• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
will my modular Super flower 650w gold PSU need replacing for 3070/3080 models?
It only has 3700x, M.2 drive, 500gb ssd drive and a 1tb mechanical drive connected too it?

I hope it will because I have an EVGA P2 650w with an R5 3600, M2 drive and a 1.5tb HDD. I'm thinking that a RTX3080 is the way to go. In theory, a 650w PSU should be able to power this setup, although it would have to be a good quality PSU (I think ours qualify) and it'll be "earning it's keep".

Associate
@Gibbo asked before but dont think you answered at the time but its ok as im sure you were getting plenty of questions just wanted to know if yous plan on stocking the white variant if the kfa2 rtx 3080 and 3090 cards thanks

Soldato
How can i be sure if i pay tommorow to nvidia by credit card,i will get my card to max 48h?

I'll tell you right now from experience if it's in stock it'll probably take 72 working hrs to be delivered. You'll probably wait over a day for it to be shipped and this is when not during new releases for Nvidia. So don't expect next day etc, if you are ordering an FE it may take a bit longer.

Associate
how would I do that? my hard drives live beside my motherboard, so even if I removed case, probably won't help me. my case dimensions are 235 mm x 535 mm x 550 mm (W x H x D)
Think the 3080's are atleast about 300 mm in width?

Soldato
I already have about 3 or 4 pages ago, create a dummy order, then create a new account in the top right hand corner where it asks you to log in. When you fill all your details in, click continue checkout (won't charge you) and then you have a chance to back out of the order on the next page

Thanks.

Associate
Thinking of upgrading from a 2070S, can get the Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC for £650, is the MSI gaming X worth an extra £100? I've bought lower end coolers before and regretted it. Current 2070S is the ROG Strix cooler and it's very quiet and very potent.

Associate
Thinking of upgrading from a 2070S, can get the Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC for £650, is the MSI gaming X worth an extra £100? I've bought lower end coolers before and regretted it. Current 2070S is the ROG Strix cooler and it's very quiet and very potent.

There just doesn't seem to be the info out there on the AIB cards yet. This is a nice video to see the comparisons on size etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdLyOnjvwg

Interesting to note that the FE has a fan stop function. Maybe it will be standard across all of the cards?

Associate

Even without reviews I expect the Gaming X to be a far better card than the entry level Gigabyte cards. The fans are significantly larger on the MSI card so will be able to spin slower for better sound and cooling performance.

For the air cooled 2080 Ti cards the Gaming X and ROG Strix had very well balanced performance. It's up to you if you think it's worth the extra £100s

I bet, good choice, I never skimp on the PSU, this one cost me about 130, Seasonic 850 gold, Had the Corsair ax 650 before this which was still running after 7 years decided to retire it lol, Incidentally the ax series used seasonic components too hence the reliability ;)
Any recommendations for a 850w PSU? Was going to go for a Corsair 80+ gold one (TX850M). Should I be considering any others? I didn't realise how expensive PSUs are, crazy...

Associate
Any recommendations for a 850w PSU? Was going to go for a Corsair 80+ gold one (TX850M). Should I be considering any others? I didn't realise how expensive PSUs are, crazy...

Yeah for a decent one you'll have to stump up a bit more but in truth will save you the headache in the long run, Much better power delivery, less ripple, stable voltages, Not sure about the recent Corsair's but the Seasonic I have has a 10 yr warranty, Pretty much speaks volumes for the the quality of the components, not sure about others.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Even without reviews I expect the Gaming X to be a far better card than the entry level Gigabyte cards. The fans are significantly larger on the MSI card so will be able to spin slower for better sound and cooling performance.

For the air cooled 2080 Ti cards the Gaming X and ROG Strix had very well balanced performance. It's up to you if you think it's worth the extra £100s
What you buying mate? :)

Associate
How is it going to work tomorrow? If you order will it be delivered the next day? Should be right since they are actually released tomorrow?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom