• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
but why bother wasting time on that? If theres an update you'll be updated..
Because not doing it makes most people think that there might be an update that's not being shared in order not to upset the customers.
(Jojo mode) And you will say now: "But that's ridiculous! Only a fool would think that way!"
And I'll tell you that yes, perhaps, but people are fools. A person is intelligent, people are fools. Giving consistent updates even when to juts say there's no update is basic customer service practice, honed after decades of previous companies with better experience in keeping the customers happy.

Soldato
here is the thing though people will still ring customer service though I doubt even putting daily or hourly update on here would change that fact they could post on Facebook Twitter heck even on the store page and they would still have the same amount ring up maybe less forum members will ring but I bet not even 5% of orders are regularly on this forum

100%
I wonder if CS are pointing people to the forum threads? Not this once mind you there are too many food analogies :D

I have only ever called CS once in my time using OCUK and that was for a return. I have always used the forum for info or the customer services thread.
What a time to be an OCUK CS agent.

Associate
There are no consistent stock allocations. That's the problem at the moment.

He should not have to take time out of his day to tell impatient people something that already know.

Get a grip.
You don need to
There are no consistent stock allocations. That's the problem at the moment.

He should not have to take time out of his day to tell impatient people something that already know.

Get a grip.

Get a grip on what lol? I'm not demanding he does it, maybe me capitalising **** and cursing makes you think I'm triggered by them not updating.

Id like an update tho yeah, but not gonna constantly call up or @ them. However we KNOW from this thread that loads of folk want daily updates, easy compromise is literally writing out the 3 words. It'll have a small impact on traffic but somethings better than nothing.

Edit: forgive me if I'm wrong to, I've maybe misunderstood, but I was under the impression part of gibbos job was to do with stock based off him giving the updates.

My bad if not, but its kind of on him if that's the case as he's set a precedent in the minds of many.

Associate
I should have clarified more what I meant there

He doesn't update us CONSISTENTLY. It would be nice to have say, a mid day update just saying "no update".

2 seconds to write, saves a hell of a lot of trouble

How is that useful? Not getting updated implies there was no update. Id find it way more frustrating hopping into the updates threadevery time I saw he'd posted, just to see the 15th 'no update' post in a row

Associate
If people are still calling at this point, they clearly arent seeing the current updates.
Judging by the amount of new forum accounts posting in here, the forums have already caught a few potential "callers"

Yea I do understand that and again it's not for me I've been fine with the updates provided if I don't see anything I assume there's no news I don't just apply bad faith to OC because I'm impatient. But from their point of view it must be demoralising to read this thread and deal with the webnotes and calls and anything to reduce that would make everyone's experience better, even if you have to bite a bullet with unreasonable people.

Associate
How is that useful? Not getting updated implies there was no update. Id find it way more frustrating hopping into the updates threadevery time I saw he'd posted, just to see the 15th 'no update' post in a row
People seeing that the last update is no update are less likely to ask, compared to last update being "we have cards tomorrow" and not saying they've shipped, all you get is "did mine shop today?" Over the phone

Associate
This is half the problem. People don't check or read. This type of thread is already provided by Gibbo.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/

The thread Gibbo has does not provide any of the information the OP requested, in fact it hasn't been updated since Monday, and before that it went 4 days without any update. There has been scant information provided such as a "small amount" with no indication of when further shipments might arrive, and certainly no sign of a table containing all the GPUs with a possible ETA and ballpark quantities.
I can understand why this is, because a number of entitled idiots think that an estimate is a guarantee, and are completely incapable of understanding words like might, maybe, circumstances permitting. You can see these types commenting on this very thread!

Associate
incorrect. You can (apparently but we’ll wait for formal confirmation by OC) swap your order for one of the same or lesser value. So you won’t be able to swap for a 3090. Also you may have ordered the wrong card?

That is a relief if that is the case but there is much confusion which would be good to get cleared up. Definitely ordered a 3080 though, referencing 2080 was a typo.

Associate
i persoanlly think it’s how overclockers leverage stock. When u have the USA giants chains and much bigger chains in the uk all trying to buy stock you need capital or a way to show you have the most demand to get the larger stock Allocation. When stores can drops 10s of millions of stock how can someone like overclockers compete? Can they realistically do the same without massive preorders ?

Yep.
Oversell to gain pre-orders as it's most cost efficient to deal with CS queries for 3 months, than money for preorders on indemand hardware.

Associate
I placed my order and payment went through Sunday/Monday. I have still not received any email regarding the order even though its 'not yet shipped' im aware of 3080 not in stock , but am i the only one who hasnt received any email from OCUK regarding the order? only got paypal email about payment

Associate
Im sure it's different for everone. But even if I knew my queue number, it's not going to change anything for me.
I'll get one when I get one.
It's not like I can leave the current queue and be further up at another retailer at the moment.

It would be nice to know roughly were I ended up in the carnage, but doesnt change the outcome really.

Associate
Im sure it's different for everone. But even if I knew my queue number, it's not going to change anything for me.
I'll get one when I get one.
It's not like I can leave the current queue and be further up at another retailer at the moment.

It would be nice to know roughly were I ended up in the carnage, but doesnt change the outcome really.

I feel that, my 1080ti died so until I get my card I'm GPUless, gonna be a long remainder of the year

Associate
Competitors scalping with zotac for nearly double msrp. They have canceled thousands two days after relase make ppl in trouble in queue at other retailers. Just In case u still want complain about OCUK .

Last edited:
Associate
The fact that you would find it more frustrating doesn't mean that most people would.
Two considerations:
The only updates shared are on the FORUM, which most customers don't read; the STORE page should have such an update page, if anything.
Also, decades of Customer Service practices have proven that consistent communications, even to just say "there is nothing new at the moment", helps keep the customers happy. Why? Because customers as a whole prefer consistency and predictability over patience. Having a regular communication channel where every day at 5 pm (for example) you write "Nothing new for today" reassures the customers that you are not hiding information and that you did not forget their cases. If you inform them only when actual updates show up, and at one point for whatever reason there's an unusually long wait for an update (imagine, for example, if OCuk did not receive the usual 30-50 cards for the week and instead there was a 3 weeks wait, not due to them but due to the AIBs, and for 3 weeks Gibbo did not write anything), the lizard part of the brain of customers would start thinking that either Gibbo forgot to update, or he's hiding the info on the delay because he's not telling anything. And you'll say: "No one in their right mind would think that!" and I'll reply to you: decades of CS studies prove you wrong. You might not be like that, and that's good for you, but most people are. People are not reasonable animals when they are in a mob or when their basic need for satisfaction and dopamine kicks in.

Associate
For what it’s worth, I ordered the ASUS TUF OC 3080 on the 17th at 21:40 ish U.K. time, order no 586820*
I was informed today on the phone that I am approximately between 100 and 120 on the list, But the list is very fluid at the moment with cancellations etc, and they are working on trying to put a list together that will be emailed to people or put on the forum to give folks an idea of their position... hope that helps.

See this, this gives me hope. I think I will give them a ring and ask about my own order. Even if people are switching over this is 10 times less than the unofficial estimate was.

Associate
I placed my order and payment went through Sunday/Monday. I have still not received any email regarding the order even though its 'not yet shipped' im aware of 3080 not in stock , but am i the only one who hasnt received any email from OCUK regarding the order? only got paypal email about payment

I ordered on the 17th Sept, it took 3 days for my confirmation email to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom