• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 231 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Exclusive or not, this surely means the games will be included in GP, which reinforces my decision to go Xbox this time as a Western RPG machine.

No fan boying here, nor smugness, but it looks like I’ll be happy with my decision.

Soldato
I think that makes sense. I'm not a fan of the whole exclusives thing no matter what side you sit on. I'd hate someone to get locked out of playing a game they want because they cant or dont want to buy two consoles/pc.

Same here.

I wouldn't be hugely shocked if they continue to publish on PlayStation TBH. For Microsoft, it's likely enough to have the games on Game Pass.

Soldato
Didn't they purchase Minecraft and continue to release on PS? If they didn't release multi format then they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Would be missing a massive user base. Quite the acquisition

Associate
Didn't they purchase Minecraft and continue to release on PS? If they didn't release multi format then they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Would be missing a massive user base. Quite the acquisition

Minecraft was already out on PS though.

Either way they get Game Pass subs increasing by added them to Game Pass and potentially rake in £70 from every PS sale.

Or they make them exclusive and hope the IPs are strong enough to get people to buy a Xbox and Gamepass.

Win win I think

Soldato
Minecraft was already out on PS though.

Either way they get Game Pass subs increasing by added them to Game Pass and potentially rake in £70 from every PS sale.

Or they make them exclusive and hope the IPs are strong enough to get people to buy a Xbox and Gamepass.

Win win I think
I think this is how they'll play it. Even if there's a delay in getting it on PS. They're clearly happy to release new Minecraft games everywhere plus older exclusives like Ori and Cuphead on the Switch. Software sale is a sale.

Associate
I think this is how they'll play it. Even if there's a delay in getting it on PS. They're clearly happy to release new Minecraft games everywhere plus older exclusives like Ori and Cuphead on the Switch. Software sale is a sale.

And ultimately, Microsoft is a software company!

Associate
Effectively, this could be amazing PR if Xbox follow the "good for the consumer line" and keep the games multiplatform - PS5 owners are no worse off (they'd still have to pay for the games like they would have before), but Xbox owners get the game for free.

Effectively, the only people that could possibly moan are fanboys!

Caporegime
Man, if those titles get put straight on gamepass.....well that is a big coup for Microsoft.

Makes getting an X Series even more exciting.

Soldato
Maybe MS will allow multi platform but only though game pass on a Playstation :eek:

Of course hell will have frozen over :p

I expect the "Apple Problem" would rear its head pretty quickly there; Sony would allow Game Pass, but would want a cut of the monthly revenue.

Given Microsoft refused to push forward with xCloud on iOS in those circumstances, I expect it won't happen on PS either.

Caporegime
So tomorrow morning, i am hoping that the finance applications will slow everyone down , considering many will likely be opting for the monthly deal.

I am good to go with my xbox credit for the MS Store and paying upfront :D

Is it 8am everywhere?

Associate
I woudl have agreed, but with their push into things like Surface, laptops, tablets, full PC, Phones, and doubling down on Xbox hard ware. Theirs isnt much they dont make hardware wise now.

Still a tiny fraction of their business that compliments most of their software/services.

Its semantics anyway!

Back
Top Bottom