Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
Nope, though mine is hidden truth be told anyways in my build the card is in.

Now if I could see the backplate would consider it. Slightly cheeky though and easy way for EK to get more money. Would have been cool to see 4 options. Current two, then Black + black BP and silver + Silver BP, so people can buy one they want off the bat and save themselves £50 or so.

Soldato
Guess I’m one of the few that actually likes silver with a black backplate. Although if I had the black I would want a black bp too.

Anyway I switched out the EK thermal pads with the thermalright 12.8 pads. During nicehash there was a 4 degree improvement. 280W @ 105 MH/s the memory maxed at 66 degrees with 26 degrees ambient temp.

Not worth it imo considering you need at least 2 sets (£13 each) just for the back.

Associate
Has there been any news on active back plates for the 3090FE water block? My mem junction temps have improved by 30c over the air cooler but I would still like to see them lower than 76c whilst the card is mining.

Associate
Has there been any news on active back plates for the 3090FE water block? My mem junction temps have improved by 30c over the air cooler but I would still like to see them lower than 76c whilst the card is mining.

The last I saw was a comment from Joe Robey on Facebook along the lines of they were having a hard time improving temps to a meaningful amount over the hybrid back plate! I’m sure they’ll find a solution soon enough.

Soldato
EK has an active backplate solution. Alternatively look at MP5WORKS

Talking about the EK Founders edition block. Said 3090FE block already has a hybrid approach which brings temps well into reasonable range IMO as water cools the bottom part of the backplate. EK is saying going a full blown active approach like they are seeing with other models is not netting a massive gain over the 3090FE hybrid approach.

Associate
I took my Alphacool Aurora apart today to clean it out. That was a stressful experience! I got a leak due to a slightly misaligned o-ring, but thank goodness I checked over the sink before installing. I stripped it apart again, dried everything (my wife came looking for her hair dryer .... I did not realise that was a forbidden item), and then very carefully reinstalled. All good.

Not related to the GPU water block but I also cleaned out the CPU block. I wish I could work out how to paste a photo, but it had a lot of gunk in the fins!

Associate
Anyone with the Corsair 3090 FE block?
What are your temps like?
I cannot stand the look of the EK block and prefer the backplate of the Corsair over others (when someone gets it in stock)

Associate
Anyone with the Corsair 3090 FE block?
What are your temps like?
I cannot stand the look of the EK block and prefer the backplate of the Corsair over others (when someone gets it in stock)

Got it. It's not bad, and priced well. With a 30C water temp the GPU will be 40 when using at or just below 400W (I used thermal grizzly instead of the pre applied paste). The pre installed thermal pads make life easy, although I do want to change them to something better. I've got the Mp5works bpc on the back of mine, that has memory junction temps at around 54 when gaming, or up to 74 if I let it mine which I started recently. I think that the stock thermal pads are limiting transfer to the bpc.

I think the backplate on the Corsair is really nice, which is fine as I have it mounted horizontally. The front is pretty ugly though imo.

Associate
S0Q445M.jpg

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090 Founders Edition with Backplate installed (what a mouthful of a name..)
Works incredibly well and it fits inside the Lian Li O11 :)

Associate
No sagging issues for me on the Alphacool block either. To be honest I can't think of any watercooled card that has sagged. Possibly due to the metal blocks and backplate making the card so rigid.

Man of Honour
I got my Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC installed yesterday and am currently testing it before sticking the block on. I am wondering whether to bother though as it's so quiet. The fan is off when below 50 degrees C and even with Timespy extreme looped the card only hit 72 degrees and the fans barely ramped up and it was hot yesterday too. I went through the trouble of getting a block from China (Bykski N-GV3070GMOC-X) so I may as well fit it and hope that even cooler temps will let the card boost higher and for longer. The block cost me £92 and came with a nice metal backplate, LED's and lead to control from the motherboard, additional LED hub and remote and a FE to 2x 8 pin power adaptor (remove the cooler and the card has Nvidia's 12 pin socket).

Back
Top Bottom