Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
This is a screenshot I have taken from a post on Wccftech (I know, take with a massive pinch of salt!):

reference.png

So the question would appear to be - which AIB manufacturers might be using this reference board?

Soldato
This sucks tbh, i really wanted a FE card this time round as in general they're more of a gem to have but it seems there's less block support for the card this time. You guys are right though, NDA needs to lift so we can see which cards which fit which boards. I really don't wanna end up paying over £700 for a card that im only gonna block, seems a waste. On the plus note though on EK's website it doesn't say the blocks aren't coming, it just says "coming soon" which shows promise...

Associate
I really want the fe card too. Not sure I want to be waiting ages for a compatible water block. Also would really like to know the size of these cards with a water block fitted because the 3090 will not fit with the stock cooler on without major modifications to my loop.

Soldato
I think a lot of people are going to get caught out by this, buying FE cards with the intention of water cooling then discovering they're not reference PCBs.

I've no doubt someone will make blocks for the FE card boards but they won't be plentiful.

Permabanned
I think a lot of people are going to get caught out by this, buying FE cards with the intention of water cooling then discovering they're not reference PCBs.

I've no doubt someone will make blocks for the FE card boards but they won't be plentiful.
Yup thats why I tagged Gibbo to add thsis information to the GPU section so people are not screevd over I was planning to buy FE or Inno3d now Ill grab ANY card I can !!!

Soldato
OP
I think I still want an FE card, there’s a chance I’d go back to air at some point and I like the design. Also the smaller pcb might work if I downsize cases too but keep watercooling. Just need some clarity on fe blocks. :D

Associate
Yea was looking to buy a Founders card thi time round for the better silicon since I'm going to throw a block on it. I don't plan on building until AMD's Zen 3 comes out any way but I doubt we'll see "founders" blocks in that short a time frame. Perhaps I'm wrong...always something holding up a build :p

Soldato
It's confirmed, Alphacool has also replied to me and are not sure when the FE blocks will be out. I was surprised to see that they were surprised by this as well...

I wonder if in all of this, Nvidia might be bringing out their own waterblocks for the FE cards? It's not unlikely since they took up the selling of their own cards awhile back so it kinda makes sense they might be doing the same with the blocks for their "own" cards with their own designs?

FoIzCW2.png

Associate
Very glad that I found this thread, I had been planning on picking up a founders edition this time until I realised it is not a reference design. Looks like the waterblock makers have been surprised by this too!

They should post this information in the main Graphics card page as a sticky, I expect it will generate a lot more sales for OCUK from those of us looking to block the cards.

Soldato
Okay so conventionally the manifold for each block is in the center of the block, however due to the 12pin connector being there instead this now requires a work around for the blocks to work. Thats my take from this anyway, take it as you will.

Associate
Okay so conventionally the manifold for each block is in the center of the block, however due to the 12pin connector being there instead this now requires a work around for the blocks to work. Thats my take from this anyway, take it as you will.

The power connector is well clear of the manifolds.
IO2yuZw.jpg.png

uGaTYd5.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
The power connector is well clear of the manifolds.
IO2yuZw.jpg.png

uGaTYd5.jpg.png
Is the layout of the VRAM chips the same from the 3080 and 3090 even though there's a difference in GB? That alphacool block has the layout for a 3080 with the single chip at the bottom, I presume it's the same for the 3090 too?

Associate
I think I'll end up just buy an Aorus Xtreme now and slapping a waterblock on it when able to do so. Seems like the better power delivery on top end AIB cards makes up for whatever draw back in silicon from what I'm reading up on, though I'm sure evga would likely be the better choice in that regard.

Either way its taken away cash nvidia could have got direct and also cost me another £150 lol.

Back
Top Bottom