Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
But what if they buy one of those cards and no waterblock is compatible because they've moved some caps around, or something.
Judging by what information we've gathered in here, there should be some available in due time. If you want a blockable card now though the AIB cards are the way to go. I'd check back at the EK configurator regularly to see which cards will fit which blocks, use that as a basis for other blocks as well like Alphacool, heatkiller etc.

Associate
From Alphacool -

Okay since the presentation is done we can talk open now. All the blocks and AIO,s for the new 30XX series are produced already. We will go online with the products as soon we got the info about the compability with the different manufacturers. This time there are unusual number of manufacturers who want to come to the market at the same time with the graphics cards. PNY, Colorful, INNO3D, EVGA, MSI, Asus, Gainward and Gigabyte have announced the cards already. So we have to wait a week longer i am affraid
and
We are trying to go online with the blocks by the end of next week. Before the graphics cards are available on the market.

Associate
If thats the case, this changes things. Those who want an alphacool block will be able to choose which card they want to fit for a particular block.
Very interesting! Will keep an eye out at the end of next week.
Likewise. Those posts I quoted were both posted on the official Alphacool forums this Thursday just gone, so fingers crossed!

Soldato
Likewise. Those posts I quoted were both posted on the official Alphacool forums this Thursday just gone, so fingers crossed!
Ah okay in that case we should be expecting something at the end of this week then. Even better! Thanks for the news

Historically EVGA have honoured warranty on repasted or blocked cards, it's fairly well known.
This is good to know, making EVGA cards more of an attractive proposition. Just comes down to pricing, i know EVGA is usually more expensive than most.

Soldato
OP
Im hoping for more official FE block announcements before the 17th. I want FE but what happens if they all come out and say we tried, but there’s some issue with mounting a block on it.... I suppose sell it and buy a supported card is the answer.

Soldato
Im hoping for more official FE block announcements before the 17th. I want FE but what happens if they all come out and say we tried, but there’s some issue with mounting a block on it.... I suppose sell it and buy a supported card is the answer.
if this happens there will be an uproar, we'll riot and throw sign posts saying FE Cards Matter TOO!

Soldato
Well they not mentioned any FE blocks so cant hold them for Word at all atm

Disappointing isn't it, still over a week to go yet so hopefully something comes soon.

I just got an offer from someone to buy my rtx 2080 for £390... don't know whether to jump on it...

Associate
well it's a bit of grey area for all graphics cards. Question is how easy to remove the heatsink and revert the process in case of warranty

my previous card was EVGA and they was more than happy to deal with warranty when I had changed the cooler. Wasn’t sure how nvidia viewed it.

Back
Top Bottom