• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm unhappy that I haven't got my card yet too, but calling them scum is out of line. They're getting screwed from both ends here. Sure, they haven't been perfect, but it's pretty clear they're trying.

Of course they're trying to protect their sales, you say that as if it's some shocking reveal that nobody else has realised. This whole forum is for customers to talk about PC parts and about purchases on the site, it's not a free for all like reddit, it's tied to a shop, of course it's going to be biased towards it. You'd have to be stupid to think otherwise, and frankly OCUK would be stupid if they allowed competitor discussion.

I can show you what the rest of the stock is like in the UK if you want, enjoy:
1*zq6V3D4Ic-Gw9KxR1Uc-Yg.jpeg

You might not beleive this, but this looks 100% like a building I used to work in (it burnt down, and was rebuilt) but this is 100% identical even down to the exit doors!!!!!

Associate
@Gibbo - what's the harm in posting a list of the 3080 models, with roughly how many pre-orders you got by the end of September and how many of those you've fulfilled to date? Maybe with a little breakdown of the latest information from your suppliers in a nice list? It would really help us loyal customers to feel better if you showed us that you're no worse off than the other UK retailers in terms of allocations of stock. Hopefully that's not too much to ask, since this forum represents a few hundred of your most loyal customers who've collectively spent over half a million pounds on some premium products we thought would be coming faster than this. Thanks!

Associate
Like most of you I'm actively on the hunt for a 3080 via alternate means now as there is little to no info from OC or ASUS (late 190s in the TUF queue). Will keep this order but have no confidence of getting it inside the next three months. Hoping to get something on the next FE drop. Picked up the TUF to match up with my other ASUS build components but can't be arsed anymore. Had been patient but am now a bit annoyed by the lack of any info from anyone despite handing over cash nearly two months ago. Bit of a reputational disaster for all parties concerned this.

I sourced two 3080s via alternate means, if you can get your shipping redirected from Germany to the UK. Two cards bought on the 4th/5th of November delivered on 7th/9th and now making their way to me this week... ahead of a pre-order made on launch day, September 17th :rolleyes:

Associate
@Gibbo - what's the harm in posting a list of the 3080 models, with roughly how many pre-orders you got by the end of September and how many of those you've fulfilled to date? Maybe with a little breakdown of the latest information from your suppliers in a nice list? It would really help us loyal customers to feel better if you showed us that you're no worse off than the other UK retailers in terms of allocations of stock. Hopefully that's not too much to ask, since this forum represents a few hundred of your most loyal customers who've collectively spent over half a million pounds on some premium products we thought would be coming faster than this. Thanks!

the harm is if that ocuk is genuinelly not getting cards, everyone with a preorder here cancels and places an order elsewhere :p

Man of Honour
Sure, let me go to Reddit and drown in discussions unrelated to the stock situation in the UK. The fact that the rule has always been in existence is no surprise, but it's also not a valid counter point. How about reconsidering the rule for threads where it may help your users and allow for easier discussion? Or do you just want to continue being a snide ****?
Lol :rolleyes:

You posted a load of rubbish & insults and you expect a soft flowery answer?

What don't you get about the competitor rule? This is Overclockers forum, for the Overclockers shop, they are hardly going to pay lots of money year on year to fill the pockets of their competitors now are they!

There are plenty of other places to discuss other shops if that's your desire but not here!

Associate
My fellow Overclockers!

We have cause to celebrate as I can confirm that the first hour of Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC orders on launch day have just been cleared!

Now I know we’re all looking for a rough time line on when to expect our precious commodities so if we extrapolate using only this information, some false assumptions, terrible math and even worse guesswork, each hour of orders on launch day takes approximately 7 weeks to clear, those that ordered right after midnight on the 18th should then be receiving their cards around the start of 2022, and if the same order rate as on launch was maintained throughout the next few weeks and fulfillment rates are stable for the next multiple decades, those that ordered roughly midday October 4th should have no worries playing all manner of retro titles such as the old classic Godfall or the retro game of the year, CD Projekt Red’s 57 year old Cyberpunk as they would be receiving their brand spanking new 3080 cards in.. You guessed it! 2077!

As we celebrate this great event let us all come together as one and hate on the one true enemy, uncertainty.

Let us cast our light on it’s darkness, let us share information on small deliveries in OK amounts, dreamy estimates and very small flames at MSI, let us dream the Hong Kong 3070’s into 3080’s, let us pester Asus regarding their non-OC stock, let us @Gibbo for the millionth time so he can answer the same questions over and over, or not at all, it doesn’t matter as long as we get a glimpse of the yellow Ferrari.
Let us make wild claims about stock here, and wilder claims about stock there.
But most of all, let us enjoy our time here on these forums, together in our struggle, having to play the worst game of all, real life, where our only input is the F5 button, let us be relentless in it’s use as it will never again be pressed upon with such fierce intent.

Good luck Overclockers and pray the dream becomes a meme.

Associate
My fellow Overclockers!

We have cause to celebrate as I can confirm that the first hour of Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC orders on launch day have just been cleared!

Now I know we’re all looking for a rough time line on when to expect our precious commodities so if we extrapolate using only this information, some false assumptions, terrible math and even worse guesswork, each hour of orders on launch day takes approximately 7 weeks to clear, those that ordered right after midnight on the 18th should then be receiving their cards around the start of 2022, and if the same order rate as on launch was maintained throughout the next few weeks and fulfillment rates are stable for the next multiple decades, those that ordered roughly midday October 4th should have no worries playing all manner of retro titles such as the old classic Godfall or the retro game of the year, CD Projekt Red’s 57 year old Cyberpunk as they would be receiving their brand spanking new 3080 cards in.. You guessed it! 2077!

As we celebrate this great event let us all come together as one and hate on the one true enemy, uncertainty.

Let us cast our light on it’s darkness, let us share information on small deliveries in OK amounts, dreamy estimates and very small flames at MSI, let us dream the Hong Kong 3070’s into 3080’s, let us pester Asus regarding their non-OC stock, let us @Gibbo for the millionth time so he can answer the same questions over and over, or not at all, it doesn’t matter as long as we get a glimpse of the yellow Ferrari.
But most of all, let us enjoy our time here on these forums, together in our struggle, having to play the worst game of all, real life, where our only input is the F5 button, let us be relentless in it’s use as it will never again be pressed upon with such fierce intent.

Amazing

Associate
I see that the 3080ti has now been mentioned. What I said last week seems to becoming reality; soon the usual YouTube influencers will be getting everyone hyped up for TI cards before most people have received / had chance to enjoy the card they purchased back in September.

This is going to be a short generation for those of us still waiting.

Associate
My fellow Overclockers!

<3 it

Associate
My fellow Overclockers!

GG.

Associate
My fellow Overclockers!

I love it. Nothing to add

Associate
Hi, received dispatch notification last night, can anybody share their experience of how long it took for the watch dog legion code to arrive? Still waiting here

Back
Top Bottom