• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So are you guys going to accept that I was right all along?

big Navi sits between the rtx3070 and rtx3080 as I've said for weeks now

1ntywJt.jpg

Associate

Dude that's like just targeting the 3080... and we dont know which SKU
and the driver team are still working on optimisations
siriusly?

edit:and i saw dx 12 badass benchies on eurogamer, its a TIE

Associate
This give's us a rough idea but once upside down Steve and a few others get their hands on them we'll have a much better idea of how good big navi is.

Associate
Couple if points, i dont think thats the best version of Big Navi, although its probably not far off..

Its trading blows with 3080 currently, we have zero info on system spec used though.

AMD have been water tight on leaks before today, so i seriously doubt theyll show their full hand at the end of their cpu presentation, just cant see it.

No, theyll open with "So we showed you a little of Big Navi at the end of our Cpu presentation, well today we will show you Big Navi in all its glory" followed by the full fat kuhuna Navi at which point we will all realise they sandbagged a bit.

As for the tri fan cooler, rumors are they ditched the dual fan cooler, im not so sure as i expect them to use dual and single fan at the lower end if the stack.

Lastly, drivers, we all know AMD pulls more perf over time, so even if that is infact the best Navi, trading blows with 3080, we could see more performance to come with drivers, and we have no idea if the cards have any OC headroom.

So much we wont know for now and the all important prices.

Also i just cant see AMD following up that amazing CPU reveal with a disappointing GPU reveal, just cant see it.

I think this time round AMD has monster products

Soldato
I will never buy RX 5700 XT because it's slow for its price.

If AMD releases a card faster than RTX 3090, I will buy it. Perhaps.

Isn't it similar to 2070s while being cheaper ? I know the newer drivers have increased its performance

The 3090 is well over priced for what gaming performance you get over 3080 but of course you might need it for creating idk

Soldato
LOL, this is getting very interesting. Was that the XT or XTX? And what is the OC headroom (out the box, no mods)? That is the achilles heel of the 3080 right now.
It took AMD a few driver updates and me getting a better PSU in order to get my 5700xt to OC daily @ roughly 2120Mhz GPU/1850Mhz memory. I could go 1950mhz but haven't been bothered yet. That's roughly 120Mhz +/- improvement from 2000Mhz GPU I was doing prior.

I assume there is still OC headroom on these XT/XTX variants that should push it well past it's boost rate.

Soldato
Couple if points, i dont think thats the best version of Big Navi, although its probably not far off..

Its trading blows with 3080 currently, we have zero info on system spec used though.

AMD have been water tight on leaks before today, so i seriously doubt theyll show their full hand at the end of their cpu presentation, just cant see it.

No, theyll open with "So we showed you a little of Big Navi at the end of our Cpu presentation, well today we will show you Big Navi in all its glory" followed by the full fat kuhuna Navi at which point we will all realise they sandbagged a bit.

As for the tri fan cooler, rumors are they ditched the dual fan cooler, im not so sure as i expect them to use dual and single fan at the lower end if the stack.

Lastly, drivers, we all know AMD pulls more perf over time, so even if that is infact the best Navi, trading blows with 3080, we could see more performance to come with drivers, and we have no idea if the cards have any OC headroom.

So much we wont know for now and the all important prices.

Also i just cant see AMD following up that amazing CPU reveal with a disappointing GPU reveal, just cant see it.

I think this time round AMD has monster products
It seems like with the botched 3080 launch AMD would be missing out on stealing sales from people on the fense about continuing waiting for their 3080s. The only scenario I can see for them playing it like this is if they know they also have terrible stock.

Soldato
zen3.jpeg

Amazing to notice nVidia cards being used fro ZEN3, not even a 5700xt lol... and they daren't show 6000

Jesus why post this in Amd Cpu and Gpu threads unless you are trolling.

Man of Honour

1ntywJt.jpg

They are still going to cling on to AMD sandbagging and having an nVidia killer waiting in the wings.

Given this was AMD loud and proud I don't believe they'd have held back some teasers if they had such a product even if they didn't fully show what they had.

Soldato
RX 6xxx
Borderlands 3: 61
CoD MW: 88
Gears 5: 73

RTX 3080
Borderlands 3: 60.9 TIE (Eurogamer)
CoD MW: 91 +3.4% (Based on YT video, need better source)
Gears 5: 76 +4% (Guru 3D)

Now the big question "is this the XTX?"

PR2ywHo.png

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1314244138716594176

Gears 5: 80 +9.5% on RTX 3080

Seemed videocardz info on Navi 21 are correct this AMD Navi 21 benchmark used Navi 21 XTX AMD reference card will be AMD exclusive mean it will only sell direct on AMD webstore like Nvidia did with Titan RTX. It supposed to be RTX 3070 Ti 16GB competitor but accorded to videocardz RTX 3070 Ti is cancelled due to yield issue so let wait and see in December.

So look like this thread gone derailed, it not Navi 21 and Navi 23 Nvidia RTX 3090 killer.

Ryzen 5000 series available on sale on 5 November 2020, that is over 2 weeks late compared to original schedule date 20 October 2020 so guess RX 6000 series will available on sale in December 2020 compared to original schedule date 15-20 November 2020.

AMD Radeon RX 6000 is just Another Massive Disappointment.

Soldato
People seem to have quickly forgotten the wording AMD used when talking about the GPU. They aren't sandbagging.

I suspect they will get a little more out of it before release but you are looking at maybe a 3080 competitor - probably 2-4% behind.

They weren't particularly coy on the CPU side - knocking on Intel's door when they had the advantage and some shots fired in the last slide behind Mark before he turned it back to Lisa (I'm surprised no one is talking about that).

Because it was all about the Cpu, the 28th is about the Gpu.:rolleyes:

Associate
Gotta say it’s funny to see the same people always coming up with stories and excuses time and time again. I haven’t bothered posting until this year but been reading for a few years.

It always ends the same, but they never learn.

If they had a better card, they would have shown it. Any other scenarios you choose to create .. well, your loss.

It will be a good card, and that’s it. Good. Not great.

Man of Honour
Because it was all about the Cpu, the 28th is about the Gpu.:rolleyes:

Doesn't change anything - while they didn't go into the details was still a fair bit of time spent teasing GPU stuff. Given the tone there is no way they'd have held off some teasing if they had something faster to show off (people seem to have quickly forgotten the wording they used as well)

Soldato
Jesus why post this in Amd Cpu and Gpu threads unless you are trolling.
Because no one noticed it and I found it interesting that AMD in an AMD presentation for CPU's with GPU's at the end were using nVidia GPU's in their CPU benchmarking, it's nothing to do with trolling. Could you imagine nVidia using an AMD card? Nope. It was just something I noticed and as it was CPU and GPU related, it was posted. Sure the world won't fall apart because I posted in two different places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom