• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did anyone get the FE version? Anyone?

Soldato
Quite a few of the TUF reviews, including the Hardware Unboxed one, are for the OC model. This is more expensive than the FE, especially on the sites inflating the price way above RRP.

Associate
Remember that temperatures in reviews are going to differ based on having different test setups and ambient temperatures.

Unless an FE and AIB card are tested in the same rig and environment, they results cannot be directly compared, and neither can the results for the same card in two different test setups.

Also to point out again, a triple slot cooler most surely should be a lot better than a dual slot one, if you can fit one in your case then it may be a no-brainer to go for one, but if you cant as is the case for most ITX builds, then the FE is the only suitable option.

Associate
Around about 4pm I managed to get one in cart. I was randomly checking the site and it showed the buy button. The card when into my cart. I clicked checkout. The button changed to checking out... And that was it. Never checked out....

Associate
True.
Not trolling. I did say "make it more difficult" :). Not impossible and of course different addresses, emails etc can be used but also opens the door to failure points that way. Maybe NV also checks IP address too, we just don't know. Can work around too of course. But even a captcha might not work if a call to a single end point to place the actual order is all what's needed. Ordering on the NV website is rather basic.

Gibbo made a statement about it and it Seemed OCUK was also affected by Bots.

"es I hinted thinking it would help, but when we put prices up as hinted everyone still was upset.
The problem is we expect big demand, but the demand was insane and also just like NVIDIA we had BOT scripts trying and placing orders too, thankfully we spotted many and they were deleted but then our site went down and in short made us blind, stock ETA's, pricing updates all got delayed and glitches. Hence people missing out on MSRP price etc."

Associate
I was actually surprised when I saw TUF reviews. It seems to be a really good card, almost no reason to buy a Strix. I did go for the Gaming X Trio though due to the 1815mhz out of the box clocks. It also seems to be a really really good card. Overall I think all manufacturers put in the effort to make good cards this time due to how much the FE cards have improved.

Back
Top Bottom