• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Getting tired of 'updates' basically redownloading the entire game again.

Can anyone shed light on this recent phenomenon and why it is required? Doesent help that the xbox network speeds are hit and miss at the moment.

But even so - why do I need to download the entire game again for an update?

Soldato
If anyone is interested Very are doing %10 back including electrical. You can get the storage expansion for a couple of quid over £200... Not cheap but a saving none the less.

Soldato
Would love to see 120hz in action with my own eyes after all theses years looking at 60.

Going to wait untill more HDMI 2.1 TV's or monitors come out.

This is my first time with 120hz. I think the jump from 60 yo 120 is not as noticeable as 30 to 60, but it does still make a nice improvement.

Must resist also getting a 130hz oled for bedroom

Associate
Looking at upgrading my 40 inch Samsung Lcd 4k tv, the Samaung QE49Q80T (2020 version) has caught my eye, its around £800 at present.

I appreciate it is not hdmi 2.1 120hz, problem is I cant really go anything larger due to where the tv sits in my bedroom as it will sit on a 850 x 250mm wide shelf unit.

Your thoughts would be appreciated guys. (Running a Series X)

Cheers all

Soldato
Apparently MS pulled it from some games due to issues. not sure if that was included.

I've been trying FIFA20 over the last few days and quick resume is shocking on that, ever other time it starts then quits tjhe game.

It would be weird to have been pulled so quickly because I literally used it about 3 hours prior to that and sent my friend a video of me using it to show how fast it was to get back into a game from switching the console back on.

Soldato
Would love to see 120hz in action with my own eyes after all theses years looking at 60.

Can’t say I notice much difference tbh. 30-60 is very noticeable but 60-120 less so. Dirt seems the same to me in either 60 or 120...

Caporegime
So first comparison of Valhalla has both systems running at 60fps with the Xbox dropping to a lower res than the PS5. Also carp looking screen tearing. Glad I’m getting both as the hard sell of the Xbox being the choice for 3rd party has hit 2 snags outa 2 all ready :eek::D

Game pass can’t be beat though :cool::D
all a bit of fun :D
Go easy on me :p

why would you get the same game on both systems?

Associate
Set up my series x last night, can't get HDR working. Have a Sony Bravia KD55XD8005 4k Tv that supports HDR10 but according to the xbox the Tv deosnt support HDR. Am using the HDMI cable that came with the xbox. Any ideas?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Set up my series x last night, can't get HDR working. Have a Sony Bravia KD55XD8005 4k Tv that supports HDR10 but according to the xbox the Tv deosnt support HDR. Am using the HDMI cable that came with the xbox. Any ideas?

I know on LG tv's you have to enable hdmi deep colour on the hdmi port your connected to, is there a similar setting on the sony?

Man of Honour
So for some reason my quick resume just stopped working last night. I used it to switch between AC Valhalla and another game, but then when I switched back to Valhalla, it loaded up normally which is frustrating. I quite like quick resume. I quit out of Valhalla and retried quick resume between games and Valhalla still didn't work but the other did. I didn't try much else to resolve it last night, so I'll have another look today and if it still isn't working, I'll force a full shutdown of the console to see if that works.

It’s pretty unpredictable. When it works it’s fantastic. AC never quick resumes for me. Gears has been fine the last few times, but it has crashed once or twice with it.

The weird one for me is that if I stop moving the controller for a few seconds in AC e.g. watching a scene, my wireless sound starts crackling and loses sync. Fine if I keep moving the controller and only happens in AC.

Above about 50 I can’t tell the difference.

Soldato
Just set mine up, not played anything yet, will give AC:V a go later, so far its whisper quiet and the fan has a subtle cool breeze.

The dash is super smooth and fast.

I'm laying mine horizontal as not got space for vertical but it looks ok.

Im using the series x settings from Vincent on HDTVTest for the LG CX.

Associate

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00167189

I know the settings are for the PS4 Pro but this part:
    • TV Series: X700D, X750D, X800D, and Z9D:
      • If Enhanced Mode is disabled or off: It will only display 2K HDR.
      • If Enhanced Mode is set and HDMI 2 or HDMI 3 are used: It will display 2K or 4K HDR, but the TV will default to 4K HDR.
      • If Enhanced Mode is set and HDMI 1 or HDMI 4 are used: It will display 2K HDR
    • TV Series: X850C/D, X930C/D, and X940C/D:
      • If Enhanced Mode is disabled or off: It will only display 2K HDR
      • If Enhanced Mode is set, all inputs: It will display 2K, or 4K HDR
Strange happenings, trial and error until you find the right HDMI port.

Soldato

You need to go into settings and set the hdmi port to enhanced mode. This should get you going with HDR.

My Sony TV is pretty terrible out of the box so if yours is the same you might need to spend some time setting up the screen to get the right brightness/contrast and colours etc.

Soldato
Is there any site that actually list the difference game specific for x and s, as an example I had a Google to compare cold war difference on x and s all I find is x being compared to ps5

But I see this is common when I Google difference on games for x and s, very hard to find unless my Google skills failing

I'm more than happy with my s and what's it's doing I was just curious

Soldato
Is there any site that actually list the difference game specific for x and s, as an example I had a Google to compare cold war difference on x and s all I find is x being compared to ps5

But I see this is common when I Google difference on games for x and s, very hard to find unless my Google skills failing

I'm more than happy with my s and what's it's doing I was just curious
At the moment mostly digitalfoundry. Generally S lower res and some dynamic aspects turned off.

Back
Top Bottom