• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
120329026_2751441255097470_7084430152685084113_n.jpg

Made me lol :D

while waiting for GB cards can watch Steve review of em

Associate
I hope today will get some news about the official queue system. It is like waiting for sentencing, the only question is how long.....
Although I'm in no rush for the card I very much agree with this, I think just having an official que in place would put allot of people at ease and updates on when shipments are expected like competitors websites.

Associate
I cancelled by 3080 Tuff order today, just can't be bothered being involved in the 3080 farce. I'll wait until you can order a card and actually get it.

Yeah fair enough, I'm pretty close to doing the same. It's not OCs fault there is no stock but the wait is just taking the excitement away, I 100% got caught up in the hype and the more I think about it the less I need to spend £700+ on a GPU lol

Associate
Being allowed to swap cards without being made to cancel and reorder is ridiculous. No way should that be allowed By OCUK.

To me it's no different than going to a car dealership, dropping a deposit on a new motor and being told the wait time. Then when my car is ready for collection I suddenly find it's not there anymore as someone else, who ordered a different model, jumped in and took mine as couldnt be arsed to wait for theirs anymore! So I'm back in the queue waiting again for delivery of my car. Only for it to happen again!

Would this ever happen? No chance. Sure someone could decide to change their cars, maybe, but they wouldn't be put to the front of the queue, they would be waiting for a delivery again at the back.

OCUK need to stop this practice as its seriously not on. Want to change cards, fine. But you cancel and reorder.

Associate
It's a pretty safe bet stock will have normalised by the 27th October !
Hardly a safe bet: the golden week starts on the 2nd of October and ends on the 9th, meaning that in that week there will be no gpu manufacturing happening in Asia. Shipping containers takes weeks after production, so by the 27th of October we will experience probably another shortage, instead, as a consequence of the golden week.

Associate
It is safe to assume that everyone who ordered on the 20.09 and later will not see the card till next year and people who ordered on the 17th and 18th might get the card end or October or end of November. There are shortages of these cards everywhere and the whole world of retailers is waiting for stock. Goodbye ray tracing in cyberpunk, see you next year, if I do not loose patience, cancel my order, forget about my gsync monitor and get AMD card.
The way it's looking, Cyberpunk might get delayed again. So there's hope, I guess. Sucks that the higher-ups at CDPR are demanding that the devs do crunch time though, especially when they insisted that wouldn't be the case

Associate
The fact that you would find it more frustrating doesn't mean that most people would.
Two considerations:
The only updates shared are on the FORUM, which most customers don't read; the STORE page should have such an update page, if anything.

Yeah weirdly enough that's why I wrote, 'I'd' and not 'It's'

Associate
I'm happy to
Pretty sure in the race for last place in the UK its going to be between EVGA with the ultra cards - and gigabyte with the aorus Xtreme card - and I'm at the back for the aorus card ..... maybe a nice easter treat! lol
I have no information to base this off but I think you will get it before the end of the year easily but hopefully allot sooner. If console launches are anything to go by and they typically sell far more stock it stabilizes after about 3 months. Granted the production volume I envision is slightly higher.

Associate
Hardly a safe bet: the golden week starts on the 2nd of October and ends on the 9th, meaning that in that week there will be no gpu manufacturing happening in Asia. Shipping containers takes weeks after production, so by the 27th of October we will experience probably another shortage, instead, as a consequence of the golden week.
Clearly the significance and the irony of that date has simply flown over your head.

Associate
Clearly the significance and the irony of that date has simply flown over your head.
Yeah my bad, I'm obviously not awake enough to catch obvious sarcasm today.
Can I bring up in my defense the fact that I am severely lacking in British DNA and as such I don't fluently speak sarcasm?

Associate
Is it a safe bet to assume stock will normalise towards the end of the year or will we still be fighting tooth and nail to get one?

I’m looking to do an upgrade come December / January so not in a rush but if the situation is same as now might be better to actively source sooner.

Maybe. I think if this was released in isolation I'd say we'd not see reliable stock on shelves until the end of Q1 2021. But with the release of AMDs new card coming up, if it can compete and they can get the chips they need from TSMC then many people may simply jump ship on Nvidia and pick up AMD just to avoid the wait. That does rely on a few things though, first of all AMD being competative and releasing a decent performance part at a good price, but also them having access to a lot of chips from TSMC, and I suspect with the PS5 and Xbox Series X being all sold out preorders and needing to produce insane volumes of units, that even AMD may suffer delays until Q1 2021. That and ongoing Covid19 stuff, it seems really unlikely this bottleneck will be gone until well into next year.

I ordered on 16:46 on 17th and right now don't expect my card to be until Nov at the very earliest but with Xmas rush plausibly could fall into next year.

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe. I think if this was released in isolation I'd say we'd not see reliable stock on shelves until the end of Q1 2021. But with the release of AMDs new card coming up, if it can compete and they can get the chips they need from TSMC then many people may simply jump ship on Nvidia and pick up AMD just to avoid the wait. That does rely on a few things though, first of all AMD being competative and releasing a decent performance part at a good price, but also them having access to a lot of chips from TSMC, and I suspect with the PS5 and Xbox Series X being all sold out preorders and needing to produce insane volumes of units, that even AMD may suffer delays until Q1 2021. That and ongoing Covid19 stuff, it seems really unlikely this bottleneck will be gone until well into next year.

I ordered on 16:46 on 17th Aug and right now don't expect my card to be until Nov at the very earliest but with Xmas rush plausibly could fall into next year.

Aug eh??? thats a neat trick must remember that one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom