• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Gibbo posted last week saying they'll get a shipment of Zotac Trinitys 'the middle of next week' which I assume is now either today or tomorrow. He said an 'OK' amount, which according to his clarification is 'around 50'. Thing is, his key doesn't make much sense:

Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units

This misses the 30-50 and 50-75 range. Does that mean that by 'approx 50' he means 30-75? I'm in queue position 47, so I'm praying I'll be included in that, but also ready to be disappointed.

Associate
I think the home market thing is misguided, personally. We're not a tiny market proportionally, but we could lose out disproportionally, that's the sort of treatment that creates resentment, compared with 'it's bad everywhere'.
It's unfortunately a reality we live in. Even if you take aside the home market thing, for the PS5 for example, a Japanese product, most of the shipments have already been planned in top priority towards the US where there is the strongest demand in tech and higher purchasing power, on average. we'll have to wait for 2021 while American kids will get theirs under the Christmas tree. We might not be a tiny market yet but we are definitely losing our spot as a key market.

Associate
It's unfortunately a reality we live in. Even if you take aside the home market thing, for the PS5 for example, a Japanese product, most of the shipments have already been planned in top priority towards the US where there is the strongest demand in tech and higher purchasing power, on average. we'll have to wait for 2021 while American kids will get theirs under the Christmas tree. We might not be a tiny market yet but we are definitely losing our spot as a key market.
Yeah, it just feels short-sighted. Like executives have lobbied for it rather than it being based on evidence-based outcomes.

Soldato
Gibbo posted last week saying they'll get a shipment of Zotac Trinitys 'the middle of next week' which I assume is now either today or tomorrow. He said an 'OK' amount, which according to his clarification is 'around 50'. Thing is, his key doesn't make much sense:

Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units

This misses the 30-50 and 50-75 range. Does that mean that by 'approx 50' he means 30-75? I'm in queue position 47, so I'm praying I'll be included in that, but also ready to be disappointed.

I'll pray with you since when I joined que for OC model CS told me it was sub 50 lol

Associate
maybe someone ordered 2 cards? Or some dumb thing like they were supposed to be earlier in the queue but had other items in their order that they then cancelled. No clue I guess we're gonna need an official answer.

Stock could arrive damaged too. Did some work in a warehouse and plenty of times you'd find the items on the corner of a pallet or box were total write-offs where someone's clearly dropped it or crashed a forklift into it. Or it's completely soaked through etc...

Plenty of legitimate reasons for receiving 10 and only appearing to shipping 7 orders.

Associate
I think there's some middle management kind of thinking as well. If I 'chase' this person for an update I think I'll get what I want quicker.

Also hate this. Often if you're in a support role like IT Administrator or IT support, you'll get people chase you, and you know what the next person in the chain doesn't have anymore info so you pester them and they're like, sorry I don't have anymore info I'm waiting on X to inform me, and so on...it's so pointless, it's like people are aware of the problem, it's being fixed as fast as it can already.

I remember one time at work in middle management the 3rd party software that powers our digital brochures/magazines went down, it was an AWS data center outage (a fire I think) and it knocked out the primary hosting for a lot of stuff, including this particular brand. And most of their major customers lost their mag hosting too, including big names like Tescos. And we were this SME at the time, maybe 100 people max and we were some low tier customer to these people. And my CEO was screeching at me that going through support wasn't enough, that I had to get on the phone their CEO/CTO and inform them that our product was unavailable and it's unacceptable. They have 100's of thousands of customers but he thinks because it's us that suddenly they'd get moving?! It's like, their whole infrastructure is crippled and thousands of users are offline, they're going as fast as they can already. It's so dumb.

I see that behaviour reflected in this thread, it's a complete loss of control of your rationality, consumed by emotion, that behaving as frantic as you can will you get you something sooner, it wont. The supply chain is deterministic, you'll get your product, complaining wont matter, nor will updates. You'd just struggling to emotionally cope.

Associate
Also hate this. Often if you're in a support role like IT Administrator or IT support, you'll get people chase you, and you know what the next person in the chain doesn't have anymore info so you pester them and they're like, sorry I don't have anymore info I'm waiting on X to inform me, and so on...it's so pointless, it's like people are aware of the problem, it's being fixed as fast as it can already.

I remember one time at work in middle management the 3rd party software that powers our digital brochures/magazines went down, it was an AWS data center outage (a fire I think) and it knocked out the primary hosting for a lot of stuff, including this particular brand. And most of their major customers lost their mag hosting too, including big names like Tescos. And we were this SME at the time, maybe 100 people max and we were some low tier customer to these people. And my CEO was screeching at me that going through support wasn't enough, that I had to get on the phone their CEO/CTO and inform them that our product was unavailable and it's unacceptable. They have 100's of thousands of customers but he thinks because it's us that suddenly they'd get moving?! It's like, their whole infrastructure is crippled and thousands of users are offline, they're going as fast as they can already. It's so dumb.

I see that behaviour reflected in this thread, it's a complete loss of control of your rationality, consumed by emotion, that behaving as frantic as you can will you get you something sooner, it wont. The supply chain is deterministic, you'll get your product, complaining wont matter, nor will updates. You'd just struggling to emotionally cope.

Exactly this. Any time someone gets irrationally critical of OCUK or the staff, point out to them that they're getting upset over some video games. I'm excited for my 3080 but god damn it's really not that important in the grand scheme, and hating on OCUK (who btw have no part in the amount of stock Nvidia produce) is an emotional overreaction.

Associate
Everyone hoping to get their cards before cyberpunk, and the lil student in me is just hoping it arrives before BoJo says I'm not allowed in my mail room anymore... :p

Associate
Just cancelled my Auros Master so anyone in that queue will drop by one.

Managed to get one from the main competitor due to an issue I'd had.

Arrives tomorrow! Can update with pics if anyone cares.

Back
Top Bottom