• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Honestly no idea as I'm not shop staff, so you'll need to contact them :)

You said earlier:
"and the limited shop staff can either spend time repeating the same things over and over, in which case everyone would still moan as they weren't getting the orders shipped or they can try and get on with their jobs and make the best out of a horrible sucky situation that we're all in."

The shop staff don't know anything because they don't have access to the information on their PC screens, those who should know something are not available to speak to customers. We find that although they should be chasing for answers and stock they have not been doing so. Failing to contact an OEM supplier for 4 - 6 weeks when you are the sole importer is unacceptable in anyones books. Worse still there is no evidence that the contact was initiated by OCUK, it could well have come from the OEM !

Associate
Gibbo has a thread for updates, so if it's not in there, what more do you want (aimed at the world in general) if he posts no news for this card, how does that help, unless I'm missing something else? Genuine question :)
I'll give you a genuine answer, with no malice or snide remarks intended.
There have been several instances (at least five that I can recall) of GPUs that were shipped and were not included in Gibbo's thread for updates; this has a very adverse effect on the question "is the update thread enough?", because it makes it look like Gibbo does not update us when he has information, but only when he... I don't know, when he feels like it?
The fact that he "forgets" to update when there actually is an update makes the few times he does update useless - so the request to have daily updates even when the update is "no update today" is aimed more at avoiding more situations like the above, where cards were delivered without having appeared in his thread. Sort of to prevent him from forgetting to do it.

Associate
Nvidia screwed everyone over, so why isn't anyone ranting at them for causing this world wide hysteria?
Who says no one is ranting at NVidia? I see NVidia being bashed quite a lot in other platforms, but this is OC's forum, we can't reach NVidia's ear from this platform.

Beside, the fact that NVidia has a larger share of the blame does not excuse OC from having poor communication practices. They're both screwing us over, and AIBs are screwing us too - in different ways and for different reasons. But this does not absolve OC.

Associate
Well I didn't get the Zotac ordered earlier. Unless people on this forum are lying about their order time the OC system is terrible. I ordered at 10:14 which is before some that got their card shipped. I spoke to someone on Discord and they confirmed I am in the queue for the next batch so I am arranging a cancellation. I am not giving OC any of my business if they cannot stick to their first come first serve policy and constantly oversell.

Associate
Gibbo has a thread for updates, so if it's not in there, what more do you want (aimed at the world in general) if he posts no news for this card, how does that help, unless I'm missing something else? Genuine question :)

As they say, bad news is better than no news. Personally, I'd rather hear "We've heard nothing on X card/manufacturer" than absolute silence, like we've had for 2 (or 3?) weeks on the Palits up until yesterday.

Associate
Given the millions of £s and thousands of orders involved, I would expect the update thread to include a model by model table of when expected deliveries are scheduled to take place, and if there isn't a date what estimates or clarifying information has been supplied by AIBs, and if there are no estimates or useful information, what steps OCUK are taking to acquire clarity from the AIBs to provide their paying customers with.

Associate
As they say, bad news is better than no news. Personally, I'd rather hear "We've heard nothing on X card/manufacturer" than absolute silence, like we've had for 2 (or 3?) weeks on the Palits up until yesterday.

Personally I'd rather just be told when they know some are on the way. (Had a Palit on order since Sept) Why do people want updates with no information?

Associate
I get that throwing my 2 pence in this 1100+ page long thread won't do much, but it'll make me feel better.

I understand this is largely not OCUK's fault, but after being in a queue for the Zotac Trinity non-OC for almost 2 months now, I believe only those 15 mentioned in the other thread were ever shipped. I imagine any other queue movements have been down to people cancelling. I understand that, supposedly, it's Zotac's (and other AIBs') fault that the non-OC volumes are as they are, since they prefer making and shipping the more expensive OC counter-parts, but it's starting to feel like a ****-take, with pretty much 0 updates on some AIBs and no end in sight.

Ah really feel your pain. I was lucky enough to grab one purely by chance today but I've been through similar (I've changed brands but was in the same boat, ASUS Non OC...., made worse by a systems fubar that put me a few hundred places behind people who'd ordered after me). Also hit by the Zen3 expectations (and the 5pm order time post...).

So I've got a Zotac rather than an Asus but coming from same place. Fingers crossed you get some luck soon.

Associate
Personally I'd rather just be told when they know some are on the way. (Had a Palit on order since Sept) Why do people want updates with no information?

I get that, and each to their own.

I know that in the industry I work in, if I was communicating with my clients the way Overclockers are (or aren't) with us, I would be torn to pieces. Maybe I'm just projecting a bit because it's not how I've ever done things, I guess.

Associate
I've been quite patient with this fiasco thinking that my card will arrive when it arrives.But after the update we had from Gigaman yesterday stating that a very large shipment of Gigabyte Gaming OC cards came into OC yesterday and then Gibbo saying only 35 shipped! Something is very off there. Patients is starting to wear abit thin! It does seem the whole truth about whats coming in and being shipped out isn't being told.

Back
Top Bottom