting to see how you go.

Man of Honour

(Figured £830 Note or £1800 fold 2.As good as the Fold looks £1200 more is hard to justify.)

Mine was around the same by FedEx also and coming Tuesday. Hope everything works fine.

Associate
Very tempted with this phone. Have the XS Max at the moment and fancy a change but finding android phones a bit of a mine field (probably because I have been reading reddit too much) every phone seems to have something wrong with it. Would like some sane views on the phone.

Is the exynos really all that bad?
How’s the battery for you guys?

reddit is just full of hatred towards everything lol

Associate
Very tempted with this phone. Have the XS Max at the moment and fancy a change but finding android phones a bit of a mine field (probably because I have been reading reddit too much) every phone seems to have something wrong with it. Would like some sane views on the phone.

Is the exynos really all that bad?
How’s the battery for you guys?

reddit is just full of hatred towards everything lol

I went from the 11 pro max that i've had for the last year to this phone, performance wise it's been great, co complaints it's still really fast even though its the exyonus. Also the camera is excellent, battery life though isn't as good as my iphone, although i am using it a lot at the moment as I've been off work so I need to charge before the day is out. Fast charging though is excellent so it doesn't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom