• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Soldato
So i'm one of those unfortunate souls that has this issue outside the UK (stateside to be specific). I've sent my card in for RMA and it has been accepted and is now listed as "repairing", but I was curious as to one thing. Are the cards themselves being repaired or am I stuck waiting for new stock to be sent a replacement?

The ones in the uk are being repaired with the new connecter.

Associate
What happened to your connector and how did you fix it?

Hi mate,

I fixed it with a tiny tiny screwdriver. Then the powers got in. One of the pins are a little long in compared to the others, but been benching all day and doesn't seem to matter. However, I have contacted eSupport about this issue and looking forward to their reply. I will post it in this tread.

Associate
Guys. Finally i ordered Gigabyte Gaming 3090 . There was in stock 1 card only. I payed by fast transaction in bank. Card will be in 2 days on my house. How can i be sure if coonectors are ok?? Is any way to check?

Associate
OP
All the none AORUS cards did have it, there was some mixed stock in WK38 production which was why I didn't include that as a viable date in my previous post. The image in the above post is a good representation of the old version, here is the new version but it's not easy to see in the cards. We are now testing each card connector 10 times before shipment.

Untitled-1.png

Thank you

Associate
OP
Guys. Finally i ordered Gigabyte Gaming 3090 . There was in stock 1 card only. I payed by fast transaction in bank. Card will be in 2 days on my house. How can i be sure if coonectors are ok?? Is any way to check?

so just to clarify for everyone and any one new here

WK39 & onwards will have the revised block
anything WK38 and below is on the old faulty block.

So check your serial number which will start with year 20 then second number is the week.

Hope this helps

I will update the OP with this information

Associate
OP
But he have WK38 and told its fine. So ?:)

Yes some people will have problems others will not on the faulty connectors ..its kind of pot luck if any of the pins ungrimp ..but eventually they will depending how many times you re plug in..

Personally everybody should get there cards revised on onto the new connector block

the dates where confirmed by the rep

Associate
Just found this thread but I'm pretty sure the connector on my Week 35 3080 Gaming OC caused this on my power supply...
IMG-2644.jpg

Associate
Just found this thread but I'm pretty sure the connector on my Week 35 3080 Gaming OC caused this on my power supply...
IMG-2644.jpg

Damn, sorry to see that happen. Lucky that you spotted it before it could have become something more dangerous.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be too long before we started to see this.

Associate
Hey all, just picked up my Gigabyte OC 3080 yesterday from Best Buy and I'm just seeing all of this now. My serial falls under #2037 which apparently is no good. Before I knew about this problem, I plugged in the gpu to my current 650w PSU just to make sure the card was good, and have a new Corsair 850w coming tomorrow that I planned to install in my machine. I see some Gigabyte reps in here helping from the UK, but I'm wondering what I should do here in the U.S.? The idea of sending this out and waiting x number of days after getting this checked is disheartening to all hell, but this is clearly dangerous and I don't want my machine to go faulty because of it. Can someone direct me to where I need to go to get this resolved asap? This is my first experience buying a Gigabyte product lol :(
Edit: Forgot to tag @GIGA-Man for help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom