• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
So continue order and buy 3090 gaming or cancel because i can have that pcie connector blow?

Where not 100% certain if that was the cause ..but it seems too much of coincidence to not be .

If the card your getting 1st four numbers of the serial are 2039 or above then nothing to worry about.

Me personally i would not spend that much if the cards on the old connector block period.

Associate
Where not 100% certain if that was the cause ..but it seems too much of coincidence to not be .

If the card your getting 1st four numbers of the serial are 2039 or above then nothing to worry about.

Me personally i would not spend that much if the cards on the old connector block period.
So if 2038 or less then return card or check card?

Associate
So if 2038 or less then return card or check card?

I’m 2037 and the pins looked fine and I had no problem getting the cables plugged. But now I’m damn paranoid and don’t think it’s worth the risk keeping if it can damage the rest of my machine. I’m still waiting to hear from Gigabyte as to what the process is like and if I have to wait long.

Associate
I’m 2037 and the pins looked fine and I had no problem getting the cables plugged. But now I’m damn paranoid and don’t think it’s worth the risk keeping if it can damage the rest of my machine. I’m still waiting to hear from Gigabyte as to what the process is like and if I have to wait long.
Card working fine?

Associate
Card working fine?

The cord from my PSU? It’s completely fine. But I’m getting a new one tomorrow with more wattage (850 compared to my current 650) so I guess I’ll check those cables as well and run some benchmark tests to see if any artifacts or black screens occur.

Edit: Jesus, been a long day. I read card from your post as “chord.” But yeah, I haven’t done much gaming with it but the card was working fine. I’ll really test it with multiple games and benchmarks tomorrow

Associate
The cord from my PSU? It’s completely fine. But I’m getting a new one tomorrow with more wattage (850 compared to my current 650) so I guess I’ll check those cables as well and run some benchmark tests to see if any artifacts or black screens occur.

Edit: Jesus, been a long day. I read card from your post as “chord.” But yeah, I haven’t done much gaming with it but the card was working fine. I’ll really test it with multiple games and benchmarks tomorrow
So your Gigabyte Gaming 3080 without issues? :)

Associate
So f
So your Gigabyte Gaming 3080 without issues? :)
So far, so good! But I’ll still probably send it in for RMA when Gigabyte responds. It’s not worth the money and hassle to have something go wrong down the road, ya know? Plus, I want the updated pin boards on the GPU I spent $700 for that should’ve been there in the first place.

Associate
Was that blown connector a 1 to 1 or a 1 to 2 connector? As trying to push 300w through one cable might have been the problem if it was the latter. Like others have said I don't really get why a problem on one end would do that to the other end. Comments about pressure don't make any sense, power is going to the GPU not the other way around. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination but if the cable PSU side is melting I assume that's an issue somewhere between PSU and that connector.

Was it same connector you were using previously? If so perhaps some dust or fibre got caught in the housing where the pins meet.

Associate
@sewerino26 can you please not ask the same question and send the same messages over and over again? You are severely clogging this useful thread with your SPAM posts. I suppose you've read the entire thread (shouldn't be too hard as half the messages come from yourself) and can make an informed decision yourself by now. If not here is my advice:
- Have a serial number starting with 2037 and down? Don't buy or return
- Have a serial number starting with 2039 and up? Keep
- Have a serial number starting with 2038? Just to be safe don't buy or return (although GIGA-Man said there is mixed stock)

Associate
Was that blown connector a 1 to 1 or a 1 to 2 connector? As trying to push 300w through one cable might have been the problem if it was the latter. Like others have said I don't really get why a problem on one end would do that to the other end. Comments about pressure don't make any sense, power is going to the GPU not the other way around. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination but if the cable PSU side is melting I assume that's an issue somewhere between PSU and that connector.

Was it same connector you were using previously? If so perhaps some dust or fibre got caught in the housing where the pins meet.

I was thinking the same about using a single cable.

It could be the connector but for it to happen a 12v and 0v pin would both have to push out far enough to short circuit with each other or a 12v pin come out completely and short on the backplate or cooler. Both of which should be quite visible on the connector.

Associate
Hi All,

I have a week 38 Gaming OC card.

Just want to know what I should be looking out for or is there something I should be doing?

Is any part of my rig at risk?

Edit: @GIGA-Man I know you cannot help those outside the UK but I just wanted to know if you could provide some input on the above?

Should I be sending my card back if I didnt experience any problems connecting etc?

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know what happens after you've emailed Gigabyte? I assume a DPD/UPS courier gets arranged and you get an email but so far i've heard nothing.

Back
Top Bottom