• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Sure after a week or so, but thats not whats been happening. We get an update then get left in the dark.

Don't get me wrong, not ripping my hair out over this but I feel CS would even benefit from less people phoning up bc gibbo has a break

here is the thing though people will still ring customer service though I doubt even putting daily or hourly update on here would change that fact they could post on Facebook Twitter heck even on the store page and they would still have the same amount ring up maybe less forum members will ring but I bet not even 5% of orders are regularly on this forum

Associate
Sure after a week or so, but thats not whats been happening. We get an update then get left in the dark.

Don't get me wrong, not ripping my hair out over this but I feel CS would even benefit from less people phoning up bc gibbo has a break
Oh I’m sure it would free up some CS time. I suppose, I just don’t think updates saying “no stock received today” will be beneficial to their communications. I do understand your point though, some communication is better than none.

Associate
He doesn't post randomly.

He posts when he has an update to share with us.

Shock.
I should have clarified more what I meant there

He doesn't update us CONSISTENTLY. It would be nice to have say, a mid day update just saying "no update".

2 seconds to write, saves a hell of a lot of trouble

Associate
here is the thing though people will still ring customer service though I doubt even putting daily or hourly update on here would change that fact they could post on Facebook Twitter heck even on the store page and they would still have the same amount ring up maybe less forum members will ring but I bet not even 5% of orders are regularly on this forum

Any help is help. I phone CS to ask about cancellations last week and the guy sounded ******* dead inside.

If typing out less than 10 letters and clicking send can stop 5% of traffic id say thats pretty good

Associate
Oh I’m sure it would free up some CS time. I suppose, I just don’t think updates saying “no stock received today” will be beneficial to their communications. I do understand your point though, some communication is better than none.
I agree if it was daily or **** it would become pointless, but if your last stock update is "we don't have any clue" its better than "we have some cards tomorrow" and then enver mentioning them again

Associate
I ordered a specific card KNOWING it would be less popular and SHOULD have increased my chances of getting it SOONER, but now people can hop queues and negate my foresight? This is ridiculous. If you want your reputation bombed, this kind of **** is how you do it @Gibbo

This is not how the queue was designed for the demand - even though i agree with the point.

Specifically, this is also how most AIB's are running their queues directly. A friend ordered direct with a manufacturer, swapped cards and got less demanded card earlier because of their order time.

What OCUK maybe should have done is not taken so many preorders, and limited it to actually perceived availability and done orders in batches / on-sale dates for batches they actually knew were coming.

Associate
If all this queue jumping is real, I'm going to lose my ******* mind, everyone will just hop into ASUS TUF OC orders due to small queue in comparison, I'm proper ****** like proper ******. This all better be CAP. OCUKs are about to catch a fade

One the one hand i fully support your opinion. However on the other hand, given that you are a USA customer, taking our UK allocated stock. I am completely indifferent to your woes.

Associate
I should have clarified more what I meant there

He doesn't update us CONSISTENTLY. It would be nice to have say, a mid day update just saying "no update".

2 seconds to write, saves a hell of a lot of trouble
There are no consistent stock allocations. That's the problem at the moment.

He should not have to take time out of his day to tell impatient people something that already know.

Get a grip.

Associate
Ooh. Source? All I saw so far today was this.
I've seen the stores being updated for the US the ASUS Store was update a few hours ago and a few new sites have recently been updated with the 3080 that wasn't there before + there was a mysterious post from ASUS last night stating today's date + ASUS US rep has said 'week commencing 29th'

TrM

TrM

Associate
This is not how the queue was designed for the demand - even though i agree with the point.

Specifically, this is also how most AIB's are running their queues directly. A friend ordered direct with a manufacturer, swapped cards and got less demanded card earlier because of their order time.

What OCUK maybe should have done is not taken so many preorders, and limited it to actually perceived availability and done orders in batches / on-sale dates for batches they actually knew were coming.

i persoanlly think it’s how overclockers leverage stock. When u have the USA giants chains and much bigger chains in the uk all trying to buy stock you need capital or a way to show you have the most demand to get the larger stock Allocation. When stores can drops 10s of millions of stock how can someone like overclockers compete? Can they realistically do the same without massive preorders ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom