• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Train might proper derail when 3070 super comes out with 16gb on the day of NAVI launch.

For me its coming down to stock, and who can give me a good 4K / 1440 -120Hz card before Christmas. Few fps here or there dont concern me.

Soldato
Is it really derailing? So they've basically matched the 3080 with more VRAM. Isn't that what most AMD users wanted? If they hit a cheaper price point, its a very very viable alternative to NVIDIA. The 3090 for most of us is an irrealvant grossly overpriced card. It's all about the 3080.

The main question then becomes, do you trust in RTX + DLSS to be widely adopted moving forwards or do you trust in that 6GB of VRAM to come in more use moving forwards?

DLSS for me is great BUT there are two games I wanted to play where it wasn't implemented recently. RDR2 and HZD. Heck, I haven't actually played a game I've wanted to where DLSS is used (will change with Cyberpunk).

As someone who isn't a fan of either company, I'm torn if this is the case on who to buy from.

I expected AMD to flop and come under the 3070 performance and better it in a few games. If its matching the 3080... given the new consoles are based on AMD architecture...

It was tongue in cheek really and more aimed at the "performance leadership" 3090 beating hype. Nothing short of the event itself can derail that train though!

I'd also be very happy with a card that came in competitive with the 3080, but even if it's with a card beyond my price point a part of me really wants AMD to come smashing in above it just for the laughs.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
RX 6xxx
Borderlands 3: 61
CoD MW: 88
Gears 5: 73

RTX 3080
Borderlands 3: 60.9 TIE (Eurogamer)
CoD MW: 91 +3.4%
Gears 5: 76 +4% (Guru 3D)

Now the big question "is this the XTX?"

If its trading blows with the 3080 and available in stock November for ~£600 im in. XTX if exists will likely be out of my price point.

Soldato
Biggest concern with big Navi are drivers. If anything like small navi (RX5700) I'd not touch it with a bargepole. AMD took over 6 months to resolve black screen, downclocking, hardware acceleration bugs. Driver stability is the most important factor, I hope the reviewers give these cards a thorough test (full day of productivity and mixed gaming) rather than just a quick few benches and forget.

Soldato
Gears 5 at 4k (DX12) :
- RTX3080: 76 FPS
- BIG NAVI: 73 FPS
- 2080TI: 61 FPS

Borderlands at 4k (DX11) :
- RTX3080: 69 FPS
- BIG NAVI: 61 FPS
- 2080TI: 50 FPS

source: guru3d(dot)com

Modern Warfare at 4k (DX UNKNOWN):
- RTX3080: 90 FPS
- BIG NAVI: 88 FPS
- 2080TI: 70 FPS

£599 lower power draw and 16gb yes please

Soldato
I'd expect it to be a Navi 21, didn't Lisa show a 3 fan card? Which SKU we can only guess but I think the highest, can't wait to find out more!
I can see arguments both ways.
I can see why you would assume they are showing the best card in the best light.
But i can also see why people think that there is no reason for AMD, who have been so tight lipped, to basically play their entire hand 3 weeks early and let Nvidia begin planning their counter strategy.

Man of Honour
I'd expect it to be a Navi 21, didn't Lisa show a 3 fan card? Which SKU we can only guess but I think the highest, can't wait to find out more!

This was AMD standing on their hind legs the whole presentation - if they had something that smashed nVidia they'd have teased it even if not shown just how much.

Soldato
Why do people want to smash AMD? Are you so stupid to discourage competition?? It benefits us all!
You just compared an OC Strix 3090 Vs an unknown unannounced AMD GPU.

utter tool!!

+1
Too many jokers try to put down AMD every chance they get and then cry about sky high gpu prices not realizing that competition is always needed to keep pricing in check. Does anyone seriously think we would had 16T processors for less than £600 anytime soon if AMD hadn't managed to create Ryzen? Intel were milking the 4C processors for a decade before that.

Soldato
Agree totally, as a 20 series owner DLSS is not supported in ANYTNING I have used the last year, and RTX even in the 3080 tanks FPS below what is usable to me, so basically DLSS and RTX are moot and a waste of money.

I'm a fan of healthy competition and low prices, AMD should be getting a pat on the back but for some reason you got idiots posting Strix OC 3090 benchmarks and claiming the AMD train derailed VS and unknow, unannounced card in Big Navi2.

At this point the people shooting the AMD stuff down are just proving how stupidly thick they are and how much they have bought into Jensens bull****, honestly you guys need a reality check.
The pivoting on position is quite funny. I kind of want AMD to best the 3090 now just to see how much further they can pivot.

Associate
Biggest concern with big Navi are drivers. If anything like small navi (RX5700) I'd not touch it with a bargepole. AMD took over 6 months to resolve black screen, downclocking, hardware acceleration bugs. Driver stability is the most important factor, I hope the reviewers give these cards a thorough test (full day of productivity and mixed gaming) rather than just a quick few benches and forget.

To be fair this nag has been flogged to death, its not as bad as your making out and AMD are keen to learn from it is the take away.
I mean I'm fine with people continuing to spread this kinda rubbish means the AMD card I want is delivered before my 3080 I bought and paid for in full nearly a month ago x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom