• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I just receive email
Isn’t looks good but is like is

ASU’s strix OC
Ordered 20/09/2020
Time 19:06

Official queue position 576
Old unofficial was 1167
:(:(:(:(

Permabanned
The email is kinda sinking in a bit. I'm 1889 in the queue for a TUF non OC. Even with deliveries of 100 per week it will take until roughly February to receive my card.

I think OC should start letting customers know quantities they are receiving in deliveries so we can get a better understanding of how long this is likely to take.

I stupidly sold my 2060 to help fund my upgrade so I'm left with no gpu and a pc I can't use. I'm in no way blaming anyone for that apart from me, it's just ***** and I need to moan lol
+1

Associate
The email is kinda sinking in a bit. I'm 1889 in the queue for a TUF non OC. Even with deliveries of 100 per week it will take until roughly February to receive my card.

I think OC should start letting customers know quantities they are receiving in deliveries so we can get a better understanding of how long this is likely to take.

I stupidly sold my 2060 to help fund my upgrade so I'm left with no gpu and a pc I can't use. I'm in no way blaming anyone for that apart from me, it's just ***** and I need to moan lol

I was feeling bad at 841. Agree though that some info on deliveries incoming. There is another site no-longer taking orders but with a handy table of deliveries expected for each card and week.

Fingers crossed in the meantime. It would be nice if mine arrived before the promotion ends end of October as a years worth of geforce now would save me a few quid and be handy.

Associate
Golden week sounds like a real ballache, it's a time when everyone is meant to travel and meet up with family for a week, sounds good in principle but in 2017 that meant in one week there were 720 million plus people travelling up and down the country. Christmas is bad enough!

Getting a bit sick of the posts that would be better aimed at a psychic. "If I order a 4080 when will I get it guyz... I want it nao"

Associate
Looking at the numbers in queues some going to near 2k, across different brands, and then taking into account other lesser suppliers ;) likely to have a lot of of orders, can these numbers of people wanting a card be correct or likely to be a lot of ordering different brands and seeing which comes in first then cancelling the others. in which case the queue positions may drop quickly.

Associate
Queue position 1170 for the Asus TUF (none oc) ordered at 17:29 on the 17th. I seriously hope hundreds of these are coming in this month at least.

Hang on I just noticed at least one person ordering (same card) after me 21:something on the evening of the 17th who is much further down the queue than I am ...and someone who ordered about 20 minutes before me who is about 1000 places lower. I was talking about this a few weeks ago when we were looking at order numbers and trying to guestimate queue positions and mine was coming out ridiculously high, apparently that has translated into reality then, I wonder if it has given me an order number linked to the time I received the email which was days later then rather than the time I actually ordered.

Check out Lastof's post a couple of pages before yours, seems 20ish orders got lost in system and got reassigned with later order numbers.
Not a lot can be done about it I guess.

Associate
Just received my queue number.

Date ordered: 17/09/2020 15:23:01

Thank you for your pre-order for the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order *******.

You are currently in queue position 449. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.

Seems like the queue position doesn't reflect the time the card was ordered!
Just got my queue number for Gigabyte Eagle - 363.

Was hoping it would be lower than the unofficial estimate which was 280 odd. Oh well! Not too bad.
Was a bit concerned my order time was officially listed as 16:31 when my order was actually made at 15:31. However the graph that went around a bit ago showed that the orders pretty levelled off for that hour so perhaps the system just conked out.

Good to get some information out however, thank you!

Associate
If they email the queue positions weekly you’ll be able to work this out for yourself.

As long as there has been stock received of your card I'd expect a weekly email, but for cards from EVGA for example it may be a couple of weeks or so before there is any change in the queue...

CCC

CCC

Associate

They are entitled to keep that kind of thing confidential if they wish but I can tell you that at the moment they recieve less than 100 a week. Add in Christmas, Golden week, Brexit chaos, Chinese New Year and you're looking at middle of next year unless a lot of people cancel which is quite likely I would think.

Back
Top Bottom